getting kicked out of every game I play on ww2

Create your own thread please.

You've had responses, you've ignored our requests to provide further information.

Create your own thread please.

You have but it's difficult to keep track of because you all post in other peoples threads.

You know what I need to see regarding your settings/setup, please provide what I asked for.

You sir are pissing me off. You are assuming we are entry level retards that don’t know what we are doing. Even if it’s only 1 game (CoD WW2), if it’s only happening using your hardware, it’s your hardware.

I have personally tried everything and factory reset at least 6 times, one time entering my bandwidth and letting the Netduma automatically configure for my 200mb speed. Still kicked.

It would be more productive for a member of the staff to monitor our router and see it happen in real time, even run a packet capture. But you want to babysit people, and be like an India call center. Next time you will tell us to unplug our router for 30 seconds right.

Most people on here are more technically advanced then that

• Administrators

With the Geo-Filter disabled it can't affect the game servers. If you still get that and convinced it is the Netduma turn on turbo & super turbo mode in miscellaneous settings. That will turn off Congestion Control completely. So then it is like a standard router, then choose to use either UPnP OR port forwarding for your console (upnp forwarding in miscellaneous disabled, upnp & port forwarding disabled on upstream router with R1 WAN IP from device manager in the DMZ or if preferable upstream router in modem/bridge mode) that will ensure no port conflicts are the cause.

Then if you still have the same issues I'd find it hard to imagine it'd be the R1 as it'd literally only be routing packets without interference. I would then look at how your console is connected i.e. if WiFi then change to ethernet. Set static IP in DHCP lease to ensure it's IP doesn't change and therefore ports opened won't become redundant. 

With the Geo-Filter disabled it can't affect the game servers. If you still get that and convinced it is the Netduma turn on turbo & super turbo mode in miscellaneous settings. That will turn off Congestion Control completely. So then it is like a standard router, then choose to use either UPnP OR port forwarding for your console (upnp forwarding in miscellaneous disabled, upnp & port forwarding disabled on upstream router with R1 WAN IP from device manager in the DMZ or if preferable upstream router in modem/bridge mode) that will ensure no port conflicts are the cause.

Then if you still have the same issues I'd find it hard to imagine it'd be the R1 as it'd literally only be routing packets without interference. I would then look at how your console is connected i.e. if WiFi then change to ethernet. Set static IP in DHCP lease to ensure it's IP doesn't change and therefore ports opened won't become redundant.

Thanks for a response.

Basically everything you mentioned I tried. The only thing that really worked was actually disconnecting the r1. And running modem straight to ps4. Also ps4 is ran by Ethernet (cat6)

But another weird thing is it kicks on all cod games. Bo3,iw,ww2,mw,and advance. Not sure if it's a issue with cod or what.

Forgot to mention. The ps4 has always been on a static ip.

Since the issue of being kicked, I let it manually pull a ip then used the Dhcp lease on the duma to lock that ip address.

Been trying all sorts of crazy stuff.

This morning I just put all the settings back to how I have been using it for almost a year now. Tried it again and was able to play a couple of full games. But games seem to lag alot.

I've tested WW2 and Infinite Warfare (and Paladins and PUBG) for several hours today and I've not had a single drop, crash, failed lobby, disconnect, nothing like that. Everything worked perfectly normally (so at least I know that SHG/Activ have fixed the Xbox problem now).

Only thing I can think is that, when you make a change with the Geo Filter, you need to reboot your console.

Personally I always set the Geo Filter and hard refresh the page, to make sure it's accepted the change, before I even turn the console on.

Although with your issues, I'd go so far as to purge all caches, factory reset all equipment (including the console) and leave them unplugged for an hour (including the modem). Total restart setup from scratch.

Before you do this, can you post up a screenshot of your whole Geo Filter page please?

Also, please screenshot the disconnect messages that you're seeing so I can see exactly what it is, error messages, error codes, etc.

