is there anyway to be host ?

Ahmed AL Saud

Hi guys,

Iain asked me to post in here.

Personally I've found in recent COD's being host puts you at a massive disadvantage.

My wife & I only play free for all and since getting our Netduma we've connected to dedicated servers around 98% of the time.

We've also found that on double XP weekends the gameplay is usually pretty bad, this DXP weekend is no different. We have also noticed that the matchmaking in FFA at least has been behaving strangely (connecting to more player hosts than usual, only finding 1 or 2 games, connecting us to lobbies with only 1 player in it) we don't normally have these issues. Tested this with geo-filter off.

We also connected up our old router just to make sure this was not an issue with the Duma and experienced exactly the same issues with matchmaking & the gameplay was even worse. Our internet is functioning perfectly so it was nothing to do with that.

Guest Netduma_Iain

I think abc means enable "Strict Mode". If you absolutely want things ONLY inside your geo-filter range then enable strict mode. The other one allows others through to help you get quicker games. Its your choice. 

OK with strict mode enabled it still connects to dedicated server. I missed the auto correct in previous post. (Using my phone to post) I'm in central new York and it connects me to dedicated server in Kansas. And my Geo filter is never set that far away. Happens every day with strict on and off. = ( it's not that's it's really laggy because I have great connection to it, it's the fact that other people that connect to it are so much closer to it. And I feel like there is too much of a base line delay built into the game coding making me get lag comped too much making it almost unplayable for those with good connection

Guest Netduma_Iain

a1pha TG if you have strict mode you should never connect to anything outside your circle. If you set your circle to the size and wait till all circles/squares go(so our anti-cheating stops operating on them) do you ever connect to anything outside your range? If so please let me know as you shouldn't. 

I almost always still connect to that server in Kansas it does up as a brighter ( yellew exclamation)triangle than the rest. And usual flashes throughout match. Even though it's outside the filter with strict on. Unless I'm getting host 99% of the time and I doubt that since I'm usually 3 barring to those servers. Lately I've been letting my friend from Maine host the parties because he usually doesn't connect to the server because of his connection is not the greatest.

Guest Netduma Luke

Alpha - on the Geo-filter, what does the red button below the device are filtering say (at the top of the screen). It's either 'Enable' or 'Disable'

Archived