Good british tv shows i dont know about?

procreate

So looking for some more shows from across the pond. We loved Misfits, now we just started Skins. Fresh Meat was fairly funny. InBetweeners. There were a few others I can't remember the name to. Any recommendations from fellow members from UK for more dirty, edgy and liberal tv shows than US is allowed to put out?

• Administrators

You can't get much edgier than Brass Eye. So politically incorrect it eventually got cancelled. Very funny though.

You need to watch the Office (UK version) too. Best UK comedy of my lifetime.

As others have said, Peep Show is great too.

We got maybe 15 minutes into peep show before getting bored, then found skins so currently binging on that one. Maybe need to give peep show another go when in a different mood.

Is Utopia any good? Shameless? This is England? Spaced? The Fades?

Not necessarily looking for comedy, some of the shows we like don't fall into a category we have in US (sitcom/drama/crime/etc) we like the no excuses shows with no after school life lessons attached to them like US tends to do. That and general foul language that's not allowed in US.

If you want something totally of the wall and not mainstream try The League of Gentlemen it's the same 4 guys that play a variety of oddball characters, but might not travel, the humour I mean But I thinks it's hilarious :)

I loved spaced :) 

If you like older stuff - The young ones, only fools and horse, Faulty Towers,

Newer stuff - IT Crowd, Black Books, Spaced, Monty Python, The Thick of it (Political) 

You can't beat a bit of Garth Marenghi's Darkplace!

I second the shouts on Red Dwarf, League of Gentlemen, IT Crowd, Peep Show and Spaced!

If you love League of Gentlemen, then you'll also like Psycoville.

Archived