Problem with my conection

Damg31

Every day I have a big problem whit my Internet conection only 6pm at 1am,I live in Puerto Rico, I call the internet company and they told me that all is well, no is if Will be the netduma and I have the modem in bridge mode. I need help

Sounds like to me like maybe there is an increase in Internet users and it may be causing some congestion. Only reason I say this is because it is during a certain time of day.

Run an internet diagnosis and post the results.  Here is a link that explains a little more: http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=id_ping_diagnostics

Post the results and details here and the forum will examine the result and let you know where and what they think the problem is. 

Yes as the guy's have said use the dumas network diags and pingplotter pinging 8.8.8.8 during the day when its ok and during the night when there is congestion as proof.

A lot of members have done this and successfully made their ISP's fix the issue.

you have an overloaded ISP node...nothing you can do, this is peak time 6pm-1am...they have oversold the internet speeds in your area...to prove this go download a huge file like ubuntu's iso...

you'll start the download slow and with bad connection over time the bandwidth you pay for will become available and you'll gain speed...this will all go back to broken when the download stops or gets cancelled it just proves that it is a node overload

Question. I just download ping plotter and when I ping Google I get a 100% package lost(r1.lan). Average rt is 25 and cur is 20 lag spike are as low as 20 to 80ms.

• Netduma Staff

Question. I just download ping plotter and when I ping Google I get a 100% package lost(r1.lan). Average rt is 25 and cur is 20 lag spike are as low as 20 to 80ms.

Do you have stealth mode on? I believe the function of that is to not reply to pings so that could be the cause for the 100% packet loss to the Netduma. Could be wrong.

• Netduma Staff

I have stealth mode on Crossy and mine is fine, thats for other routers trying to ping you not when your pinging a site etc.

Yes, I just tested it and it was fine. Even from WAN when I pinged my Netduma I got a reply.

Btw even if your just pinging a site, ping plotter it's using traceroute to do it which means its pinging each hop along the way (cause he said it was 100% packet loss at r1.lan which is the Netduma).

Anyway, it was just an idea as to why he was getting 100% packet loss at the r1.lan hop.

Archived