Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

XR500 Losing setting after reboot

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

neo2070

neo2070

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Local time: 06:44 AM

My Netgear XR500 lost it's configuration settings after a reboot today. I have installed the latest FW 2.2.1.10 last week and did a factory reset then configured the XR500 and made a backup. However after having a brief power outage today when the power came back on the router rebooted with default factory settings. Had to restore configuration settings from a backup. 

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 19,111 posts
  • Local time: 11:44 AM

The power outage may have caused the factory reset due to the sudden nature of turning off. It's not something we can really test for but if it hasn't happening before and only occurred when the power outage occurred I think it should be fine, do keep and eye out though.

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - Midnight BST

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

neo2070

neo2070

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

I will and thanks for the reply. I haven't had this happen with any other router that I had from Netgear other routers that power off suddenly due to power loss  always came back with configuration o.k. on router. This is the only router that I have had from Netgear that this has happened with. 

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 19,111 posts

Okay thanks for letting us know. It's probably too late now but if it happens again do let us know and we can try to get a Dev to take a look straight away.

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - Midnight BST

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

neo2070

neo2070

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Hi Fraser,

Had the same issue again last night..lost power and when the power was restored modem restarted and XR500 reverted back to factory defaults. I tried to restore from a backup and it wouldn't restore from backup. I had to manually enter all the settings. Any idea as to why this happens when it loses power abruptly? I have had other routers from Netgear in the past and never had this issue with any other router. 

Netduma Admin

Netduma Admin

Netduma Staff

• Administrators
  • 798 posts
  • LocationNetduma HQ

Hi Neo - sorry to hear this has reoccurred. It would be best if a NETGEAR engineer looked into this.

Could you email us your details at [email protected] and we can take it from there. 

Thanks.

neo2070

neo2070

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Email sent..what details do you need?

Netduma Admin

Netduma Admin

Netduma Staff