Windows 10 SPYING on your every move.

SatansSon

How do you guys feel about all this? Please do your research before writing me a love letter. I also have a question for Iain, does the NetDuma's Stealth Mode feature protect us from prying eyes? I recently switched back to Linux, it just gives me a peace of mind. What are your thoughts young Padawans? Am I just f**king paranoid? I think the proof is in the pudding, 'that's what she said.'  :wub:

Well a "free" upgrade was bound to have a catch. 

You can turn a lot of the "phone home" stuff off but not all of it, at the end of the day our mobile devices do this as routine and no-one bats an eye about it but add it to an OS and it's Armageddon.  Personally I'm not too bothered about it for my personal machines, my business machines which have sensitive data on are either linux or Win 7 with no plans on upgrading there.

My biggest problem with win 10 is the forced updates, how many times have M$ pushed out a bad update?  Now you don't even get a chance to decline it...I predict bad things happening with that hair-brained policy.

its fine on my phone for tracking stuff, i actually need it there. not on my workstation. that is just invasive and wont be ever upgrading to it. i hope adobe starts supporting linux in the future if they stop supporting win7.

XP for everyone! Lol, nah 7 is staying on my system for now. It's clearly the better OS and if Microsoft doesn't change their game soon they're going to be dead in a few years.

XP for everyone! Lol, nah 7 is staying on my system for now. It's clearly the better OS and if Microsoft doesn't change their game soon they're going to be dead in a few years.

I love XP to bad support is out the window. I loved the design, actually pretty much everything about it compared to every other Windows OS. I am a big Linux fan, I am currently trying out Elementary OS. It reminds me a lot of mac as its based off the GUI.

• 2 weeks later...

But WHAT (service) is? The computer was fully idle. Shouldn't be doing anything there. Interested to track it down.

My guess is it's just a "keep alive" ping when you are idle to keep MM time to a minimum when you do decide to play a (CoD) game?

Archived