Geo Filter not working

kava05

• Administrators

Could you reboot the game please with Filtering enabled and your home location over NZ / East Aus. The game is trying to give you a US server for some reason and the Geo-Filter should fix that upon reboot.

• Netduma Staff
6 hours ago, kava05 said:

i cant find games if i turn on Geo filter 

It seems like the game really wants to connect you to America... Make sure your radius is covering the whole of Australia, there's no need to limit it by coast. When you boot up the game, do you see any hosts appear in Australia?

Try using Ping Assist set to 60ms, do you get games then?

• Administrators

That server you can see in the UK isn't actually a game server (dedicated server). It's an 'authentication' server which allows you to access the game in the first place e.g. it checks your rank, purchase history etc.

By the looks of your Geo-Filter, everything is setup well and you're now forcing connections within your region. Let us know if we can help with anything else.

• Administrators

These are all being allowed by Ping Assist. Do you have it set to 0ms (expand your Geo-Filter map options)? If not, please set it 0ms, or if you want to use it, not higher than 50ms.

(Guide on Ping assist here: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000087579--dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-ping-assist)

If you have already set Ping Assist to 0ms and this problem is still happening then factory reset the router. This should hopefully fix this problem: https://kb.netgear.com/000053098/How-do-I-perform-a-factory-reset-on-my-Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-router

Youre honestly at the mercy of your location sometimes. Considering you are im assuming in NZ? Ive found that if i play at certain times of the day when more local players are not near me, Im gonna be connecting further away no matter what. This really depends on the game. For instance, cod ghosts uses dedis and player hosts, and if theres not enough players near the server im trying to connect to then it will just give me host because ghosts is just like that. Now if this is bo3 on the other hand, itll ignore that im trying to connect only to local servers and throw me over on Texas instead. I find though that if I set my QOS right and my packets are prioritized I can still do well if its a 25 ping or an 85 ping. Sure the game is alot more one sided sometimes but that just mean prefiring and I hate to say it...pathetic techniques to ensure I get the kill. Im not sure if the game is supposed to force me to use beyond my ping but it happens on strict as well. What I do to fix this is delete my console from geo, reboot the router, RE-Add the console, reset my preferences and then its typically fine. 

Thanks bbursley but i have tried deleting my console on Geo and rebooting my router still happening thanks for your help tho i guess ill just play on the US server and die every time hahaha   

51 minutes ago, kava05 said:

Thanks bbursley but i have tried deleting my console on Geo and rebooting my router still happening thanks for your help tho i guess ill just play on the US server and die every time hahaha   

You try just placing the location over the whole of Australia and NZ (I assume that’s where you are) with strict on?

• Netduma Staff
10 hours ago, kava05 said:

Yeh man as Bbursley suggested above.. You shouldn't just have to put up with it, you have a Geo-Filter so the control is yours. Stick the radius just over AUS and NZ with Strict Mode on and Ping Assist at 0ms. I'd be amazed if you still got servers outside the radius (since it'd be physically impossible!)

It's just a matter of finding where the closest server is, and honing your settings to connect to that.