WTF was this all about, on a dedi!!! lag teleporting

bagsta69

Hiya yall, this was last night playing on a dedi, watch after I respawn after my first death, (its not long). What the hell was that all about?

I took a screen cap of my geo filter at the time it was happening too.

Any of you nerdylicious people know what that was all about?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itv_hUV2cYQ

post-788-0-62404200-1439077184_thumb.jpg

Doh, damn my "clam like fingers" I need a stick. the title should say this not tghis.

15ms strict. was just the one bad game but it was on a dedicated server so shouldnt have been that bad, I thought lag switcher so checked the host and it was a dedi ????? go figure.

Anyway rest of night and tonight so far The reverend is kicking ass and taking names, solo winning his clan war (so far).

And proper loving my scuf, 2nd best purchase ive made since the R1. :) happy days big maun.

Yebs this had happend to me many times. Nothing to worry about just the in game problems.

For me that is what happens wen there was a lot of packed loss on serv but my be wrong.

It looks like one of two things happened:

A) There was major packet loss (choke), either on the line the server is on, or perhaps, your own line to the server?

B ) The dedicated server was being flooded with too many packets per second (update rate) by one of the players, either on purpose, or just because they have bad internet, perhaps?

Both of these things will cause what you experienced... What many of us have experienced on the dedis and why most of us don't like dedis as a whole.

However, all things equal, dedis are still the preferred method of online gaming for the simple fact it shouldn't give anybody an advantage given certain criteria are met e.g. close ping to the server, no net congestion, no packet loss, etc. That never happens in the real world, but if we had to rely solely on P2P, it would be much worse. I guarantee it, for a lot of reasons.

Yup bad connection somewhere in the mix,either dedi or people connected to the dedi.When ever that happens I check the scoreboard and normally find 2-3 people in a party with a 1 -2 bar connection and sure as shit I expand the map so I can see the whole world and there is someone connected to the dedi halfway around the world.I'm not saying that was the case as it could have just been a flooded dedi.

Archived