I want to make sure I'm doing this right. Help?

Hi all,

I recently upgraded to 1.3.5 and it's working awesome I think.  I have had a partying up issue on Xbox Live and I just want to make sure that it's not my fault and is instead my friend's fault  :)

Currently I have my house located out in the ocean.  I actually live in the middle of California in the US, specifically Sacramento.  For whatever reason, it always shows me connected to some server located in Oklahoma, even when I'm not in a lobby.

Last night when my friend was trying to connect to my lobby, he kept getting the error "lobby not joinable".  Every time he tried it showed a warning sign connection appearing from a bit north west of the server in Oklahoma.  This was strange to me because he only lives about 20 minutes north of me in California.

So if possible, could anyone assure me that I am doing this correctly or perhaps explain the odd behavior that I don't understand?

post-4540-0-34460200-1448302919_thumb.png

I know to connect to my buddy who lives in Sac. (I'm on the east coast) it shows him in seattle, tho when we played other games before it always showed him right where he lives. He's on my approved list so he should be able to join any game even if not in my geo, but not for BO3. It weird.

I posted my settings that work for BO3 in this forum

Maybe they help?

Sounds great, how can I go about adding him to my allow list?  Do I just keep trying to join him until it works, then rate his quality as 100%?  Is there a place where I can just type in his IP address to allow?

easiest way is to turn geo filter off, start chat party, when he joins chat he'll show up on your map, click his red dot and slide him up to 90% or so and update..then you can turn the geo filter back on

Hi all,

I recently upgraded to 1.3.5 and it's working awesome I think.  I have had a partying up issue on Xbox Live and I just want to make sure that it's not my fault and is instead my friend's fault  :)

Currently I have my house located out in the ocean.  I actually live in the middle of California in the US, specifically Sacramento.  For whatever reason, it always shows me connected to some server located in Oklahoma, even when I'm not in a lobby.

Last night when my friend was trying to connect to my lobby, he kept getting the error "lobby not joinable".  Every time he tried it showed a warning sign connection appearing from a bit north west of the server in Oklahoma.  This was strange to me because he only lives about 20 minutes north of me in California.

So if possible, could anyone assure me that I am doing this correctly or perhaps explain the odd behavior that I don't understand?

Maybe this happens if that is your friends ISP hub is.I game with JD all the time and he moves his home location to Illinois and on my GF it shows his home location in the same exact place as your friends.Which is on the border of Oklahoma and Nebraska.

And I should have said we're on PS4

Hi all,

That main server in the middle of the U.S. is Microsoft and there are a lot of them there.

I had to block every one I connected to there and now that I blocked all of them I never connect to other servers.

I only connect to the San Diego server.

Archived