This surprised me

shadow rckts

The walls are thick in my building on campus, and I was therefore having issues connecting to my WiFi in a room next door or across the hall (I have this issue with their standard WiFi as well), so I was very surprised when my phone notified me it had connected to my NetDuma all the way over here, even though I feel it's because it is close to the window and the cement rain cover above the window probably assists in directing the signal:

whoathatsfar.png
whoathatsfar2.png 

Yebs that makes perfect sens as the 2.4 Ghz signals have a lot better in terms of Wall penetrations etc. but they are a lot more sensitive to interruption and not able for high bandwidth.

Now The 5 GHz its capable of huge bandwidth with The Ac and more interruption proof but the wall penetration suffers a lot.

Dude your router is in the front window and your across the street with nothing else in view of sight. I could bust out my 10 year old router and do the same thing. As stated here its 2.4ghz!

The radio wave length in the 5GHz band is half of the wave length in the 2.4GHz band. And as a consequence, a radio module using the 5GHz band will have a narrower range than a radio operating on the 2.4GHz band using the same output power.

The radio wave length in the 5GHz band is half of the wave length in the 2.4GHz band. And as a consequence, a radio module using the 5GHz band will have a narrower range than a radio operating on the 2.4GHz band using the same output power.

why are you quoting me 5ghz? the DUMA can ONLY use the 2.4GHZ I am not impressed or impressed with your misinformation that is going off topic. Again we are talking about 2.4 not 5ghz omg hahaha for real

so I was very surprised when my phone notified me it had connected to my NetDuma all the way over here

Again 2.4 not 5ghz?

what are you reading lukasz? Crossy why are you liking his post? His information is off TOPIC.

Yes the whole point of this post abut range of the 2.4 over the range of 5 and its proven that the range it self is better but have a lot more channels then 5 and many other differences thats just a pure fact buddy. Just saying 

Yes the whole point of this post abut range of the 2.4 over the range of 5 and its proven that the range it self is better but have a lot more channels then 5 and many other differences thats just a pure fact buddy. Just saying 

It was? when did anyone talk about 5ghz tho other then you? Again not impressed with the signal my 10 year old router can do it also. Now if you want to talk 5GHZ sure everything you said is correct.

You quoted me over 5ghz when I also stated 2.4.

Sorry buddy I thought you are saying that to my post sort of. Forgive me as i not always understand all in english. So my apologies didn't ment any harm. Now your router 10 years old will probably have 2.4 and its all up to the antennas amplified signal the power input to the transmission so yes its possible you 10 old router can have a bigger range,

@ lukasz don't apologize to TF,he's just doing what he does best.Which is trying to pick people apart and show everyone how "smart" he is,but what he's really doing is showing everyone he enjoys crying like a little girl.

I didn't get the update,boo hoo,Parasite got the update and he's bragging about it boo hoo.

Seriously dude are you like 9 years old or what.Either grow up or move on.All you do is run down the duma and it's staff,so do everyone a favor and imagine a place far away where your opinion is valued and go there.

You do realize english is not lukasz's first language.So you being a dick to him is way over the line,but does show what a complete douche you really are.

My point was simply that the router the university uses (1 on each floor) doesn't even reach out there (and also hardly in my room, though everyone else's room seems fine) and I was pleasantly surprised to know that I could stand outside and still not use data. Also, yes, it was useable lol I can go get the speed if you like ;)

EDIT: I'm going outside to test the down/up, and it's definitely not because there's a lot of girls standing in a circle at right about that spot looking around like they're really lost..

Sorry buddy I thought you are saying that to my post sort of. Forgive me as i not always understand all in english. So my apologies didn't ment any harm. Now your router 10 years old will probably have 2.4 and its all up to the antennas amplified signal the power output to the transmission so yes its possible you 10 old router can have a bigger range,

Its not you, I am just DICK. Your good in my book :) But yes that is some nice wifi signal

FYI your English is pretty good.

Yebs speaking of wifi. One day i will play with my netduma. I wonder what sort of antenas are ached to it and dose the joints on th PCB BOARD allow you to solders on lets say SMA connector s or atlest a tail that the go in to SMA AND then add like 5 dbi antennas

why are you quoting me 5ghz? the DUMA can ONLY use the 2.4GHZ I am not impressed or impressed with your misinformation that is going off topic. Again we are talking about 2.4 not 5ghz omg hahaha for real

Again 2.4 not 5ghz?

what are you reading lukasz? Crossy why are you liking his post? His information is off TOPIC.

This is not off topic he is describing why sometimes 2.4ghz is better than 5ghz. And in shadow rckts this is true.

This is a truth that you always ask for.

Archived