Host filtering black out

HaBlo0

Hello ; 

When I want to play Black out, I couldn't find a game, impossible to join the game, while on multiplayer (domination, ffa..), it works.. and it's the same if I play on a friend connection.

If I want to play, I have to put spectating mode..

• Netduma Staff
3 hours ago, HaBlo0 said:

This don't work.. I did it, reboot game and nothing happened. I have to disabled it and immediately, i find a game..

Interesting - we can find games and use the Geo-Filter fine here in the office. There must be something weird going on.

Reckon you could screenshot your Geo-Filter settings for us to take a look? Have you tried disabling Strict Mode? Do you see anything blocked on the map when you search for a game?

• Netduma Staff

There's the proof then I guess. There's weird stuff going on with Black Ops 4 at this time - just gotta' wait for Treyarch to stabilise their servers. It could well be the Blackout mode itself as well, as the net-code works differently on that than other game modes.

We're currently testing Black Ops 4 and building a massive cloud update for it, so we'll see if that helps. I guarantee it's just a matter of waiting though given how well other CoD games are playing.

Today, it's on multiplayer too but yes, as you say, their servers are sh**t.. i'm supposed to have 10ms ping but on bo4, i'm always on 50-60 and mine friends are around 100ms.. unplayable...

I'm going to wait, Thks Jack ;)

The mp servers and black out servers aren't the same, and there isn't many blackout servers so if your geo is set up it probably won't connect to the server. Just turn off geo filter when u want to play black out. Also the Multi-player servers aren't very good or are overloaded, because if u ping the dedi servers for Multi-player it'll give around 20-30 ping but in game it shows over 50, so idk. I understand you can't take the ping on Duma as 100% correct but still playing at 50+ ping sometimes high 80,90s is unplayable and that's connecting to the nearest server

• Netduma Staff
10 hours ago, HaBlo0 said:

I've been connected on server US while i tick strict mode

Capture.thumb.PNG.119a3cf01e013a0bf02a0a45f3dc2f67.PNG

So you definitely have strict mode enabled in this screenshot? That's an odd issue. You can always deny it but I have a feeling that server could be whitelisted (i.e it's such an important server that the game functionality could be broken if you couldn't connect to it). It should be impossible to connect outside your radius if Strict Mode is on, so this is the likely cause.

I hope this explains it :)

I'm UK and playing in spectate mode as I was struggling to find games too.

Of the Games played half show up as in the UK and half in the USA. Within the USA pings range from 10ms to 130ms

So in summary, some servers are misplaced and the game seems happy to put me on proxy USA servers when I ping in the UK at 7ms.

When you have one life it makes gun fights a gamble and very annoying. 

Hello :)

I have a question : before duma os, we have to disable host filtering when we stopped playing and enable it as i boot a game.

Should we have to do this on duma os ?