FYI. UK. Virgin is having issues.

Just FYI for new Netduma customers in UK on Virgin. Virgin seem to be having issues maintaining ping and bandwidth during peak hours for the last few days. This appears to be country wide. Their website keeps putting fix date forwards current showing 23Rd Nov.

Just FYI for new Netduma customers in UK on Virgin. Virgin seem to be having issues maintaining ping and bandwidth during peak hours for the last few days. This appears to be country wide. Their website keeps putting fix date forwards current showing 23Rd Nov.

The last few days ? :lol:

I've had it for the last 3-4 yrs   :o         (search deep in VM's forums)...

From roughly 4pm - just after midnight I get the speeds you see below.

I've had discounts, double my speed for free (not free upgrade)... recently had a letter saying maintenance on Nov 3rd, I really thought they were fixing the problem but nothing has changed.

The only thing you can do if you're still in contract is ask for your 'free' speed upgrade even if its says yours is due 'Jan2016 - March2016'.

I got put on a new contract when I got my discount/double speed & I've been with them almost 12 yrs.

thinkbroadband.com have a great ping quality tool that continuously pings your IP and shows historical graphs of your latency and packet loss. Very useful for knowing if you have a general broadband issue.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/monitors.html

Here is mine from last 24 hours, some packet loss throughout the day then complete outage from 11.30pm until about 7.30am, then no packet loss so far today.

1448194673-U4906.png

I do not think an ISP could guarantee low ping's all the time, but some do have them by chance, if you are in an under utilised area for said ISP.

I could say my talk talk line has low pings all the time which it does, but in your area it might be congested with an over sold product, its always a gamble.

thinkbroadband.com have a great ping quality tool that continuously pings your IP and shows historical graphs of your latency and packet loss. Very useful for knowing if you have a general broadband issue.

Ironic, I've used the same site to monitor for roughly 12 months now...

Like Zennon says, if you happen to be in an area where VM are selling to too many customers than their network can handle, you are stuffed peak times. I just happen to be in one of those areas, its problematic to say the least.

Before I got my Netduma, playing ANY game was a joke, especially FPS's where it matters most. Imagine what I went through before I purchased...

I swear, I used to rage that bad I would go giddy. Thats not a good thing, its a serious issue.

Here's a pic of my connection quality after a few years of promise... today till 9pm:

1448230864-U1774.jpg

Mine internet has totally gone now. No Internet at all. Very Strange feeling. Like when you have a power out and realise how unprepared you are. And my phone just told me I've reached my dl limit.! ...looks like it's gonna have to be bot matches until sorted......

Yeah I did I.

I have been trying to get my friend to move off virgin for years "but i have a good deal on BB and Tv" in the next breath "this game sucks I can't kill anyone"

:angry:

4863096608.png

There is a fault disruption

You might find that your Virgin Broadband, Virgin TV or TiVo® services are intermittent,

with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then.

Our engineer is working to fix the problem.

Reference no: F004039716

Due to be fixed by

26   November 10:00

Yeah I did I.

I have been trying to get my friend to move off virgin for years "but i have a good deal on BB and Tv" in the next breath "this game sucks I can't kill anyone"

Wow you are right .    Man I have been looking into it .......virgin are crap for gaming.  

It looks like aquiss with their prioritization of gaming and voip traffic might be the way to go.

I give virgin another week to sort it then I am off.

anyone use aquiss ISP?  experience OK ?

or any other recommendations for gaming ISP?  

Archived