DumaOS on the Netduma R1 is now in Open Beta! Learn more here: http://forum.netduma.com/topic/26315-dumaos-on-the-netduma-r1-is-now-in-open-beta/

Sign in to follow this  
neo2070

XR500 Losing setting after reboot

My Netgear XR500 lost it's configuration settings after a reboot today. I have installed the latest FW 2.2.1.10 last week and did a factory reset then configured the XR500 and made a backup. However after having a brief power outage today when the power came back on the router rebooted with default factory settings. Had to restore configuration settings from a backup. 

The power outage may have caused the factory reset due to the sudden nature of turning off. It's not something we can really test for but if it hasn't happening before and only occurred when the power outage occurred I think it should be fine, do keep and eye out though.

I will and thanks for the reply. I haven't had this happen with any other router that I had from Netgear other routers that power off suddenly due to power loss  always came back with configuration o.k. on router. This is the only router that I have had from Netgear that this has happened with. 

Hi Fraser,

Had the same issue again last night..lost power and when the power was restored modem restarted and XR500 reverted back to factory defaults. I tried to restore from a backup and it wouldn't restore from backup. I had to manually enter all the settings. Any idea as to why this happens when it loses power abruptly? I have had other routers from Netgear in the past and never had this issue with any other router.