Thanks

I've tested WW2 and Infinite Warfare (and Paladins and PUBG) for several hours today and I've not had a single drop, crash, failed lobby, disconnect, nothing like that. Everything worked perfectly normally (so at least I know that SHG/Activ have fixed the Xbox problem now).

Only thing I can think is that, when you make a change with the Geo Filter, you need to reboot your console.

Personally I always set the Geo Filter and hard refresh the page, to make sure it's accepted the change, before I even turn the console on.

Although with your issues, I'd go so far as to purge all caches, factory reset all equipment (including the console) and leave them unplugged for an hour (including the modem). Total restart setup from scratch.

Before you do this, can you post up a screenshot of your whole Geo Filter page please?

Also, please screenshot the disconnect messages that you're seeing so I can see exactly what it is, error messages, error codes, etc.

Thanks

I Cant seem to figure out how to get the entire screen at once. I have a 3 monitor pc system.There is nothing whitelisted in the deny & alIow area.     

post-6439-0-38742700-1515334143_thumb.png

FYI

I have been experiencing this problem on the XB1 (cannot comment on PS4, as not been gaming on it) only since 2nd Jan 2018, i.e. winter siege ended.

The problem only occurs when the geofilter is enabled, and at no other time.

So the geofilter (netduma firewall) is blocking something that is key for the game to work. Unfortunately no triangle with exclamation mark is shown, and thus I cannot provide feedback to Netduma Team. However, we all know that 12 circles are not shown when in a gaming with 12 other players. I have my suspicion of what is being blocked... but cannot confirm at this time.

The congestion control comments I've read elsewhere, are a red herring. This is covering up another issue, as they alter your max ping.

I will be persuing this issue also with Activision, and I will be polling the Netduma community on key questions via my YouTube channel, and getting feedback.

At the moment the only way to play COD WWII, is to disable the geofilter. This requires you to cover entire world (but not quite) with the geofilter circle, click the clear temporary ban button, set ping assist high (200ms); wait 2mins; launch the game; ensure padlocks clear; relaunch the game. If not all padlocks clear; then untick enable geofilter, ensure Hyper Traffic is disabled (delete all of those rules) and restart router via miscellaneous page. Fire up game again, no padlocks should appear; keep geofilter disabled and game to your hearts content. Not an ideal solution at all, but the only working one I have at this time.

Like everyone here, I want to have some fun playing COD WWII. Lets hope the issue where ever it lies can be determined and subsequently resolved.

Sim

FYI

I have been experiencing this problem on the XB1 (cannot comment on PS4, as not been gaming on it) only since 2nd Jan 2018, i.e. winter siege ended.

The problem only occurs when the geofilter is enabled, and at no other time.

So the geofilter (netduma firewall) is blocking something that is key for the game to work. Unfortunately no triangle with exclamation mark is shown, and thus I cannot provide feedback to Netduma Team. However, we all know that 12 circles are not shown when in a gaming with 12 other players. I have my suspicion of what is being blocked... but cannot confirm at this time.

The congestion control comments I've read elsewhere, are a red herring. This is covering up another issue, as they alter your max ping.

I will be persuing this issue also with Activision, and I will be polling the Netduma community on key questions via my YouTube channel, and getting feedback.

At the moment the only way to play COD WWII, is to disable the geofilter. This requires you to cover entire world (but not quite) with the geofilter circle, click the clear temporary ban button, set ping assist high (200ms); wait 2mins; launch the game; ensure padlocks clear; relaunch the game. If not all padlocks clear; then untick enable geofilter, ensure Hyper Traffic is disabled (delete all of those rules) and restart router via miscellaneous page. Fire up game again, no padlocks should appear; keep geofilter disabled and game to your hearts content. Not an ideal solution at all, but the only working one I have at this time.

Like everyone here, I want to have some fun playing COD WWII. Lets hope the issue where ever it lies can be determined and subsequently resolved.

Sim

Sim, Thanks for your responce.  But if you read all the other post I added.  It still didnt work with the geofilter disabled.  Also prior to my post it worked perfectly fine with it enabled.

