Aw game search froze PS4

Good morning all. This morning I was going to game a bit on my PS4 in AW and the search found 49 games. However, it froze at 49% during the search. I was downloading the new 1.02 update for BO3.

I backed out to the main menu and went back in again and the same thing. I closed AW and restarted the PS4 after the BO3 update had finished downloading.

Not sure why it happened but AW will be history come Friday! Good riddance to you!

I finally got into a game but they must be updating the Servers.

Well it was more like 3 games actually. 1 FFA and 2 TDM. In the last TDM went 30-7 but it was really laggy on a 45ms ping host in the Bayou of Louisiana. Must have been playing against Swamp Thing on his Walmart connection!

I reached out to PSN on Twitter and they only suggested I delete or clear my cache in Settings. I am sure this will pass.

So I went into settings and removed the manual DNS servers of 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. That worked and I am able to get online too. Strange. Can't wait for BO3.

So I went into settings and removed the manual DNS servers of 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. That worked and I am able to get online too. Strange. Can't wait for BO3.

Switching them can work too.  Sometimes one or the other google dns server can get overloaded. Just fyi.

Was thinking of doing the same. Glad that you verified that by removing the DNS servers that it worked

Was thinking of doing the same. Glad that you verified that by removing the DNS servers that it worked

It's still not connecting to any game. It worked briefly in KC but in TDM the search freezes. I can still back out.

Archived