DUMAOS Question

BOLDSHOTER

Which merely demonstrates how little you know about what's involved.

I've been on the beta for a couple of gaming products for over 18 months. And that's just the software refinement aspect of it, the hardware has been set in concrete far longer. The software for both products was already largely written over a decade and several generations prior and is nowhere near the scope of what Netduma is producing here.

Patience grasshopper. There is absolutely zero benefit imposing your arbitrary deadlines on their product. Threatening to go somewhere else is meaningless because a. they already have your money, and b. the OS upgrade will be free and they're under no obligation to provide anything to you other than what you already have.

All good things come to those who wait. If you can't, I dare say you won't be missed.

you sir are a dick rider and i give too fucks on, what you are talking about.

you sir are a dick rider and i give too fucks on, what you are talking about.

This is a polarizing topic and I have been very guilty of bad manners about it toward the owner and original team members. They are the ones who financially shoulder the burden of lost or gained sales. If you are not one of them, please stop talking to customers this way.

Wonk wonk wonk. Paying for a product does not give anyone the right to be an asshole. I'll say it because they can't.

There's no need to put additional pressure on the Duma guys, the toxicity clouding this topic is poor for morale. It's little wonder Iain's nowhere to be seen on these forums - the moment he pops his head up is the moment you clowns go headhunting.

I'm paraphrasing here, but stating "Gimme the upgrade by Oct 20 or I'll get another router...herp derp" is not only entirely unrealistic (it's not even in open beta), but it's shooting yourself in the foot. Go ahead, get a Nighthawk or a DIY OpenWRT router and prepare for disappointment.

Iain and company know what they're up against and their livelihoods are riding on this product, so pull your head in and let them do their jobs.

Doubtless this thread will be locked, just like every DumaOS thread before it, so I bid you all good day.

Is anyone going to answer this question?  A real security vulnerability will put their claimed product in violation of it's own EULA without a patch in a timely fashion. If at the very least nobody will use it as the main router and if you do you're asking for trouble. 

https://www.pcworld.com/article/3233308/security/krack-wi-fi-security-flaw-faq-tips.html

@antithesis, you have some great posts on Xim and console tuner forums and I am a defender of the netduma as well but in reality it's been far too long of a wait with zero answers. 

@ Netduma If you're going to ask the very loyal followers to follow you must clue them in.  You can see that even the die-hards are getting frustrated and the forums are getting logged into less and less.  With the issue of Geo-Filter being less and less used with the last few CoD titles and no need for it with server browsers I would reconsider having my fan base (the money) harassed by the forum mods swinging their weight around.  People are frustrated.  Give them a step by step timeline and for God's sake update security threats immediately. 

I remember a similar situation with the l*gb*ster. It didn't turn out well.  I know I know.... gimmick blah blah blah.  But they did have a good QoS before the masses even knew what it was all about in the mainstream gaming community.  And guess what it worked.  Hell it still works.  Anyone that says it doesn't show me a copy of your IEEE CS or Comp Sci degree and some proof that it doesn't do exactly what it says.  Either way.  it worked, it got trumped, they made excuses, it dragged on..... it failed.  

I'll sit back with some popcorn and chill...... carry on.  I'm sure the ban hammer is after a few of you by now.  Forcefully/intentionally reducing your dwindling following by choice is also not a smart move. But maybe that's the ultimate goal here.

I agree, some news would be handy, but Iain is doing that via Twitter.

I'm sure they're aware of the risks of withholding information, but I take great encouragement from the mere fact that Iain mentions they'll be adding more beta testers soon, which tells me that progress had been made.

Providing timelines and milestones has only whipped up a storm of acid rain in the past, so I don't begrudge them for choosing to keep things behind closed doors.

Ultimately, DumaOS will make or break Netduma and they're under a tonne of pressure from within and without. Wait too long and you lose momentum. Release too soon and you kill the golden goose. They're caught between a rock and a hard place, so let's give them the benefit of the doubt.

Remember that Neduma is the result of a few mates who had a big idea and the balls to give it a go. They have limited funds and limited manpower, so let's be realistic in our expectations.

These gents are exactly the fine kind of folk I will evangelise to anyone who will listen, just as I do for Xim and Console Tuner. In Australia we can them the "little Aussie battler" and they deserve our support because they're changing a stagnant industry for the better.

And thanks for your thoughtful response - it's constructive criticism, which is what we need to see around here, not more dumbass shit-post threats that serve only to engender hostility between the company and its customers.

I agree, some news would be handy, but Iain is doing that via Twitter.

I'm sure they're aware of the risks of withholding information, but I take great encouragement from the mere fact that Iain mentions they'll be adding more beta testers soon, which tells me that great progress had been made.

Providing timelines and milestones has only whipped up a storm of acid rain in the past, so I don't begrudge them for choosing to keep things behind closed doors.

Ultimately, DumaOS will make or break Netduma and they're under a tonne of pressure from within and without. Wait too long and you lose momentum. Release too soon and you kill the golden goose. They're caught between a rock and a hard place, so let's give them the benefit of the doubt.

And thanks for your thoughtful response - it's constructive criticism, which is what we need to see around here, not more dumbass shit-post threats that serve only to engender hostility between the company and its customers.

I'm with you man.

@ Netduma I would reconsider having my fan base (the money) harassed by the forum mods swinging their weight around.

I'm sure the ban hammer is after a few of you by now.

Banning is only used for certain behaviour, repeat offenders, spam, etc, not for dissent or to hide things much as the conspiracists love to suggest.

Out of interest, what was your username before you were banned previously?

• Administrators

Lets keep this topic civil please.

In regards to Krack  we're aware of it and the Dev team are looking into it. Be aware that you still need to patch ALL your clients, even if your AP is patched - the vulnerability is far greater in the client.

Lets keep this topic civil please.

In regards to Krack  we're aware of it and the Dev team are looking into it. Be aware that you still need to patch ALL your clients, even if your AP is patched - the vulnerability is far greater in the client.

Apple has patched it in their newest betas so all devices will likely be updated soon

https://twitter.com/reneritchie/status/919988216501030914

• Administrators

The Krack vulnerability patch has been tested internally and there seems to be no issues. Getting a few others to test it to make sure it hasn't caused any issues as well. So we should be able to release it tomorrow after we have been given the all clear.

If you are desperate to have the upgrade now then you can PM me for it with the subject "R1 Krack Patch" but you must be on the latest version - 1.03.6g.

Would creating a hidden Wifi network help to avoid the vulnerability?

I have a couple of Apple Airports and have that option, but I don't yet see (any may never see) a firmware update for them. I've read that they're not vulnerable to one or more of the 10 discovered exploits, which may be why there's no firmware updates.

iOS and MacOS are already patched, if anyone's interested.