Issues with lag in parties (BO3 - Xbox One)

Anyone find the lag increase when you join a party on BO3 on Xbox One? This game has played like a dream for me when I'm by myself but as soon as I join a party, it's instadeath, dying around corners, can't even get a shot off, etc...I've tried adjusting settings but have mainly kept them at the same as when I'm playing solo, which is 70% on the sliders and abotu 30 on flower. Could it be my parties connections causing issues? Anyone else have issues or other thoughts on how to solve?

P.S. No problem having guys join my party as they're all on the allowed list and we get into games really fast.

Thanks Team!

Still had this issue last night whether it was on P2P or dedicated. The game played perfectly when I was solo but as soon as a couple guys joined my party is was a lagfest. Any thoughts on what could cause this or any settings adjustments that could be made? I was showing a ping at 30 - 40ms and everyone in my party is in the State of Vermont (small state so distance with party isn't an issue). Thanks guys!

What I find is that when I am playing solo I get noobier lobby's as soon as I party up its great players ,no lag just good players.

We definitely found better players in the party lobbies but there's a huge, noticeable difference in the lag.

When I play with party's in lobbies the screen does not judder and neither do the enemy's so no viable lag and my gun is still killing in the correct amount of bullets in the STK ranges, just a whole different class of great players which can be fun or hard work what ever way you want to look at it.

SBMM is alive in party lobby's for me anyhow.

Yeah on the Xbox One I had rubberbanding or jittery screen in a party and also playing solo. Has to be Xbox One and BO3.

Yes I used to get this in the past but recently it has stopped here for me in the UK.

What are you pinging to the host?

I'm pinging between 30ms - 40ms which is normal for me. It just plays different when I'm in a party. It really doesn't make much sense to me why it does.

I'm pinging between 30ms - 40ms which is normal for me. It just plays different when I'm in a party. It really doesn't make much sense to me why it does.

Alex, I have the same issue while in parties.  It's not just BO3, because I don't have that game yet.  It has to be something to do with syncing all members of the party to the host.  There's a guy who plays in my titanfall group that uses his cell phone as his connection to the internet. Sometimes on peer ping he's above 300ms  He usually has awesome games, while the rest of the party suffers lag city.  High speed internet just isn't an option for him, so the group just deals with it and tries to have fun 

Alex, I have the same issue while in parties.  It's not just BO3, because I don't have that game yet.  It has to be something to do with syncing all members of the party to the host.  There's a guy who plays in my titanfall group that uses his cell phone as his connection to the internet. Sometimes on peer ping he's above 300ms  He usually has awesome games, while the rest of the party suffers lag city.  High speed internet just isn't an option for him, so the group just deals with it and tries to have fun 

Thanks! I was waiting for someone to tell me they were having the same issue! hahaha. It seems like it's based on the other people in the party's connection.

Duma Team - Is there anything we can do on our end to help with this? 

Thanks! I was waiting for someone to tell me they were having the same issue! hahaha. It seems like it's based on the other people in the party's connection.

Duma Team - Is there anything we can do on our end to help with this? 

The duma can only control which dedi's or Peers you connect to with the GF settings but it can't control who else is connected to that same host.

Definitely worse when in a party.

Last night was doing pretty well, plenty of positive games 1.5-3 KD, then a mate joined and it's often a struggle to stay positive, with that 20 bullets to kill feeling sometimes.

Had my Duma almost 2 months and changed a few settings but not sure what's best.

Definitely worse when in a party.

Last night was doing pretty well, plenty of positive games 1.5-3 KD, then a mate joined and it's often a struggle to stay positive, with that 20 bullets to kill feeling sometimes.

Had my Duma almost 2 months and changed a few settings but not sure what's best.

same issues here!

Is there a ping increase or does it just feel worse?

It just feels worse. Something tells me it must be one (or more) of the players in the party that is causing this. 

Last night we had a party of 3 and I moved my congestion settings down to 20/20 and gave my xbox 75% and the experience was a lot better. I usually have them set at 70/70 with 25% - 35% when I play solo. I know it's nothing to do with the router. It has everything to do with the game and their netcode. I was just hoping others may have been experiencing the same issue as me  :)

Yeah on the Xbox One I had rubberbanding or jittery screen in a party and also playing solo. Has to be Xbox One and BO3.

I get the rubberbanding/lag issues you're talking about when in a XB1 party as well.  I'm not playing BO3 yet either.  Just like everyone else...while solo I get much more fluid games.

Is there a ping increase or does it just feel worse?

Ping graph stays the same generally, you can just tell it's harder to kill people.

Usually use:

70/70 split

Equal (share access on flower)

Strict

800 geo (placed in sea between UK and Norway)

PA 30

Misc:

DPP off

Snooping off

Link local IPv6 off

Wifi workaround off

Stealth and Turbos all off

I have ADSL 4.5 mb down 1mb up.

Archived