BO3 - no real change??

So maybe I've got my expectations too high on the game. I very rarely see lag. When I do, it's a major PS4 issue usually, nothing the netduma could fix.

But honestly, If I enable or disable my host filtering, I still ,9/10 times, have great games.  To me, a good game is anything 1.5kd or higher. I see posts on twitter though with 30-1, 40-1 type lobbies. Do these people just have normally really bad connection, and the netduma really fixes that for them? Maybe I have a good connection, so it doesn't make that much of a difference?? 

I can't say its not working for me, but I can't really say it is, know what I mean? 

Well if your connecting to host's in the GF that you set and are getting lower ping games,along with being able to prioritize the bandwidth on your network with congestion control.Then I'd say the duma is working as it should.

East coast Canada. Usually hook up with a Eastern US host.

I play with friends in easter Canada & NY area. Because they are typically party leaders, we connect to servers in your area.  There are some really TERRIBLE servers in that area.  They are hit or miss on games especially the New York / New Jersey servers.  

The Duma does its job... as long as I'm solo. I still can't figure out how to make it 'work' when I'm partied up with my friends. And I'm talking like abysmal game play. Wanna toss my controller at the wall type crap.

And I'm not a kid. Lol.

I finally said screw it and disabled the filter altogether and guess what, was right back up in the top 3 for the next hour I was on.

I don't know what it is. Wish I did. But I'm tired of it. Seems every damn day I spend more time trying to tweak this thing when I can just turn it off and have a much better experience these last few weeks.

I swore by the thing in AW. Blops 3, can't say the same at all.

Sorry for the rant. I think I'm gonna go make a new post asking for input from anyone who parties up.

-Q

At least you got your money worth in AW.I purchased this router in order to fix my call of duty lag lol but I'm not even using the router got tired of trying to find the so called perfect settings which in my opinion is all placebo effect I'm playing with less lag now using my main router...before someone blame my connection I got gigabit speed but with all the netduma settings I was only able to get 30 up 30 download sometimes I get 60 60 but nothing close to what I am paying for ! I hope they can fix it i still got faith in netduma I won't ask for refund because I'm not like that it's just sad buying something but knowing nothing change.

• Netduma Staff

At least you got your money worth in AW.I purchased this router in order to fix my call of duty lag lol but I'm not even using the router got tired of trying to find the so called perfect settings which in my opinion is all placebo effect I'm playing with less lag now using my main router...before someone blame my connection I got gigabit speed but with all the netduma settings I was only able to get 30 up 30 download sometimes I get 60 60 but nothing close to what I am paying for ! I hope they can fix it i still got faith in netduma I won't ask for refund because I'm not like that it's just sad buying something but knowing nothing change.

The router supports gigabit speeds now so if you were only getting 30Mbps then it will have been something wrong with your settings.

The Duma does its job... as long as I'm solo. I still can't figure out how to make it 'work' when I'm partied up with my friends. And I'm talking like abysmal game play. Wanna toss my controller at the wall type crap.

And I'm not a kid. Lol.

I finally said screw it and disabled the filter altogether and guess what, was right back up in the top 3 for the next hour I was on.

I don't know what it is. Wish I did. But I'm tired of it. Seems every damn day I spend more time trying to tweak this thing when I can just turn it off and have a much better experience these last few weeks.

Sorry for the rant. I think I'm gonna go make a new post asking for input from anyone who parties up.

-Q

Thats kinda where I'm at. AW you could totally tell. 

Just from my AW experience alone I am totally convinced this router works as expected.  I just haven't found the 'right' settings yet for Blops 3.  Not to pooh on anyone but as a scientist by day I truly do not believe this router is gimmick nor placebo effect... it's just a matter of dialing it in to what works for you, and often enough I think the process of getting there can easily make things 'worse' if not completely frustrating lol.  It took me 2 weeks to find what worked for me in AW... just haven't gotten there yet with this game.

• Administrators

And I'm not a kid. Lol.

-Q

What is your ping to the host when you're playing with friends?

What was the ping when Geo was disabled and playing with friends? 

Were you the party leader in either scenario?

Your speeds have nothing to do with gaming - it requires very little. It's all about the ping. What pings were you getting to the host on the duma?

If you're getting those speeds you need to upgrade to the latest version and follow the instructions as you can get much higher than that.

What is your ping to the host when you're playing with friends?

What was the ping when Geo was disabled and playing with friends? 

Were you the party leader in either scenario?

