Can't get sliders to go below 10%

Hammer37167

I see a lot of people moving their congestion control sliders to 1% but mine always gives the message that you can't set that low. Is their some kind of override feature I'm missing? I've tried multiple times consecutively and always get the same message, then it puts slider back above 10%. I'd appreciate any assistance. Thanks

I would not recommend it but Firefox alows you to go to 1% but there is no need to throttle (placebo mode on)

I would side with Zennon on this one.  I have played with just about every setting from 100% down into the single digits and other than a "rare, one of" gameplay here are there, I didn't find a setting that offered God mode like game plays.

I assume you must be the only one on your connection or have it configured in such a way as to not effect the rest of the household while gaming at 1%?

I'm using Google chrome. I'm the only person in the house. What I've set up was my nighthawk being the main router with the duma behind it and my xbone, ps4, 360, and a spare laptop hooked to the duma. That way I could choke down the up/down speeds without affecting the rest of the devices in my house. I Saw where some were going to 1% at start to get better games and was going to try it. Normally, I have been setting the sliders at around 13% to get a 8 & 1.5 (up/down) during gaming.

I've tried setting the sliders all the way down to 10 percent and all the way up to 100 and everywhere in between.And to be honest everyone's milage will vary,no 2 settings are gonna work the same for everyone.

In my experience setting them at 10 percent,worked great for a couple of games then different people in the lobby and ran like shit.Same thing with 100 percent ran like a champ fro a few games and thought I was on to something and then,boom different people in the lobby and ran like shit.AW is all over the place and not stable in the least.

What I found work the best is start at 70/70 and adjust in small increments until you find a sweet spot for your connection.But like Z said just make sure you leave enough headroom so your gaming packets don't get put at the end of the line.

Archived