Major lag

• Netduma Staff

Disable your port forwarding rules and enable UPnP. After that, reboot from miscellaneous settings and see if the issue still occurs.

I've seen a ping that looks like your screenshot once or twice.

I put it down to a graphical bug as it didn't translate as lag in-game, certainly not 1000ms worth. That high wouldn't just be laggy with bs deaths, it would be impossible to play, and you'd be kicked out of the lobby pretty quickly anyway.

I can't see your Device Priority flower, do you have it reset to default and have 'Share Excess' ticked (for both Upload and Download)?

Can you post up a video of what you're seeing in game? Your diagnotic test looks fine so I wouldn't expect you to be lagging.

Don't wait for a random terrible P2P game to turn up, I need to see a normal game on the dedi.

Run Netduma diagnostics before you play and screenshot it.

And screenshot the dedi with the ping graph.

Then record the next game so we can see.

Also, if it only happens around peak time then it's highly likely that your area is over-subscribed.

Why have you cut most of the UK off with your Geo when you're in the UK?

If you're playing IW then you're pretty much blocking yourself off from playing other people in the UK, due to the way IW has that weird player-host hybrid lobby system.

• Netduma Staff

Tried that already it just give me moderate nat

The suggestions above are great and will be very useful. Fraser and myself believe that this is a graphical bug as well, it's physically almost impossible to have pings that are so erratic - and it certainly would mean that you get kicked from the game and wouldn't be able to move at all in-game beforehand. If you haven't tried looking at your ping graph on other devices and other browsers, I would suggest doing so. Which firmware version are you on, and are you using the default theme?

due to the way IW has that weird player-host hybrid lobby system.

I always wondered why lower ping assist values (with my home in the ocean) didn't work in IW as they did in BO3. Even though I get 7ms to the UK, 12ms to the Netherlands, 15ms to France etc., I could never find a game under 30ms. I also wondered why auto ping would show a player host first before transferring to a server, and why with something like 50ms ping assist I'd find <30ms player hosts and then the usual servers anyway.

So I started experimenting with ping assist only with that new knowledge in mind, trying 30ms and moving it up slightly until I found a game. For three days this method gave me the best connections I'd seen all year (on the same 7ms, naturally...), but then it went back to shit and a few weeks later I snapped my disc because I couldn't take the lag on 7ms anymore.

I don't understand how what is basically host can go from feeling like a two bar to god mode and back again. I would have had so much fun grinding this year if those good connections which appear every now and then were a constant, because it was actually fun in those rare lobbies. Sadly I got robbed 90% of the time and couldn't take any more.

I'm not expecting WW2 to function any better because Sledgehammer think it's cool to introduce lag based matchmaking and then claim it's the same as always. Not interested in suffering just so the average player can have more fun while I struggle on what is a great setup for FPS gaming.

Thats what happens when you use 10hz servers for a 60fps game lol.

I honestly have no idea what they were thinking.

Did they really think they'd compete with Battlefield, Overwatch and Titanfall???

I bet the player base on Battlefield 3 is higher than IW.

Netduma jack and netduma frasor you can take over my pc and see if you can sort it of you want too

From looking at your screenshots there's nothing to sort out, your settings look fine and so does your ping in the diagnostics.

That 1000ms graph is a graphical glitch, we've seen it before, it's got nothing to do with what you've said you're seeing in game.

That's why I asked for a video above.

And also why I asked about the Device Priority 'flower' that you've cut off (in case you've lowered the bandwidth to your console too far).

• 3 weeks later...