What are the best settings to bypass the Netgear firewall?

What are the best settings to bypass the Netgear firewall? I have been having issues with my Netduma since I bought it a few weeks ago. I was able to play games with no lag before buying the Netduma and I'm sure that my settings are probably just wrong. I have a wireless broadband connection with a 50-60ms ping and 5down 2up...not the best connection but I used to pull a four bar on MW3 quite often now I'm on a one to two bar. If any one has a Netgear R7500 x4 Nighthawk please help. My setup is POE adapter > Netgear Nighthawk (Netduma in DMZ) > Netduma > Devices. My ISP doesn't allow bridge mode or AP mode. 

Hey welcome,

I really wish I could help you out, your setup is a little unique for my advice since you use a wireless broadband connection. Maybe the update that is about to be dropped will help in this department.

Also just and FYI support from the netduma team is closed right now till tomorrow. EU time.

I had it in bridge mode and my ping spiked to 200+ so I called my ISP and they said that in bridge mode I would have too many IP addresses assigned and my connection would be unstable. I just want the best settings with DMZ enabled. I don't want anything to conflict. I need to know  if UPNP should be (enabled/disabled), SIP ALG (disabled/enabled) and NAT (Open/secured) 

What your ISP has told you is garbage, you would have the same amount of IP's which ever mode you were in.

The spikes could have been from local congestion.

Bridge mode would be best then input your speed tested bandwidth in set bandwidth found in the congestion control then set the sliders to 70% each way using reactive if you are over 50mb is suggested.

http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=setup_lt_50&s[]=flood

The congestion control will stop all connected devices on your network creating lag.

What your ISP has told you is garbage, you would have the same amount of IP's which ever mode you were in.

These are my speeds after putting the Netgear router in bridge mode https://gyazo.com/3699d267ec2f362371955f4af5dbfc99

My ISP only offers 15mb down 4 up at the highest package. I'm getting higher speeds than I pay for now, could this be the reason that they don't want me to enable bridge mode?

You must have posted this as I posted as i did not see this earlier.

Putting it in to bridge mode will have rebooted the modem part and you must be syncing higher now is what i suspect has happened.

When you select 70% in congestion control after setting up the bandwidth in the duma remember your speeds will be lower to alow for headroom so others on your network do not affect the pings.

If you need full speed just set the sliders to 100% while you download.

**Bandwidth is not the speed of your internet ping is, the width of the band is how much can travel at once**

I greatly appreciate all the help you guys have provided. My speeds are normal with the bridge mode but the shot doesn't feel the same. The only time I feel it get faster/better with less delay is when I move the device prioritization on my xbox. I have found that at 44% it feels better but I'm still trying to find the sweet spot. What percentage of my total bandwidth should I allocate for my Xbox? I looked at the Wiki but it suggest 30 but it feels like I lag when I set it at 30. Normal speeds are at 50-60ms ping 5down 2up. 

Ok, I'll mess around with the settings some more, thanks again for all your help. Every admin and member on this forum is so amazing. I'll be sure to help as many people as I can once I learn more about the Netduma and networking in general. You may close the topic, I'm sure I just need to tweak settings a bit more. 

Archived