R1 Making it Worse?

I've been an R1 owner since February. When I first got it I was impressed by the features and I felt it was actually helping me get better connections. It wasn't long before it felt like everything was back to the old ways and I tried tinkering with the R1 to see if I can find some optimal settings but nothing ever really truly worked so I gave up on it.

I stopped using the router and basically stopped playing CoD throughout AW unless Clan Wars were on. Once Black Ops 3 started up I decided to give the R1 another chance so I started using it and Ive been tinkering with the settings to see if I can find something optimal and nothing works. There are odd days when I get good connections but that's usually when I'm not even using the R1. When I try using the R1 shit hits the fan. It actually makes the game worse.

First off my Geofilter doesn't work. I get hosts outside my circle each and every game I play. Strict mode is on. Ping Assist (or whatever its called) is off. The filter is virtually useless to me now although I hear there is a firmware fix coming for that so my fingers are crossed.

My girlfriend plays Destiny and watches Netflix in the other room sometimes and I use the congestion control to make sure I have sufficient bandwidth but I still can't get any decent games. I try throttling my bandwidth and giving me a bad connection on purpose to see if that helps but again to no avail. For the record I have issues whether my gf is playing or not.

I'm at the point where I want to throw the thing out the window. I spent $200+ on it thinking I was going to start enjoying CoD.

I am sick and tired of being killed by one bullet regardless of the gun or the person who's shooting it.

I am sick and tired of firing countless bullets into enemies only to have them drop me in an instant.

I cant even compete. I am a good CoD player. A true OG. I didn't jump on the bandwagon during CoD 4 or MW2 or anything. I've been with it from the beginning. Plus countless other shooter games. 25+ years of gaming under my belt. There is ZERO reason why I should be going 0-11 in TDM but guess what, I just did. I shot plenty of enemies. In the face. In the back. I die instantly as soon as they look at me. I have zero chance. The R1 is a failure and I know I'm not the only one who has come to realize this.

This router was supposed to help stop me from raging and I literally heard my controller crack from squeezing it so hard out of anger.

I have come to firm belief that this entire piece of equipment is based on the placebo effect. Nothing more, nothing less.

Sorry if this posts sounds hasty.. I'm in a pretty bitter mood right now.

the game is the problem not the router but the game, CoD has probably the worst netcode of any half-modern shooter, even most indie games with multiplayer support have a better netcode

its like purchasing a sportscar and then benchmark it on a racing track filled with potholes

play different games and youll quickly realise how good the R1 is

Trust me when I say this, the Netdum R1 is a real gaming router.

Have you thought for a second that there might be more people playing with the router now?

They have the ability like you to zero in on the best lobby they can find with it and thats when it shows how good you really are.

Those people killing you so fast are like me, I have no real problem finding good games and even with pings up to 120ms I go positive.

I know there are issues with getting hosts out of the filter even with PA set to 0.

You also have to know that Treyarchs servers are overloaded to the max as they set a record in sales more than any other COD.

I would recommend waiting for the R1 updates and chill out while gaming, know that there are server issues.

Set your geo location as small as possible, like 400 miles or less if you can.

Try PA with 0-30ms and throttle just your download to 10% or less, keep your upload to 100%.

Give your console 90% priority. You can also try setting you MTU to 1364.

Hope this helps and remember the server issues, it is not the router because it really is the best true gaming router.

Try PA with 0-30ms and throttle just your download to 10% or less, keep your upload to 100%.

I did this too. Small geo/PA set to 25ms/CC set to atleast 70-70 /Prioritize my console with atleast 75 sometimes more.  With those settings I am able to find hosts that are 20 to 30 ms every game.  Didn't do the mtu change though.  I have come to the conclusion that is all you can do.  Then atleast I know if bs happens well then my ping is on point.    

I did this too. Small geo/PA set to 25ms/CC set to atleast 70-70 /Prioritize my console with atleast 75 sometimes more.  With those settings I am able to find hosts that are 20 to 30 ms every game.  Didn't do the mtu change though.  I have come to the conclusion that is all you can do.  Then atleast I know if bs happens well then my ping is on point.    

Buck, if the ingame Bandwidth reading is the upload value,

post-436-0-30781900-1447687789_thumb.png

why throttle download to 10% and keep upload to 100%

Ok if you dont want to be host in COD then you would throttle your download, I have mine set to 5% and my upload at 100%.

The server never makes me host and I always get full bars in all lobbies, though there are those times where pings are going crazy and the match lags.

Every action you do while playing is upload, when you are host you are downloading every action of every player.

You can play BO3 with no less than 2mbps download.

When you throttle your download, the servers give you lag compensation.

Trust me when I say this, the Netdum R1 is a real gaming router.

Have you thought for a second that there might be more people playing with the router now?

They have the ability like you to zero in on the best lobby they can find with it and thats when it shows how good you really are.

Those people killing you so fast are like me, I have no real problem finding good games and even with pings up to 120ms I go positive.

I know there are issues with getting hosts out of the filter even with PA set to 0.

You also have to know that Treyarchs servers are overloaded to the max as they set a record in sales more than any other COD.

I would recommend waiting for the R1 updates and chill out while gaming, know that there are server issues.

Hope this helps and remember the server issues, it is not the router because it really is the best true gaming router.

I will try the suggestions you listed but believe me when I say this has nothing to do with other players being better than me or other people possibly having the same router. When I get bested in a gunfight I can see it. Its no big deal. I can tell when players are actually more skilled and I accept that. Its the 90% of deaths where I physically out played my opponent with speed, accuracy, and maneuvering yet I'm the one who ends up dead, that ticks me off.

Half the time I watch the killcam and the enemies crosshairs aren't even on me yet I'm dying. There is some weird laggy crap going on and I am constantly on the receiving end of it. I thought this router was supposed to help me be on the other side of that bullshit for once.

But thanks for the suggestions, I will try them tonight.

Archived