IN Game and Lobby Booting

I have an AT&T U-verse modem/router all in one. I have connected the NETDUMA router to the AT&T box and made it DMZ. All my internet goes through the NETDUMA box and seems to work great until I get in a lobby. Sometimes I get kicked other times the game will load and ill get several kills and then get booted. Ive played both Destiny and Call of Duty both games do the same. I have disabled the Geo-filter but get the same result. When the Geo-Filter is on i keep getting failed ping attempts. Can anyone help?

• Netduma Staff

Welcome to the forum spiderweb :)

Only thing to add to the links Lukasz has provided is that once you are in the game, disable the GeoFilter as this may sort out the problem where you are kicked once you are in the game.

Thanks for the welcome and help guys.

I followed both links and run one game with the options and got the same result. Im currently trying to get in Destiny. I had one full game but it had to reset my connection twice. But I didn't get kicked. I then tried a new game and got booted after my first kill. My connection seems real bad when im in game. I have been running the game with out the Geo-Filter on. Nothing seems to be changed. Just tried a raid with friends and got booted. with Geo-Filter off

• Netduma Staff

Thanks for the welcome and help guys.

I followed both links and run one game with the options and got the same result. Im currently trying to get in Destiny. I had one full game but it had to reset my connection twice. But I didn't get kicked. I then tried a new game and got booted after my first kill. My connection seems real bad when im in game. I have been running the game with out the Geo-Filter on. Nothing seems to be changed. Just tried a raid with friends and got booted. with Geo-Filter off

If the GeoFilter is disabled then the Netduma runs like a regular router. If you connect directly to your other modem/router do you have this issue?

My connection seems real bad when im in game. 

1.  Can you let us know if you are running the latest firmware? It should be 1.03.4. If not go here: http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=manual_update&s[]=update

2. Also this may improve you gamiing experience. Here: http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=latest_cloud

3. Run an internet diagnosis and post screen shots of your results to make sure that isn't anything on your ISP side. If you want some examples check out this thread 

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/743-post-your-internet-diagnosis-results/

If the GeoFilter is disabled then the Netduma runs like a regular router. If you connect directly to your other modem/router do you have this issue?

Yes it shows enable not disabled. When I use my providers Modem/Router I dont have any issues. Also when playing through the NETDUMA I tend to have a red bar versus my solid green bar with my providers. Could a setting in my Providers router be blocking connection even if I have it running in DMZ?

• Netduma Staff

Yes it shows enable not disabled. When I use my providers Modem/Router I dont have any issues. Also when playing through the NETDUMA I tend to have a red bar versus my sloid green bar with my providers. Could a setting in my Providers router be blocking connection even if I have it running in DMZ?

What are your upload and download speeds and what is your congestion control set to?

I followed the links to the letter didnt change a thing. Ok so maybe not to the letter I couldnt find the setting for Peer ping where can I find this checked box?

It sounds like you might not have the latest firmware.

If you dont have a peer ping option on the top of the goe map next to strict mode and all that.

Then you are on the older version of firmware.

Please use the link provided by bucky nusty above to upgrade.

Then as well is settings make sure you are runing auto cloud and bleeding edge when you tick that boxes hit aplly and the try some games maybe that will help.

Can you follow this guide to get the speeds back. Do you have strict mode disabled? 

First let me say I am very impressed with the service I have been getting. you guys are awesome.

Yes strict mode is disabled.

Now about the lobby booting could you make sure you areusing auto cloud and bleeding edge is ticked and after setting those clicking apply butto

And yes I have both auto cloud and bleeding edge ticked.

Good news once I moved the congestion Control up to 100% I had my speeds back. Is this normal?

• Netduma Staff

Good news once I moved the congestion Control up to 100% I had my speeds back. Is this normal?

That's absolutely normal :) E.g if it is set to 50% you will only have 50% of the speeds. Are you still experiencing the booting?

Archived