(New user) why can I only connect to Irish servers or U.S on Blops3? My location is U.K and my ping is 36 on the U.S servers and Irish??

Hi I've had my Duma for 3 days now and been on here constantly searching for best settings for blops3 on the Xbox on, my download 35 and upload is 7, I'm using preemptive 70/70, putting my location on my home which is West Midlands UK, ping assist 35 and radius around 320 miles, ping host ticked and strict mode ticked, I'm on the latest update and followed everything about re adding the console, cloud settings ticked and bleeding edge but all I can get into on the game is Irish servers and if change my ping any higher than 36 it will then connect straight over to the U.S 4000 miles away! To be honest after experimenting last night they both feel the same and the ping is the same as the Irish servers? I really don't understand, who wants to ping to the states when we've got servers over here, the closest one to me would be London but never had it show up, if anyone could help that would be great, like I said I'm new to this piece of kit so go easy lol, thanks.

Most likely if you are getting 35ms ping to the US then those servers are located in the wrong places... You can report their ID here

Try it with ping assist set to 0 and see if you connect to any servers in your country. There should be a group of servers in the UK

Thanks for your reply, When I set my ping to 0 all I get is the same Irish servers which aren't the best, also if don't use the geo filter it will 100% every time put me over to the states, I've blocked about 15 of the servers over there because it would prioritise those even over the closer the Irish servers, when reading other post I've read people are connecting to London or down on the south coast but I can't find any of those, I'm wondering if my settings are effecting anything? I'm also gong through my sky router as on sky you can't change routers but I've followed a tut on that and got open Nat on Xbox and the game and getting my speeds, I change supplier next week so I can hook the Duma straight up to my modem then which will be more ideal, even if I make my filter a higher range I can't get any other server pop up either, it's either the 180 to 220 miles away server or 3 to 4 thousand distance

A screen shot of your geo-filter page would be helpful.

Like I Am Mod Box said, where the server is located on the map means absolutely nothing. 

What matters is your ping to that server/host. 

If you are pinging a server that is 3000 miles away at 30ms then it is just located in the wrong place. 

If you don't want to play on the 'Irish' server then move the geo-filter so that it is not included and set your ping assist to a value so it won't connect you to it. 

I will post screenshots now, if I move the get filter out of range of the Irish servers then it won't find a game, the only way for me to get a game seems like, I've got to include the Irish servers or higher my ping a couple then it goes outside of the filter to what looks like the us, both are pinging at 36 but thousands of miles apart, they could be misplaced like you said but I haven't got a clue atm lol, if I put my location into the sea and With the smallest possible location and just go by ping then I can't find any servers until it's high enough about 35 to find a server and on the map it always shows different states in the us, I even partied up with a friend last night with geo filter disabled and everytime without fail we connected to different states in the us everytime, so even with the router or without the router it's hitting the same servers anyway, I surely must be doing something wrong to be finding the same games as non Duma users, all I want is to get Into the closest dedicated server to my location and stick to that

I think you have it set up like I did and as already stated the servers that come up in the US are not based there judging by the ping.  just make the geo filter smaller, over the UK set the ping to 0.  It does take a little longer to connect but when you do I connect with 8.7ms ping

I'll try that mate, does it show you on your map the main server your connecting to? It comes up as the larger red circle doesn't it, don't suppose you've got any screenshots of your setting by any chance like miscellaneous at all so I know I've got everything right, I just want to set it and leave it, I think I've spent 3 whole days messing with it lol

When I've got access I'll take a screen shot as I'm not at home at the moment.  From the pictures I would suggest you ping assist at 0 and you are definitely not connecting to US servers.  I Live in Reading but I have my home on the Duma in the middle of the English channel and get goo connections connecting to the south coast.  If I turn the geo filter off I get pings to the host of around 20ms so the 35.9 seems a bit high for me

That one host in the US is a P2P.

You can block it. Rate it so it falls in your Deny section and click the update button,

That other Dedi is just mis-located. 

I would put your home in the ocean with the smallest radius possible and put your PA to 10ms above what your average ping is according the Ping Diagnostics test. 

This is now with the ping at 0 and get filter slightly smaller, still getting that same host server which is saying 4K away, when I was connecting to the Irish servers then that red dot would be the biggest one and would trace back to there, this is still tracing back the same as before, I'll try it now with the geo filter disabled, but I'm pretty sure it will either connect me to the same one or around that area, am I misunderstanding the distance of the host server ? All I'm thinking is its that distance away so I'm going to have the disadvantage to someone who's in that area connecting to it where my ping shows 36, there's could be 10 and have that extra 20 milliseconds on me

post-5384-0-23357500-1449935835_thumb.png

Hi mate, there's no option to update it to block it, from what I found out if you've got a small e in the top right hand screen when in a lobby then your on a dedicated server and it's got a e in it everytime, when there isn't a small e then it's a p2p host, just did a search with geo filter disabled and got in to the same server

Hi mate, there's no option to update it to block it, from what I found out if you've got a small e in the top right hand screen when in a lobby then your on a dedicated server and it's got a e in it everytime, when there isn't a small e then it's a p2p host, just did a search with geo filter disabled and got in to the same server

You may have clicked on a player's circle which is what was showing in the first screenshot. 

You are correct that you can not rate a Dedi. 

This is now with the ping at 0 and get filter slightly smaller, still getting that same host server which is saying 4K away, when I was connecting to the Irish servers then that red dot would be the biggest one and would trace back to there, this is still tracing back the same as before, I'll try it now with the geo filter disabled, but I'm pretty sure it will either connect me to the same one or around that area, am I misunderstanding the distance of the host server ? All I'm thinking is its that distance away so I'm going to have the disadvantage to someone who's in that area connecting to it where my ping shows 36, there's could be 10 and have that extra 20 milliseconds on me

Did you wait two minutes before searching for a game after setting the PA to zero? 

You may want to restart the Netduma using the button on the Misc. Tab to see if that solves the issue.

If you still keep getting connected to that server, I would ask Crossy, Zennon, or Fraser to take a look at what is going on. 

The Irish server is not on today all I am getting is p2p because of this and no one full game as they all back out.

And the player host connections are bad juddery messes.

Bring back Ireland all is forgiven

When using speed test I'm getting 27/30 ping anywhere in the uk, did the ocean thing and wouldn't find anything till around 32 ping but then it's showes in the states everytime

Like I said, don't worry about where the host is located on the Map. 

It most likely is in the wrong spot. 

Try playing on that host and see how it goes. 

I would set your PA to 38-40 ms. 

40 ping straight into a lobby, host is miles away, surely I should be able to connect to something in the uk, has anyone else got any screenshots of hosts nearer to home (uk)? Because when I use it on battlefront I connect to the same server everytime using the Duma set how it should, what's up with this ops 3 and its servers? They must be from the pound shop, in my opinion you can't beat the connection on call of duty ghosts to this day even with a few thousand online that game plays perfect, people die how they should and every bullets connects!post-5384-0-23952100-1449939672_thumb.png

The trace feature is very inaccurate and I think Iain is going to take it out in the futre

If the pings to host are low and it shows to be far away it is misallocated.

Any you find could you post the host descriptors Here please.

• Administrators

Yes don't worry about the trace, just focus on the ping. 

They are mis located and you have ping assist on which is why you're connecting to them.

Move your home location to somewhere in Europe, have radius at ~650miles/1000km so it includes UK but not Ireland. PA 0, strict mode on.

Archived