NEW R3 FIRMWARE - 4.0.219

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yeah that makes sense, processing delay is apart of every game but they don't always choose to show it in their ping calculation. Generally CoD did used to do this for every server but it appears they're reducing that so you may encounter some servers where it appears higher in game or some where the ping is exactly the same. 

If the ping in game is over 30 ms higher than the Geo ping then the server is under load and you'll have a better experience with another server.

the next problem is that it still doesn't stabilize the ping and even if it doesn't stabilize it, the ping in the game is also higher and problem with steady ping still exists with this firmware even if it is stable, after some time the stabilization stops again 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, ChtiMi of 13 said:

Good evening, Thank you for your reply. Currently I am in 4.0.20. On the other hand, is it possible to select the new update directly from the file on the PC because I couldn't find it. Otherwise regarding the connection problem in the area that I indicated, can you please give me the reason why it selects a server outside the radius despite the fact that I have deactivated geolatency, ping at 0 and active strict mode. thank you in advance.

You download the file from the first post in this topic, then on the router interface go to Troubleshooting > Upload Firmware and select the file you downloaded to upgrade.

It's likely a bug on that version so upgrading will fix it

On cod vanguard ping on app 22 ms on game almost 40 ms what is going on Frazer this is as well processing ? it’s like that from the beginning to the end Fifa same thing plus connecting me outside my Geo filter zone Geo Latency switch off

so far no different than .214. everything still seems the same which is fine because it was working fine with the .214 firmware. buffer bloat is absolutely gone since .214. ping optimizer still detects at 99% DL/ 100% UL. network speed detect is same with .219 as .214. will post more as I see any improvements from my experience.

hello fraser, just wanna ask it theres a twick i can make coz before the update i'm fine with FC24 my connection DL was 700 and UL is around 200 where my original was 700/700, my problem after the update was my DL almost remain the same but the UL turns worst always around 10-20 Upload only on console and it really felt ingame when i do shooting and passing even the movement... when i connect my LAN directly to Modem provider it gives me almost the same connection speed like 700/200... one last problem is im always connected to HONG KONG server which gives me regular of 18-30 but after the update it always gives me around 27-40... i know theres something you can DO... 

Hey guys!

Apologies if I've missed anything, why is this latest FW version smaller than the one i've got installed (i.e., 4.0.41)?

Hello, I am trying to use my SBMMOFF VPN service using the hybrid option on the netduma R3 but I am stuck because I don't know where to go to get a VPN config file.  It says to copy and paste the VPN config file and I don't know where to get that through SBMMoff or even what that means?

Hello,

It seems that since the update i can't add a gaming device in the Geo-Filter function.

When i go in to add advice there are no devices shown.

I used the one click update option in Dumaos and got the message that some features failed to load, and might not work properly. The only thing I found that doesnt work so far is the ping optimizer feature and it wont save my favorite activities and devices in the smartboost prioritised list. It also failed to update the first time i tried, and I had to do it again

image.thumb.png.5a533fd140b570ac39f6abb1ec85cc02.png

image.png.f6c1589388f08503c77f3a5953427bc5.png

1 hour ago, A_F said:

I used the one click update option in Dumaos and got the message that some features failed to load, and might not work properly. The only thing I found that doesnt work so far is the ping optimizer feature and it wont save my favorite activities and devices in the smartboost prioritised list. It also failed to update the first time i tried, and I had to do it again

image.thumb.png.5a533fd140b570ac39f6abb1ec85cc02.png

image.png.f6c1589388f08503c77f3a5953427bc5.png

I also tried to do the update manually afterwards, but had the same issue with features not loading correctly

3 minutes ago, A_F said:

I also tried to do the update manually afterwards, but had the same issue with features not loading correctly

Disable IPv6 LAN/WAN and restart R3!

4 hours ago, PattPatt17 said:

Hello, I am trying to use my SBMMOFF VPN service using the hybrid option on the netduma R3 but I am stuck because I don't know where to go to get a VPN config file.  It says to copy and paste the VPN config file and I don't know where to get that through SBMMoff or even what that means?

I contacted SBMMOff directly and this was their reply. I thought I would share. 

Hi,

No we do not offer configs for routers, you must use our client im afraid.

However if you wish to use another vpn you can try gamevpns.com which works on consoles and pc via dns.

good evening to the team. I installed the latest version 4.0.219 and ipv6 is still not working. to clarify, ipv6 works with another router.

7 minutes ago, YamahaX said:

good evening to the team. I installed the latest version 4.0.219 and ipv6 is still not working. to clarify, ipv6 works with another router.

Hi ! They are aware of it but using IPv6 will not bring you anything more for online gaming because the game uses NAT!

58 minutes ago, Fuzy said:

Disable IPv6 LAN/WAN and restart R3!