I play 3 games yesterday with my normal settings( geo on) I didnt get kicked at all.  games lag some , but no kick.  I also played for a hour today,  still have not been kicked.

I know Sim has this ability but Stro would you be able to show me the game via an Elgato software while I look at the interface? Sim, if you're free sometime next week would you be able to do this with me?

Sorry Fraser, I do not own a Elgato. Also, I played for a hour or so today. No issues.

Quick update: Geofilter completely off, no padlocks, entire world covered, and I got disconnect error.

So not geofilter, which is good news. The problem seems eratic of when it is going to rear its head.

Currently testing with congestion control off. So reactive 100% for me.

Still have my LEDE router sitting infront of that so at least I have bufferbloat controlled.

Until recently I had been using device prioritisation to throttle console whilst giving streaming laptop enough bandwidth. So in that configuration I had 100% reactive.

So lets see how it goes.

Fraser, sure evening chats; 8pm ish. Tweet/DM me on twitter, and I'll pop over to hear or whereever to chat.

Cheers

Sim

PS. I do have video footage (elgato) of disconnect issue.

Quick update: Geofilter completely off, no padlocks, entire world covered, and I got disconnect error.

So not geofilter, which is good news. The problem seems eratic of when it is going to rear its head.

Still have my LEDE router sitting infront of that so at least I have bufferbloat controlled.

Until recently I had been using device prioritisation to throttle console whilst giving streaming laptop enough bandwidth. So in that configuration I had 100% reactive.

So lets see how it goes.

Fraser, sure evening chats; 8pm ish. Tweet/DM me on twitter, and I'll pop over to hear or whereever to chat.

Cheers

Sim

what do you mean when you say you have your LEDE router in front of that.  Are you saying you have Isp Modem to router then to a duma?

I have mines setup with ISP Modem-R1- Netgear r7000 for wifi and other lan ports

I have a more exotic network setup: BT Modem -> Nighthawk R7800 (running LEDE firmware, dealing with bufferbloat) -> Netduma.

From ~2hrs gaming tonight (2XP), with geofilter OFF and congestion control OFF. No disconnect. BUT because the issue is so random, it needs more test time for me to confirm, what I think the issue is now.

I have a more exotic network setup: BT Modem -> Nighthawk R7800 (running LEDE firmware, dealing with bufferbloat) -> Netduma.

From ~2hrs gaming tonight (2XP), with geofilter OFF and congestion control OFF. No disconnect. BUT because the issue is so random, it needs more test time for me to confirm, what I think the issue is now.

So LEDE is like dd-wrt? Also thanks again to you all for helping.

From what I have read in other post, this issue was going on in the xbox community due to activision server issues.  I have a ps4 and I was having the same issue.  I have been able to play all weekend with no issues and no change to my settings.  

• Administrators

So lets see how it goes.

Cheers

Sim

Okay great thanks, tomorrow will most likely be best for me. Are you still experiencing this after the weekend?

This ^^^^^^^^^

I’ve had same issue and he’s spot on. Something in the Geofilter is causing this. Mine also started at the same time. The only thing that has worked is to remove the Xbox completely from geofilter.

As I said in another thread it would be beneficial for one of us to play and have a team member do a packet capture as it’s happening.

This suggestion was met with a ban from Conicboom. He said he I was causing “discord”, but someone said I was taking out my ass for thinking it was the R1. Which also causes “discord”

I suggest moderators develop thicker skin or get off the power trip. We are all trying to work toward a common goal and get this fixed

Are you still experiencing this after the weekend or has it been resolved like it has for Stro?

From what I have read in other post, this issue was going on in the xbox community due to activision server issues.  I have a ps4 and I was having the same issue.  I have been able to play all weekend with no issues and no change to my settings.  

Was an update put out over the weekend?

• Netduma Staff

I haven’t played since Friday, haven’t had the chance to game

Alright - please let us know if the issue is resolved when you get a chance to game :)