Hard to get a game...

DARK BAWGS

Over the past four hours I have only been able to get into 3 games.  I am not seeing any good servers and I have tried "strict" and not changed my settings but no luck.  The last game had a ping of "200" even though I have my filter set at 40ms and I was on strict.

Any suggestions - this is with AW.

DB

What game are you playing? Advanced Warfare? Just ditch it and play an older COD. The fact that you can't find a lobby easily speaks volumes of how bad the game is and how almost no one wants to play this absolute mess of a game.

Some of the guys have touched on it Bawgs.  AW isn't the most popular game in the CoD franchise (I still maintain it's better than Ghosts) and I believe most, if not all, school age kids are back in the classroom WHERE THEY BELONG.  ;)

I don't know that you can find a "local" game on the reg for a couple of hours until the Eastern States start having some kids returning home and booting up.  Maybe try enlarging your Geo-Filter using the "snap" feature?  That will upsize one value based on the cloud you indicated above I believe, and might help.

Let us know how you get on later in the day today (Thursday) as I know there are league games and shit still going, so there will be a population on line later today, I am sure.

Some of the guys have touched on it Bawgs.  AW isn't the most popular game in the CoD franchise (I still maintain it's better than Ghosts) and I believe most, if not all, school age kids are back in the classroom WHERE THEY BELONG.  ;)

I don't know that you can find a "local" game on the reg for a couple of hours until the Eastern States start having some kids returning home and booting up.  Maybe try enlarging your Geo-Filter using the "snap" feature?  That will upsize one value based on the cloud you indicated above I believe, and might help.

Let us know how you get on later in the day today (Thursday) as I know there are league games and shit still going, so there will be a population on line later today, I am sure.

The only game I get is 4000 miles away and over 120 ms ping, terrible lag... I will  try other games or may just go to Forza!

Thanks everyone for your help and advise as always.

DB

I live in So Cal and place my home location in Nebraska and hit the snap button twice till it gets up to 812+ miles. It takes a minute or two in AW but I will untick strict mode and back out if nothing comes up and then search again and can find a game.

Yeah mate, don't think it's a duma problem too as my friend who doesn't have a duma couldn't find a single game on any mode, if you delete dlc ( if you have it) that will help you find games quicker, you can always re-download them at any point. Let us know how you get on bud

I live in San Diego and place my home out in the ocean with as small a radius as possible with strict off and ping assist normally starting at about 50.   If I don't find games, then I gradually increase my ping until I find them.  Last night I had to increase my ping assist to about 70 in order to get games and I was connecting to servers is the mid to eastern US for games.

As stated by others above, the user count on AW have gone down significantly.  I almost play COD exclusively with several friends that are almost always online. Most are now playing other games - Destiny, COD Ghosts/BO2, Rocket League, FIFA, GTA, etc.  

Up until BO3 beta, we always ran full parties often having with people waiting to join the party after someone leaves.  For the past 2 weeks, I am lucky if I can find 1 or 2 people to party together.   I think people are getting burnt out.  I have also been thinking of playing other games, but I don't want to buy more since the other games are for my PS3.  

I live in San Diego and place my home out in the ocean with as small a radius as possible with strict off and ping assist normally starting at about 50. If I don't find games, then I gradually increase my ping until I find them. Last night I had to increase my ping assist to about 70 in order to get games and I was connecting to servers is the mid to eastern US for games.

As stated by others above, the user count on AW have gone down significantly. I almost play COD exclusively with several friends that are almost always online. Most are now playing other games - Destiny, COD Ghosts/BO2, Rocket League, FIFA, GTA, etc.

Up until BO3 beta, we always ran full parties often having with people waiting to join the party after someone leaves. For the past 2 weeks, I am lucky if I can find 1 or 2 people to party together. I think people are getting burnt out. I have also been thinking of playing other games, but I don't want to buy more since the other games are for my PS3.

Wow I didn't know you lived in San Diego. I live in the OC.

really? where did you see this?

Just rumour, doing the rounds, can't say its true or not.

But recently when I actually get into games, its become a lot easier to go on massive streaks.

That's when i can actually get in a game, as the game never matches me or does then kicks me out of lobbies, due to the skill rank not being matched or its managed to put in a game from out side the filter for what every reason.

Archived