IPv6 LAN was turned off, just did it for WAN aswell and rebooted but it still doesnt work. Also tried turning of UPnP and changing DNS server but didnt solve the sissue either. Im able to measure the ping, but not do the optimizing feature

@FuzyI know but when I buy a machine I want it to work properly. 
whether the game works with ipv6 or not doesn't justify the situation. in the new update it says that ipv6 is improved. when will this be fixed

I understand, but you bought a router on a gaming basis!

I'm obviously speaking on my own behalf, but what use does IPv6 Internet access to you that IPv4-only Internet access currently prevents you from?
Sorry if my question is confusing but every time I've asked the question...

@Netduma Alex @Netduma Fraser

The allow ping feature does not work even if you enable or disable the ShieldsUP test! from Ping Reply (test failed). While on the modem without router it would be the ipv4 ping response function that if I deactivate Ping Reply from (passed test).

GRC | ShieldsUP! — Internet Vulnerability Profiling  

On 6/4/2024 at 3:24 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

No you don't need to leave it on the entire time. If you zoom out fully on the map can you see any server on the map in that scenario?

Hey, here you go. Salt city is where that big icon is (I presume the host) and my ping is 4ms on the right. Any ideas?

image.thumb.png.7291a4f0164a775e979a47f2c448f871.png

Was getting open nat using UPNP on the pre-release version, now on this version I'm getting double nat again and having to use a DMZ.

Hey, hoping someone can help. I've uploaded the new firmware but I'm still greeted with hybrid VPN not ready yet with a link to an old forum from release.its like non of the features are showing?

• Administrators
On 6/5/2024 at 12:43 AM, Movement said:

On cod vanguard ping on app 22 ms on game almost 40 ms what is going on Frazer this is as well processing ? it’s like that from the beginning to the end Fifa same thing plus connecting me outside my Geo filter zone Geo Latency switch off

IMG_6569.mov IMG_6571.mov

In any scenario where the in game ping is higher than the Geo-Filter that will be the game processing delay, it's not something we have any control over but it can be used as a measurement to see how overloaded a server is. As long as it's not 30ms higher than the Geo you're good. 

Do you have Ping Assist enabled? Are you changing Geo settings between matches? 

On 6/5/2024 at 7:04 AM, jorlanjorge said:

hello fraser, just wanna ask it theres a twick i can make coz before the update i'm fine with FC24 my connection DL was 700 and UL is around 200 where my original was 700/700, my problem after the update was my DL almost remain the same but the UL turns worst always around 10-20 Upload only on console and it really felt ingame when i do shooting and passing even the movement... when i connect my LAN directly to Modem provider it gives me almost the same connection speed like 700/200... one last problem is im always connected to HONG KONG server which gives me regular of 18-30 but after the update it always gives me around 27-40... i know theres something you can DO... 

Just to clarify, the lower upload speed you only see on the console but other devices you see the normal speed? 20 is absolutely plenty for gaming so that wouldn't be the cause of your in game experience. It would be worth doing a factory reset as it's a big update and may run smoother after that.

On 6/5/2024 at 2:33 PM, Sameer said:

Hey guys!

Apologies if I've missed anything, why is this latest FW version smaller than the one i've got installed (i.e., 4.0.41)?

No specific reason, it won't always be a bigger file. 

On 6/5/2024 at 3:54 PM, kryptik66 said:

Take it this is the same as early access 4.0.219 version so don't need to switch to the full release

It is yes but it doesn't have remote logging enabled so if that's something you'd rather not have then would recommend using this one. 

On 6/5/2024 at 4:28 PM, PattPatt17 said:

You'd need to contact them for the config file but looks like they don't provide it unfortunately from the above comment.

On 6/5/2024 at 4:59 PM, Tricone said:

Hello,

It seems that since the update i can't add a gaming device in the Geo-Filter function.

When i go in to add advice there are no devices shown.

Clear your browser cache/cookies and you should be able to load the devices and select them.

On 6/5/2024 at 6:51 PM, A_F said:

May be best to factory reset as it's a big jump in firmware and should then run smoother.

5 hours ago, euphidra said:

@Netduma Alex @Netduma Fraser

The allow ping feature does not work even if you enable or disable the ShieldsUP test! from Ping Reply (test failed). While on the modem without router it would be the ipv4 ping response function that if I deactivate Ping Reply from (passed test).

GRC | ShieldsUP! — Internet Vulnerability Profiling  

Thanks, I will pass that onto the team to take a look at. 

3 hours ago, paganister said:

Hey, here you go. Salt city is where that big icon is (I presume the host) and my ping is 4ms on the right. Any ideas?

If you click on the device there, does it show filtering is enabled?

3 hours ago, COD WARFARE said:

Was getting open nat using UPNP on the pre-release version, now on this version I'm getting double nat again and having to use a DMZ.

Disable IPv6 in LAN/WAN and it should work then.

1 hour ago, daniel S said:

Hey, hoping someone can help. I've uploaded the new firmware but I'm still greeted with hybrid VPN not ready yet with a link to an old forum from release.its like non of the features are showing?

Clear your browser cache/cookies and you should be able to see it then.