Will NetDuma router work on NBN in australia

Will NetDuma router  work in Australia if I have an existing ISP router(only wireless)? My connection ping fluctuate between 40-200ms, will this router help?

Please advise as if I order from Australia it will be expensive for me.

Welcome to the forums Ramakantmaurya!

I am going to have to say with the current firmware of the Netduma you will not be able to turn it into an AP. Your only form of internet is from wifi or maybe satellite correct? Do you have a wifi card? Please explain your setup :)

But a huge update is coming out "soon-ish" and it might have new features that let you do that. IDK I am not in the loop. "But I should BE"

Will NetDuma router work in Australia if I have an existing ISP router(only wireless)? My connection ping fluctuate between 40-200ms, will this router help?

Hi Ramakantmaurya

Nbn will work with the router, also I know nbn comes either wireless satellite or direct. Im not 100% sure if it will work with wireless satellite ? But I dont see why It wouldnt work, maybe someone can chime in on that..... Im also a fellow aussie living in Melbourne on a dsl connection and the netduma works amazing. Takes some tinkering to find the best settings but make a post and anyone will help you with your questions. Also there are some other aussies on here that will share setting that work the best for them and just adjust from there..

Cheers

• Administrators

Hi Ram,

it should work with any modem in the world that has ethernet. However if you have a Satellite connection its going to be laggy whatever you do as the distance to space and back is your problem. Nothing can be done about that unfortunately. Hope that helps. 

Hi Ram,

it should work with any modem in the world that has ethernet. However if you have a Satellite connection its going to be laggy whatever you do as the distance to space and back is your problem. Nothing can be done about that unfortunately. Hope that helps. 

Other companies will lie and convince you to still buy it...Much respect to Iain for being so conscientious. 

80rs1u.jpg?w=300&h=1699

• 2 weeks later...

Will NetDuma router  work in Australia if I have an existing ISP router(only wireless)? My connection ping fluctuate between 40-200ms, will this router help?

hey dude im from sydney myself and i currently have nbn and the router works as it should however i dont have the best set up due to voip i have to have my netduma as a secondary router unfortunately, but still i get 98 download and 38 upload consistantly and in most AW games i get a ping from 20 to 30ms so still pretty good just takes a lil time for u to adjust setting that works best

Thanks to all replies, 

My connection is NBN fiber only.

It working fine, but download and upload speed is slow.

Please find details below:

Ping - 4ms

Download- 27 mbps(Actual connection speed 100mbps)

upload- 25 mbps( Actual connection speed 40 mbps)

I have connected my router directly no other router is connected(as per NBN fiber requirement any wireless router should work).

My all devices (wired and wireless are connected to Netduma r1)

Firmware version : 1.03.3 

My online game have no problem it just when it come to download speed. Thanks 

Can you follow these instructions to increase the internet speeds that you can get through the Netduma  :)

Wow Crossy... you are the best.

Now I am getting 95 Mbps.  :)  :)  :)  

My few friends from Australia/NZ are also planning to buy this router after seeing my game  :)

I would say Netduma issue resolving turn around time is just ASWESOME.

• 6 months later...

Thanks to all replies, 

Ping - 4ms

I have connected my router directly no other router is connected(as per NBN fiber requirement any wireless router should work).

Im connected the same way using pppoe and its fine with my fibre so far, my isp is another issue, we get mad congestion 4pm-11pm in Aus on NBN.

• 1 month later...

Greetings

Fellow NBN user, with fiber to the premises on a 100/40 plan.

Can I hook the DUMA directly into the NBN box?

I am assuming the ISP settings and account are "inside" the NBN box, or do you need to set up the Duma with ISP user name, password and settings ETC?

• Administrators

Hey, yes you should be able to do that. If you need to set up that it would be PPPoE which you can set on the router. 

Someone who actually has it currently should be able to let you know either way :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to all replies, 

Ping - 4ms

Ramakant,

You're on really old firmware too. The latest is .6.  Check out this thread to request assistance in upgrading your firmware. Don't do it yourself, your firmware is too far behind, and Netduma recommends having them do the update.  Read the post and follow the instructions and they will kick your R1 up a few notches!

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/11018-major-netduma-upgrade-now-available-v-1036/page-31?do=findComment&comment=100939

Archived