• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Netduma Staff

i havnt been connecting to people outside of my geofilter but just lagging horribly. not getting to pull up my gun. i dont see any dedicated servers anywhere near me

Ok, if the connection was worse, don't enlarge it, just leave it as it was :)

• Netduma Staff

also; i am at work and not using the internet for anything else, should i set the sliders to less than 70/70? i could literally set them to 10/10 if i needed

60/60 would be as conservative as you'd need to go. But you could definitely try 10/10 and see if that plays better for you - you might find that it does :)

So me and two friends tested it out last night and just as always it was AMAZING for the first 3 matches. we had one bad match and then some more amazing matches. Two hours went by where we were all having fun. Then it got bad, there always seems to be one guy who is melting me 15 times in one match and its not because he is better than me, its because he is the host. Then my friend also have a different guy who is melting them every time. if the kills were being distributed it would be different but its usually just one guy getting me and i cant pull my gun up and one guy getting my other friend and another guy getting my other friend. One whole team is ahead the whole game and we are behind the whole game. we start getting matched against people in mexico and new york and california and when that happens we get melted.

Overall i can say that last night was better than most nights for me and my friends but it just doesn't eliminate lag. if at any point i am getting shot before the other guy is even on my screen than that is a problem.

i wanted to also ask if my friend should get one or is he getting the advantage from my netduma? if he gets one will it make it better for both of us? what im getting at is Black Ops 3 is coming out and i have a full party to play with for about 6 to 8 hours a night. would it be better or worse or no different for everybody in my party to have one. Once again i thank you for any help. :)

• Administrators

There will always be such a thing as host advantage unfortunately. If you're getting those far hosts it definitely sounds as though strict is off and/or PA is on. What is your ping to these games? The party leader should be the one with the duma, which should get them the hosts within your filter. However they of course won't have the features of congestion control, eliminating spikes and prioritising the console etc. So they get part benefit from being in your party but not the full benefit.

That is very useful info, thank you. :D . I also understand that this games netcode and matchmaking is messed up and dont intend to blame netduma for that. I am recommending netduma to friends as it has brought me and my friends experience to a much better level. i have 44,000 kills on Advanced Warfare with a K/d of 1.26 and in the last 7 days it has gone to 1.30. In one week i had a 1.86 and i was able to play the objective a lot more.

• Netduma Staff

What happens if i have the duma and let someone else in my party be the party leader? what would happen then?

It does't work very well. Each time there is a host outside of the GeoFilter range they have to start the search again because you can't connect to it.

True True Crossy, I didnt think about that. its just right now because of where i live if i deny too many people i wont have anybody to play with. But i guess it would be better to wait longer for a game than to get melted and have a horrible time

Yeah, if you don't want to play against player hosts you could try and move your home location closed to a dedicated server and make your GeoFilter really small. Then no one will have host advantage :)

Not particularly important to this thread, but I have to say the one on one Faser, Crossy, and rest of the NETDUMA support staff is amazing. This guy had/has a issue and you guys personally want to fix his issue and get him gaming great again.

That is awesome. I'm so glad I ordered mine even w/o having it yet. The customer support this site provides, and even NETDUMA's Twitter, is top notch!

This alone makes me want to get my hands on my NETDUMA now.

You are right Parkrr, on the weekend no less. Its like, do these guys take a day off? I recommend it to anybody just because of the customer support. I now have two people in my clan that are ordering one just for the congestion control. Amazing device and amazing people with alot of knowledge @crossy and @netdumaFraser. :D :D :D

There are lots of dedicated servers in the US, hopefully one of the US members will see this thread and tell you all of them.

I hear comments about Texas, Seattle, Atlanta etc.

There are Dedis for AW in Seattle, Philadelphia, Kansas, Chicago, Atlanta... basically all major cities. 

You'll know you are playing on a dedi when you can't rate the host like this:

post-3923-0-59391100-1440199235.png

You'll only be able to Ping or Trace them. 

It has been really really bad. half the match i am behind by two seconds and the other half i am ahead. My friend lives in birmingham alabama and its showing he lives in kansas. My brother has amazing internet and everytime he gets on it gets worse. I am raging every other game and this router seems to have no consistency. The customer support is wonderful but the product doesnt work like it should.

this morning i tried putting it to 70/70 with the right upload and download with 52ms ping assist as my ping was 52 and the first lobby i get in i am matched with people outside of my area; but thats ok as long as their ping is good right? well there are only 5 people's ping showing and one of them is 45 and the rest is 100 or better. the first three games i play i am a god and at the top of the leaderboard and people are making comments about me being good. The next game i am put on the other team and now i am lagging 2 seconds behind the enemy again. i am all of a sudden on the bottom of the leaderboard in the same lobby where i was just at the top. I am a patient person so i will wait to have a one on one with you. just frustrated at how i can be a god for 3 games and then all of a sudden be at the bottem.......14-28 the next game

Archived