wireless headset probs

toby jugs

• Netduma Staff

The only thing that I could think of that could possibly be the problem is that the WiFi on the R1 is interfering, although I think that this is very unlikely.

What console are you on? I guess PS4 or PS3?

You said that it is sony headset as well which is Bluetooth isn't it? If it is I don't think it is the WiFi of the R1? Is it a chat issue or is it game sound?

sound keeps dropping in and out , i have sony official wireless stereo headset 2.0 , 7.1 , i'd like to know if this is in any way related to the r1 because it never happened before i bought it.

and that is why wired is the way to go now!  The 2.4ghz and the 5ghz frequency is just too COMMON now!  Interference was bound to happen!  I was in the same boat as you....I know how you feel!

The only thing that I could think of that could possibly be the problem is that the WiFi on the R1 is interfering, although I think that this is very unlikely.

What console are you on? I guess PS4 or PS3?

You said that it is sony headset as well which is Bluetooth isn't it? If it is I don't think it is the WiFi of the R1? Is it a chat issue or is it game sound?

yeah it's got a blue tooth dongle in one of the usb's, it drops connection all over the place now in ps4 chat and game sound, it's going back to game asap for a wired one.

just done a bit of googling and seems that is is wifi and not bluetooth, nothing on the box suggests bluetooth either.

i'm wondering if other wifi devices are messing it up because i must have nearly 10

• Netduma Staff

just done a bit of googling and seems that is is wifi and not bluetooth, nothing on the box suggests bluetooth either.

i'm wondering if other wifi devices are messing it up because i must have nearly 10

It won't be using WiFi. I just checked though, and they both run on the 2.4GHz frequency, which might be why the headset is intermittently cutting out, because of interference.

You could change the band that the R1 transmits the WiFi on and this might stop the interference. To do this: Settings---->WiFi---->Click the drop down list called 'Band'. Change it to 11 or something and see if it helps at all.

o.k problem solved 

changed channels as suggested and killed 2 birds with one stone, headset works fine now and sound bar on tv that used to intermittently play up is good too.

stress-o-meter needle has returned to normal.

oh god i love helpful people.

@ toby jugs...Glad everyone's suggestions helped you out.There are some many incredibly smart people on this site always willing to help others out.

Great news, I'm a recent convert to wireless gaming headsets (I know they are poorer from audiophile POV but I can live with the difference) and would struggle to go back to wires.

• 10 months later...

So I have been having problems with my mic cutting out for some people in my party chat on PS4.  I have tried 3 different headsets and some players can hear me but others cant and this started when I bought my R1.  My NAT is always NAT2 and open in game.  I tried forwarding ports and shutting off WIFI.  My sons PS4 is not having this problem.

Please help I am running out of options.

Edit;  My audio works perfect and I can hear everyone perfectly.

• Netduma Staff

So I have been having problems with my mic cutting out for some people in my party chat on PS4.  I have tried 3 different headsets and some players can hear me but others cant and this started when I bought my R1.  My NAT is always NAT2 and open in game.  I tried forwarding ports and shutting off WIFI.  My sons PS4 is not having this problem.

Please help I am running out of options.

Edit;  My audio works perfect and I can hear everyone perfectly.

I see you've made your own thread about this. As this thread is an old one I'll close it - there are replies in the one you made :) Merry Christmas!

Archived