Yo! Xbox Elite Controller is the Shiznit

major masingil

I can't speak for it's longevity, but the controller feels solid and awesome.  The back paddles are taking a bit to get used to. They're positioned in the places where my fingers normally grip the controller.  However with that said, once you're used to them they're easy to reach for.  I think the main challenge for me is figuring out a way to stop the random finger muscle twitches induced by overreacting. There's an easy app on the XB store to use to map the buttons as you like, you can change the sensitivity of the thumbsticks to react to the way you play, however they don't have an adjustment that makes life better for a gamer with zero thumbs like myself.  It seems like the sticks are more responsive than the standard controller, but that could be because they're brand new

The trigger adjustment is either on or off.  When on, the triggers travel about half of their normal arc.  After a few test games to find out what the best config, you're sure to never want another scuff

Interesting, it's good that the paddles sit right where your fingers normally rest as that was the goal for them. I play using the "claw" style of grip but I'm wondering how that would feel on the fingers still on the bottom of the controller. Mind testing it out for me? :lol:

Cool choice buying one either way, looks really cool.

Interesting, it's good that the paddles sit right where your fingers normally rest as that was the goal for them. I play using the "claw" style of grip but I'm wondering how that would feel on the fingers still on the bottom of the controller. Mind testing it out for me? :lol:

Cool choice buying one either way, looks really cool.

I can't comprehend how you guys play claw!  I'm definitely not a microsoft fanboy, but it seems like they hit this one out of the park.  It has that quality feel and heft to it that makes you think it is built to last.

Yeah I was wondering how the paddles would be positioned there I would not mind having a go with one first to test this out.

It took me about  6-7 matches to get used to the paddles, and there are definitely still moments of brainfreeze associated there.  I was playing in a party and didn't want to bring down the group with my palsy, so I removed all the paddles except the one I had mapped to Jump.  This is another is a great feature of the controller, the paddles come out very easily, yet there doesn't seem like there would be a way for them to just fall out on their own.

The customization is extremely nice with it.  Was able to make my halo button load out almost identical to my CoD load out.  It gets confusing at times though for instance when the game tells you to hit RB - you might actually have RB mapped to a different button and the paddle is your new RB, for that game.

I'm personally loving the new trigger stop set up.  Not only can you use the trigger stops but can customize the sensitivity of the button.  Have noticed a big difference going from my scuf to the Elite in AW. 

I'm curious as to how long it will be before sony puts out a controller.

I'm glad for the XBOX guys who get to check out the new controller and hope there as good as advertised

I'm curious as to how long it will be before sony puts out a controller.

I'm glad for the XBOX guys who get to check out the new controller and hope there as good as advertised

So do I or Ill be having a few choice words with these lot ;)

I feel like sony should, only due to the fact that I'm not big on certain feelings I get while holding the controller. The PS4 controller is leagues ahead of the PS3 one at least (that one was rough, designed for racing games very obviously [dead zone in the thumb sticks for more precision on turns]). Even though I don't have a PS4 (yet) I'm sure there are plenty of picky people out there like me that wants things their way when it comes to controllers.

So do I or Ill be having a few choice words with these lot ;)

Rage quit throwing, controller death grips, and dog eating your controller are not covered under my review!  Neither is any damage inflicted on any TV screen or monitor.  The thing has some mass to it that is sure to react harshly to contact with tv screens.

I'm using the top ones on each side.  If I weren't such a spaz when I play I'd be able to use all 4. If I have all 4 attached there are too many random unintended lower left and right paddle uses.  My lower 2 fingers are needed to solidify my grip on the controller and the lower paddles get in the way of that.  

I mapped the top left paddle to jump and the top right to switch weapons,  but I may change the top right to something else...still trying to figure out the best use of that one...maybe reload

I had the 4 paddle scuff (before it broke) and I love the fact I did not have to take my thumbs off the sticks made me much more accurate and in the flow.

I am hoping to use all 4, I don't have massive hands so hopeI can play this way.

You'll 

I had the 4 paddle scuff (before it broke) and I love the fact I did not have to take my thumbs off the sticks made me much more accurate and in the flow.

I am hoping to use all 4, I don't have massive hands so hopeI can play this way.

You'll definitely be able to reach all 4 with no problem.  I have a 4 paddle scuff and I have to reach a little to get to the middle 2 paddles.  The XB paddles are literally right at your fingertips.  If you're semi coordinated and not a spaz like me you'll be happy

You'll 

You'll definitely be able to reach all 4 with no problem.  I have a 4 paddle scuff and I have to reach a little to get to the middle 2 paddles.  The XB paddles are literally right at your fingertips.  If you're semi coordinated and not a spaz like me you'll be happy

huh  I double posted that one.  I didn't see my first response when I looked at the thread.  anyways,  this will be my 101 post on the forum.  I can honestly say I never thought I would have posted 100 comments about anything having to do with routers

Archived