Netduma pingtest is a liar

zombitroid

i wouldnt even trust that connection meter on bo3 why do you guys always try to blame netduma for eveything bo3 is broken just like the rest of the cods 

Maybe so. I might be a little harsh but ill tell you that game my ping couldnt have been 42 ms. and often times I feel like my netduma overestimates the speed of my pings.

It's your ping to the host as Crossy mentioned.  Good ping doesn't mean good rooms necessarily.  It should but if the games servers aren't up to par yet or the host is even a player host with crappy internet connection, a bad dedi... etc, you'll still see lag.   At the moment it's most likely the game.   The Treyarch developers think they have found the bug and are working on a patch so hopefully that will be better soon.  (they have not said when it will be ready by though)

trust me cod connections are so unstable just because your on a 4 bar its not always good

ive played on some good 3 bar connections that played better then a 4 bar i kno we all say a 4 bar is best  but not all 4 bar games are good and not all 3 bar games means its gonna be bad 

Why would you trust a game developer's IN GAME readings over an independent third party with ZERO influence or benefit from said game?

A good, low ping is just that.  A shorter period of time from you to the host (and back as the case may be with incoming fire).

On one hand you have a third generation game trying desperately to save a franchise.  Activision and Treyarch would never alter reality to protect investors, right?   :lol:

On the other hand you have a device that was built by a completely different, third party to monitor and maintain your connections to hundreds of games.

And you made this decision based on the first week release game play of the largest game to come out this year in a series known to have balancing and connecting issues?    :unsure:

Okay, thanks for the intel.   

im not gonna blame netduma for cod problems. when i got the netduma games like mw3 and bo2 which played terrible for me when they were in their prime the router made them great. bo3 just came out and the release is always bad i stopped playing because their netcode for the game is terrible and on their game engine has a 64 latency ms input so there is a delay bad on this game

Zombitroid, I assure you that the Netduma ping test is accurate for its part. The ping you have in a game is different than the ping the netduma is showing you. I've been having issues with BO3 in some lobbies too. It's the game. But what helps is putting the geofilter on! At least I get games close to me instead of crazy far away.

1. Wow I always wondered if there were any girls in the Duma Army... Guess so! Welcome!

2. The NetDuma ping is 100% accurate. Playing Rocket League on PS4 I am constantly pinging servers because of rubberbanding issues while playing so I want to know if it's a ping spike on my end or the server's problem. The in game ping on the scoreboard matches what the netduma shows +-2-3ms because it seems like Rocket League rounds their numbers up or down and doesn't update ping as frequently.

Now I will say that I've hosted modded lobbies on MW2 (xbox 360) which allowed me to show ping numbers in the scoreboard. cg_scoreboardPingText "1" This means the feature was always in the game, and they chose to only show us bars... Anyways, while being HOST of these modded games, my ping was not 0. Ironically, it still showed about 30ms ping to myself! This was back on MW2 which I consider the holy grail of cod online gameplay compared to the trash these days. If we have 30ms ping from myself to myself on a game that ran like butter, what do we have on this game that has far more going on with it?

When I first played the PS4 BO3 beta and saw the ping numbers vary so much between what the game showed and what the R1 showed I felt ripped off by someone. I wasn't sure who was to blame, Netduma for selling smoke and mirrors to us with bs ping meters or Treyarch for fucking up a simple ping graph... After some testing by pinging my friends on the R1 and then through command line on my PC, I found the R1 to be 100% accurate with real world ping tests. There's nothing wrong with the R1's ping. As usual, the game is broken... But I will say I have a 3.0 K/D with 1 day play time in only hardcore search and destroy and I haven't had much lag at all.

In BO3 the game tells me I sometimes get pings as low as 4ms yet the Duma says 50-60ms, the game runs like smelly ass in those cases, trusting 3arc over the Duma isn't wise imo.

4ms?  lol how can anyone trust that :)

As everyone else has said the netduma ping is spot on..who knows what BO3 is pinging :P

1. Wow I always wondered if there were any girls in the Duma Army... Guess so! Welcome!

2. The NetDuma ping is 100% accurate. Playing Rocket League on PS4 I am constantly pinging servers because of rubberbanding issues while playing so I want to know if it's a ping spike on my end or the server's problem. The in game ping on the scoreboard matches what the netduma shows +-2-3ms because it seems like Rocket League rounds their numbers up or down and doesn't update ping as frequently.

Now I will say that I've hosted modded lobbies on MW2 (xbox 360) which allowed me to show ping numbers in the scoreboard. cg_scoreboardPingText "1" This means the feature was always in the game, and they chose to only show us bars... Anyways, while being HOST of these modded games, my ping was not 0. Ironically, it still showed about 30ms ping to myself! This was back on MW2 which I consider the holy grail of cod online gameplay compared to the trash these days. If we have 30ms ping from myself to myself on a game that ran like butter, what do we have on this game that has far more going on with it?

When I first played the PS4 BO3 beta and saw the ping numbers vary so much between what the game showed and what the R1 showed I felt ripped off by someone. I wasn't sure who was to blame, Netduma for selling smoke and mirrors to us with bs ping meters or Treyarch for fucking up a simple ping graph... After some testing by pinging my friends on the R1 and then through command line on my PC, I found the R1 to be 100% accurate with real world ping tests. There's nothing wrong with the R1's ping. As usual, the game is broken... But I will say I have a 3.0 K/D with 1 day play time in only hardcore search and destroy and I haven't had much lag at all.

well. you know.... and I dont mean to be rude or anything here...... take no offense at all... but thats great that everything works perfectly for you and youve got a 3.0 kd. some of us arent that lucky. and if the net duma is accurate for you, great. I think that in my case there might be other factors at play which the netduma isnt built to detect... like maybe my ADSL 2+ line is faulty, or maybe one of the cords is wired wrong or something. Maybe I have something wrong with my network that you will never have to experience. I understand that some people have no trouble with their networks at all. I unfortunately am not one of those people. I can tell you with complete 100% confidence that I have experienced hundreds of deaths where I have a ping<35ms (sometimes flat 22 ms) and I still know that I am dying because of latency. I mean sometimes dude you just know that there is something up, and this is one of those examples.

Peace :)

• Administrators

We obviously don't know why exactly their ping is so different, we can't know how they're calculating it, as Crossy said there is probably processing delay and other factors contributing to it. 

You could do the internet diagnosis test if you feel there may be an issue with your line and switching out ethernet cables

My netduma said I had a nice smooth 42 ms ping to this california server, but I was jerking around and lagging something awful. BO3 in game ping test reported 149 ms. I'll trust BO3 over the netduma from now on unless im conviced otherwise.

Yeah definitely go with the games ping bars over the dumas ping graph.Sorry but that is kinda funny,if you thing the game is gonna tell you when you have a shit connection you haven't been around many releases over the years.The ping bars on the game are extremely inaccurate all the way around.But I do believe when the game shows someone with a 2- 3 bar that their connection is absolute shit.If you notice at the start and end of every game everyone in the lobby has 5 bar connection.

• Netduma Staff

I think its time that I close this thread. how do I do it? I didnt mean to stir up all this commotion. I was just frustrated at the time...

You can't close it but if you want one of the other mods/admins or I can close it for you? 

Archived