1) It varies depending on who's in the party.  Friends close by it's 30-50 ms (I'm solid 25-30 ms when solo).  If someone from the UK is in (I'm EST), some are just as low (amazing, wow lol) and others are easily like 150+ ms (eek!).  Then there are other friends also in the states whom ping <50 ms but I simply just can't play with them... as in, one of us is religiously being booted (yes, they are in my allow list so no worries there, etc etc), and in the event that the game does actually load up, I am experiencing that effect where it is quite evident that I am "like a second behind everyone"... I am truly trying to be objective here, I've posted elsewhere and have no question of the router's ability vs. my limitations lol and so forth... I'm trying to help and not intentionally trying to be overly dramatic :P (just noting for what it's worth)

2) I honestly can't report this; I was just happy to be able to hit my targets and I'm now kicking myself because in that entire hour, I never once thought 'gee quota, why not go run a ping and see how the numbers compare'... sorry, just being honest lol

3) If referring to when filter was on, yes, always party leader... After I turned the filter off, was both party leader and NOT party leader (~50/50)... as it didn't seem to matter much at least on my end.

I truly think it is something on my end that I'm inadvertently missing/skipping.  I say this because my device manager is all wacky, I still (as per a previous post) cannot see the other consoles on the map whenever they are online and playing (whether alone, on with me, etc.), and something, whatever it is, must be going on because there is a noticeable 'feel' between playing solo and playing with friends... no mater what (thus far) I've tried.

Hope this helps!  You guys are great and regardless I am determined to figure out what is going on here :P

-Q

So maybe I've got my expectations too high on the game. I very rarely see lag. When I do, it's a major PS4 issue usually, nothing the netduma could fix.

But honestly, If I enable or disable my host filtering, I still ,9/10 times, have great games.  To me, a good game is anything 1.5kd or higher. I see posts on twitter though with 30-1, 40-1 type lobbies. Do these people just have normally really bad connection, and the netduma really fixes that for them? Maybe I have a good connection, so it doesn't make that much of a difference?? 

I can't say its not working for me, but I can't really say it is, know what I mean? 

Here is something you should understand about people who post up game ending scoreboards. If they posting it most likely they shocked themselves with that score so they felt the need to share it. That means it's NOT the normal game for them.  So don't take it to heart that dude going 40-1 every game.  If they posting that stuff it means they an average player 1.25-1.75 kd player overall.

Never read too much into other peoples scores you see on youtube or twitter. You have to remember you didn't play against the same people. 

I play with friends in easter Canada & NY area. Because they are typically party leaders, we connect to servers in your area.  There are some really TERRIBLE servers in that area.  They are hit or miss on games especially the New York / New Jersey servers.  

I have to disagree about the NY server that appears to sit in northern NJ being bad.  I live in NYC and I connect to that NY Server 90% of my games. It plays so much better than the 10% of my other games that end up being p2p. 

And I'm not a kid. Lol.

-Q

I also have the same issues with parties. I created a thread about this last week that's still up, called BO3 Lag Compensation in Parties (or something like that). We are definitely not the only ones feeling this. I have not tried turning off the Geofilter so I can't report on the differences, but it's noticeable when partying up. Even though my ping is exactly the same as when I play solo, everything just seems to be a bit behind. It has to be something to do with the other people's connections in your party. That's really the only thing that's different.

I also have the same issues with parties. I created a thread about this last week that's still up, called BO3 Lag Compensation in Parties (or something like that). We are definitely not the only ones feeling this. I have not tried turning off the Geofilter so I can't report on the differences, but it's noticeable when partying up. Even though my ping is exactly the same as when I play solo, everything just seems to be a bit behind. It has to be something to do with the other people's connections in your party. That's really the only thing that's different.

Maybe we can cross notes and see what we've done/ not done and what the outcome was, if any.  I just can't seem to get my head wrapped around this.

And I'm not a kid. Lol.

-Q

Thats kinda where I'm at. AW you could totally tell. 

Just from my AW experience alone I am totally convinced this router works as expected.  I just haven't found the 'right' settings yet for Blops 3.  Not to pooh on anyone but as a scientist by day I truly do not believe this router is gimmick nor placebo effect... it's just a matter of dialing it in to what works for you, and often enough I think the process of getting there can easily make things 'worse' if not completely frustrating lol.  It took me 2 weeks to find what worked for me in AW... just haven't gotten there yet with this game.

I Agree with you all, 100%. In AW you could clearly see the difference when playing.. (After finding your correct settings.) I can tell you the last time I played that game and didnt get atleast 40 kills with like a 10 death (MAX).. In bo3 I still do fine by my standards, my average k/d is still over a 2 and each gamemode has different stats.. But I know it could be better and most of that is finding the best settings.

I was one bursting people NONE STOP in AW, but on BO3, 90% percent of the time I'm shooting twice or even three times to get the kill with the m8?  say whattttt lol  just keep hunting my friends and be patient

Archived