easy way to check bufferbloat

Taff

I think Z first posted this awhile back for someone to use and it's been a huge help to everyone.

And I've never seen anyone with an A on speed and IMO it's cuz you have to set your sliders between 70 and 90 (everyone will be different) i.e. throttling so your speed is gonna go down giving you a lower grade.But if you run the test at 100 percent of your internet your gonna get a shitty grade on quality and buffer bloat.And to me the BB and quality has much more effects on gaming than the speed as you need so little to play online.

cc 70% both and this is what i get is it good? i dont reallly understand what this stuff means lol.

1980117.png

Yes that what you want quality and buffer bloat in the A to A+ range,and your speed is fine.That's the last thing to worry about.

Yes the speed could be - y and that wouldn't matter haha you only need a small amount of broadband to game the rest is idle bandwidth anyhow.

Getting your buffer bloat to A means if there is local congestion it will mitigate it and your line will perform as if you were the sole user.

I ran that test several times. I can get the BB to an A, but it seems no matter what I do to the sliders, I keep getting an F for quality. If I put both sliders to 100% I get a D for BB and an A for quality. Any ideas which sliders need to be moved to get the A for BB and quality?

EDIT: Ok so my tests have been of wifi so I'll retest wired

whats bufferbloat and what does it mean if I get a D grade? (Please quote me if you reply so I know that you replied, quote button is in the right hand corner right below this message)

your getting a lot of latency,lag an so forth, adjusting the throttling sliders up and down (usually down) on the netduma will improve it, you will definitely notice the difference once you've gotten it back to an A+ grade when playing games. you may have to change it at different times of the day or night to keep it that way.

there are 3 grades first one is buffer bloat, should be A or A+ ,second one is quality ,(which doesn't show up anymore with mine) and should be also an A or A+, the third is speed which i get an F but doesn't matter all speeds are different.

you can check "ping" elsewhere on that same page if you want its the same as "quality"

your getting a lot of latency,lag an so forth, adjusting the throttling sliders up and down (usually down) on the netduma will improve it, you will definitely notice the difference once you've gotten it back to an A+ grade when playing games. you may have to change it at different times of the day or night to keep it that way.

there are 3 grades first one is buffer bloat, should be A or A+ ,second one is quality ,(which doesn't show up anymore with mine) and should be also an A or A+, the third is speed which i get an F but doesn't matter all speeds are different.

you can check "ping" elsewhere on that same page if you want its the same as "quality"

THANK YOU!!!!!!

Archived