Better PS4 controller?

procreate

So was playing Ghosts tonight, my son picked up hardened edition on Amazon for $25 btw for anyone wanting everything. It's a STEAL... But I noticed my 360 controller is way more responsive as I have trigger stops and such on it. The PS4 controller just sucks in comparison. The triggers are far too soft and the stick grips just blow, my left side always feels like it's sliding off. Have fps freek on right stick.

Is there a similar solution to trigger stops for PS4 controllers to make them more responsive? Are there stick replacements that are better or do I just need to get cqb freeks?

Cinch can add trigger stops to the ps4 controller.  I contacted Scuff a while back about their PS4 controller and at that time they had no plans to do trigger stops for it; no idea why - it really makes no sense not to.  So went with a Cinch this time.  They do feel a little different though as there are smaller buttons on the handles instead of paddles on the back.

It's really easy to do yourself but if you don't like messing with your controllers then switch triggers to R1 L1 much more responsive. 

Once you get used to the DS4 controller you will never look back :) 

As Newnsy said above, just switch the triggers fro L2 and R2 to R1 and L1. I have done this on every Cod I have played and have recently bought a Scuf 4PS. Put a KF on the right stick and feels and plays much better than the stock controller.

That said everybody has their own preference.

im so used to bottom triggers now from xbox... + i wont buy a scuf again [they dont do trigger stops anyway right?] is there a DIY mod for trigger stops on PS4 controllers? hmmm, looking on google you can add them the same way as xbox360 controllers... now to figure how to pre-pull in the triggers to set that side.

i have a KF on my right stick, its my running stick that is so slippery. why on earth did they change their sticks? PS3 sticks were the best thing about that controller.... hmmm, can you put a PS3 stick onto a PS4 controller?

I don't know if you are in the new purchase market, but another vote for Battle Beaver Customs. I have their Xb1 controller with Smart Triggers and it is awesome.

I have ordered a PS4 BBC and will be doing a review when it gets here ( probably a week or two).

Maybe I should have titled this better modded PS4 controller? Cinch seems to have an adjustable trigger stop version which would be a great DIY if anyone had one to know how it worked. I see I can add trigger stops easily but the triggers are squishy to begin with.

I'd rather not spend much on it, it's not mine and I am not really feeling the whole "nextgen" consoles. They seem to already be pretty slow just a few years in. I'm quite happy with my 360 to be honest since there hasn't been a decent CoD on next gen and won't be until maybe 2016. But for the few times I get on my son's PS4 would be nice not to play such a bad controller. I might even add some buttons underneath. Anyone have a good button/part number I can order for that?

They are really easy to mod plenty of videos on YouTube especially if you are good with a soldering iron ( me not so much )

Easiest way to put trigger stops in, is simply pull down the triggers and glue in a piece of plastic and sand it down. Something as thin as a credit card works.

Personally I drilled my triggers and added a hex screw to create my own trigger stops, can't remember the size but will look in the morning.

As for buttons again it's pretty easy but due to the shape of the controllers it's difficult to get the buttons in place, hence all the random paddles you see on the net.

Finish it off with a nice hydro dip :)

I bought a scuf for ps4 in January. Sent it back once for a broken paddle tact switch. Under warranty for 3 months. Second time it wore out it was out of warranty. I found battle beaver customs on you tube and they offer a tact switch and had a video to repair it on a Xbox controller. I soldered a new one one and even made a couple of new pieces to better time out height of the switch when it makes contact. It works well after my tweaking. The construction is good. They spent big bucks on a mold for the bottom half of the contoller but unless you want to spend some time tweaking and modding the contoller to work so it lasts a while, I would try battle beaver or cinch. There are YouTube vids on modding controllers yourself if you have steady hands and a decent soldering iron.

P.s. I added trigger stops myself using an 8-32 set screw in each trigger, works fine. Many vids on YouTube for that as well.

Archived