has something changed ?

• Administrators

geo filter centerd in scotland and range set at 330km set specificaly to exclude all europe

Sounds as though you either have strict mode off, or Ping assist on in which case you should definitely put that to 0. I would recommend keeping strict off, however with it on you may get very smooth games but will probably encounter booting

• Netduma Staff

strict is off and pimg assist was set to 11ms

If strict mode was off then you could have been connecting to servers outside of the GeoFilter and with Ping Assist set to 11ms means that you can connect to hosts less than 11ms that are outside of your GeoFilter :)

• Administrators

PA should definitely be set to 0 for Destiny. Also have peer ping on, so you can see the individual pings. Is the host actually outside your filter now or is it just that you can hear that they are foreign? In which case I'd say they're getting connected to a dedi thats within your radius.

pa is set to zero i aasume that turning strict mode off turns on ping assist as theres no button marked ping assisst

peer ping ? wheres that then ?

and the map shows all of the uk and france as orange/reddish circles , moving the cursor over them i get host descriptor 100km thats the nearest that i can get.

i just had one pop up in the usa a ping of 120ms now thats gone . i have just been playing with the ping and trace and i got a purple/lilac line that shot into the usa and deep into europe at the same time and both ended with a purple triangle with no indication of what they are in the legend

• Administrators

Yeah if you follow lukasz link and do that, you should then have the peer ping option. PA to 0 turns off ping assist, strict off will prevent booting but will allow some close hosts outside your radius. 

Don't worry about the trace, its quite inaccurate, ping is king, just worry about that :)

yup im on 1.02.7

is it ok to upgrade via laptop and wifi as my desktop (where the router is) atm running a defrag on a 1tb drive so it maybe awhile :lol:

Yebs buddy thats fine you can do that i always update using my phone. Now that is a prety old version of software.

Firstly I'd sort that update out then once in destiny I put my geo filter to cover the uk only PA set to 0 and strict mode on and had some great games the other week,I'd reaplie those cloud settings too you should get a good experience on destiny ive not had a bad one yet

ok upgraded to latest firmware peer ping, auto ping, dormant hosts all ticked

distance set to 329km/204 miles

ping assist set to 0.00

now a couple of things :-

1.my location is actually derbyshire but a lot of the lads i game with are in scotland one is in lerwick (a little dot many miles north of scotland) so in order to keep them AND block europe i have set my location to scotland otherwise i have to increase the distance which includes europe (HMMPHH) which im trying to block due to distance and poor ping .

2.in destiny pvp there are no dedicated servers its just the normal cheap p2p , activision always uses p2p as its cheaper

3.ppl asked for ingame chat but never use it in destiny (i miss the abuse and taking the rip tbh) but i look at ppls profiles after they have just rubber banded about the map and killed me and while i know its not accurate but when there languages are listed as spanish/french/italian/turkish i assume that they are in spain/france/italy etc this is what im trying to block surely with this router and the cheap arsed p2p way of gaming i should be able to block everyone ?.

4.with the old firmware and strict turned on i noticed there was far more lag and rubber banding at the time of posting i have yet to try the new upgrade in destiny in cod AW i just got uk only lobbies (just a pity that AW is very poor and a lag fest due to sbmm and lag compensation you can pass that onto ppl asking about cod btw) but right from day one i noticed i was connecting to europe.

5.the other day i was gaming with a mate from linconshire and we where in the same fireteam but ended up on opposite teams (which is odd) and i was shooting him (and it has to be said laughing) and told me that he could see the guy behind me and the guy that ran past me (he killed them both and got a double kill) he then said i just "appeared out of thin air" and killed him even though i was putting a steady stream of bullets into him on my screen , is this a possible comunication problem or just the vagaries of the p2p system ?.

thanks for taking the time to read all this .

• Administrators
  1. You can add them to your allow list by following this guide http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=adding_friends_to_your_allow_listthen they can always connect to you even if they're outside your radius. Moving your location isn't an issue, we regularly advise people to move their location to get better games, it doesn't have to be super accurate.
  2. They actually use a mixture of P2P and dedicated servers (mostly used when P2P connections can't be made so some players go through a dedi) 
  3. It sounds like these are people that are being connected to the dedicated server that you have a connection to, as well as your connections to the other players.
  4. Strict should actually be the best connections if you don't get booted, try with the new firmware but also try with strict off as that is usually good and prevents booting too.
  5. Not sure what that was, does sound quite strange

Make sure to apply the auto & bleeding edge cloud again also for the new firmware and make sure to follow http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=fine_tune_netdumaas you now have access to more settings.

Archived