I need help with my settings apparently.

I live in South Louisiana and am having a bunch of lag related issues. I have three games where I am a god and no one can touch me and three games where I am two seconds behind and look like a noob. Thought it might have just been advanced warfare but I switched to black ops 2 and it's the same thing there. The only good games I seem to have right before they are over I get kicked out and the stats don't count.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Netduma Staff

@Crossy, maybe we should put together a Welcome package and have stuff like Some settings or things that are FAQ

One should arrive by email and PM already but it isn't working - I've PMd Fraser to see if he can get it up and running again :)

• Netduma Staff

Thank you for the welcome. I have been watching videos and reading these forums for 5 days now. I have tried just about everything and am lagging 2 seconds behind the Enemy. One game I am getting instakilled and the next is good.

I will post pics as soon as I get set back up.

Ok - brilliant. Hopefully the screen shots explain the problem and you can get back to enjoying most of you games :)

I don't know how to post pictures. I can tell you the settings. Unless someone can tell me how to post pictures.

I am finding hosts in the next few states away from me. It seems as though when I check their and my ping that everything is in order; but I am getting melted instantly. I can't even pull my gun up half the time and the other half is fine.

My ping is around 40-70 depending on where I get connected to which shouldn't be a problem. I have strict clicked, I have PA set to 50 and get melted so I changed to 70 and get melted. I have congestion control set to 100% down and up.

i also might have mentioned before that i cant play in a party because nobody has any fun but me. I have a friend who is now refusing to play with me unless i get rid of the netduma or he wants to know if it would help if he got one or would it hurt or does it make any difference and what do we do and how to do it if he does not have a netduma and what we do if he gets one.

• Netduma Staff

i pay for 25 download and 3 upload. i normally get 20 down and 2.5 up with anywhere from 40-75 ping depending on the server.

i have congestion control set at 100% up and down. I am also hard wired.

Can you click the 'detail' button after doing an internet diagnostic and post that too please :)

Also go to 'Congestion Control' and set the sliders to 70%. With the detailed internet diagnostic it will be easier to advise you with the other settings.

i also might have mentioned before that i cant play in a party because nobody has any fun but me. I have a friend who is now refusing to play with me unless i get rid of the netduma or he wants to know if it would help if he got one or would it hurt or does it make any difference and what do we do and how to do it if he does not have a netduma and what we do if he gets one.

Does he live far from you?

• Netduma Staff

you mentioned congestion control above. should i be setting it different than 100% up and down?

Yes, set the sliders to 70%. The lag you've been getting could be caused by other people in your house and setting the sliders to 70% will stop this :)

• Netduma Staff

Is the GeoFilter radius set to two snaps? And based on your ping you might want to increase ping assist up to between 55 and 60? Also, have you had a chance to test out if it plays any better with congestion control set to 70/70?

• Netduma Staff

my friend lives about 300 miles away but he has amazing internet and i put the home location in between both of us. he is suffering badly

by the way, thank you for helping me on the weekend. i know that has to be tough

Hmm, ok, sounds like you're doing everything right so not too sure why he's lagging. And in networking terms you don't live far apart at all. Lets try and get your lag sorted then afterwards why he lags when he plays with you :) No worries at all!

i have not played with the sliders at 70/70. Its not two snaps because i had it on two snaps and that is when it was putting me against people in new york and mexico. EVERYTIME i play against people up north or in mexico it is extremely bad; but if that is what you say to do then i will do it.

• Netduma Staff

Its not two snaps because i had it on two snaps and that is when it was putting me against people in new york and mexico. EVERYTIME i play against people up north or in mexico it is extremely bad; but if that is what you say to do then i will do it.

So when you do that you do that you connect to people outside of your GeoFilter? You don't need to do that, I was just wondering, because that should mean that you can connect to the dedicated servers near to you.

Archived