IPv6 question?

tjl118

On my xbox, when i disable IPv6 I lose connection to xbox live. everything else seems to work just fine. are there any additional setting I need to change? Also i have not tested this on the PS4 and was wondering if anyone had the same issues? 

Additional question: What are the benefits of disabling the IPv6 on the duma? 

Tyler

I run with IPv6 enabled due to it being provided by my ISP.  My Xbox One seems to run better with it on and I have no loss to throughput.  Tjl118 I would just leave it enabled.  But you still should be able to connect to Xbox live with it enabled or not though.   

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just butting in.....

I was looking at the recommendation to disable ipv6 which I have done.

but wasn’t ipv6 meant to improve packet processing efficiency/time across the net

wouldnt that improve latency/ping?   which is what we are all about.....

edit:

Ok irrelivant for me ....I have just read that the PS4 dosent even support ipv6!

Finally something for the xboners to shout about... (sorry couldnt resist.....I am juvinile....)

If your ISP does not offer IPv6 I would disable it on the R1 in the WAN/LAN/Settings areas. If it does, like me, enable it. I haven't had any issues. And my speeds are found as well.

Time Warner Cable is rolling out ipv6 in stages, though my modem is not set up for it right now.

In this one online test it wouldn't test without using the test for ipv6 a few times and now it only works using the test for ipv4.

Maybe there should be an auto feature in the netduma for those who don't know what they have.

Archived