NEW R3 FIRMWARE - 4.0.219

Hey fellas, is this the RC that was provided in the early access section or something which includes further changes?

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, Luis Gomes said:

Hey fellas, is this the RC that was provided in the early access section or something which includes further changes?

It's the exact same as the one in Early Access so if you're already on it there is no need to upgrade - unless you want to get rid of the remote logging

13 minutes ago, Aspect of Wrath said:

Im still using .41 because i got it to work without issues, is the new firmware just fixes for bugs/gliches or are there improvements that will help with online gaming?

Hi ! As the changelog indicates there is a lot of improvement on this FW, so the decision is up to you, at worst you can always go back to FW.41!

6 minutes ago, Fuzy said:

Hi ! As the changelog indicates there is a lot of improvement on this FW, so the decision is up to you, at worst you can always go back to FW.41!

Good to hear can't wait to try it!! Hopefully someone posts a review on the improvements, im going to wait a day or two to check if any major issues show up in the forums before i try it.

@Netduma Alex @Netduma Fraser @Netduma Greg

I did a factory reset but the problem with the VPN persists. The problem if is a problem that the ping graph does not appear. Stabilize steady ping but then wait for host. After a while it stabilizes. I attach log file.

Bufferbloat.

https://www.waveform.com/tools/bufferbloat?test-id=42fe6008-bc0d-4fba-b454-24674a12f98c

R3_2024-05-31T00_20_26.419Z_logs.txt

• Administrators
16 hours ago, DARKNESS said:

@Netduma FraserJust a heads up update the latest firmware list and the netduma site

Thanks for the reminder, done!

13 hours ago, euphidra said:

@Netduma Alex @Netduma Fraser @Netduma Greg

I did a factory reset but the problem with the VPN persists. The problem if is a problem that the ping graph does not appear. Stabilize steady ping but then wait for host. After a while it stabilizes. I attach log file.

Bufferbloat.

https://www.waveform.com/tools/bufferbloat?test-id=42fe6008-bc0d-4fba-b454-24674a12f98c

R3_2024-05-31T00_20_26.419Z_logs.txt 100.63 kB · 2 downloads

We'll be looking into HVPN a bit more but it does make sense that you wouldn't be able to ping the server correctly when using the VPN but if we can we'll sort that 

Hey - thanks for the hard work on the new firmware!

Just playing MW3 multiplayer at the minute, and noticed that I'm connected to a New York server even though I have most of Europe selected here on the Geo-filter.

Any ideas if I'm doing something wrong? Thanks!

image.thumb.png.6fe3fbc767f47cd5af82be60b8d52ee4.png

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, paganister said:

Hey - thanks for the hard work on the new firmware!

Just playing MW3 multiplayer at the minute, and noticed that I'm connected to a New York server even though I have most of Europe selected here on the Geo-filter.

Any ideas if I'm doing something wrong? Thanks!

• Disable GeoLatency
  • Disable PingAssist (set it to 0,0)
  • Enable Strict Mode
  • Disable Fast Search
  • Use Simple instead of Custom radius

Then restart game or wait 10 minutes (in the lobby in the game). If that doesn't work, reboot PC/Console and it should work then.

6 minutes ago, VanillaCokeZz said:

For me worst Firmware. Can’t find any lobby’s, WiFi sometimes disconnects, high ping lobby’s + packetloss when found. For me big L firmware

I've responded to you in the other topic

7 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks for the reminder, done!

We'll be looking into HVPN a bit more but it does make sense that you wouldn't be able to ping the server correctly when using the VPN but if we can we'll sort that 

Ok. Thank you.

for the upnp relay, does this only work if our isp gateway is in bridge mode? because i dont and i just have it doing what it normally does i just turned off the wifi radios and connected the r3 to the port as a lan device and into the r3s wan port, i still get moderate nat unless i put my console in the r3s dmz. the only reason i use my setup like this is because i use a tplink deco mesh system for the house and it takes advantage of my internet plans full speed with its 2.5g wan port, i have it in AP mode so the isp gateway does the ip routing for any thing that connects to it, then i have the r3 connected to the isp gateway as well but i use it more as a switch with only my game console plugged into it and with it still giving out the ip and having my ps5 reserved in the dhcp addresses, but like i said this way i cant get an open nat unless i put the ps5 in the r3 dmz all the features work like they should still, i also have the r3s ip address that the isp gateway gave it in the isp gateways dmz as well. please tell me if im doing something wrong or is this just the only way i can get open nat and upnp is just inoperable due to my setup? if there is a better way to have my setup that still gets my internet plans full speeds please let me know or if there is a better setup at all in that case plpease let me know. sorry for dragging this on just wanted to be as thorough as i could to better understand my situation and to also inform you guys of upnp not necessarily working for me.

• Administrators

The UPnP relay aspect would be very helpful in a scenario where the ISP modem/router is inaccessible so you can't set it in modem/bridge/DMZ etc if you do have access I would personally still recommend you set it up in this way but in theory it's not necessary now. 

What you have done is fine though, you can use UPnP, Port Forwarding or DMZ on the R3 to get an Open NAT and given you just have the console connected to the R3 that's probably how I'd set it up too. If you want to try with just UPnP reboot the R3, wait 2 minutes then reboot the console and see if it is open then.

13 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:
  • Disable GeoLatency
  • Disable PingAssist (set it to 0,0)
  • Enable Strict Mode
  • Disable Fast Search
  • Use Simple instead of Custom radius

Then restart game or wait 10 minutes (in the lobby in the game). If that doesn't work, reboot PC/Console and it should work then.

Maybe I'm being thick, but where's all these options (I know where Custom radius is)? Thanks. 

Edit: Found them. I'll let you know how it goes. Strict Mode was already on FYI.

image.png

Hmm it still seems to happen. And the ping is definitely wrong here too as it's definitely not 4ms to me to New York lol (it's 75 ms in game)

P.s. let me know if I should make a new topic to troubleshoot

image.thumb.png.2fbfae102a23c408139e24889ae2bd5e.png

• Administrators
4 hours ago, paganister said:

Hmm it still seems to happen. And the ping is definitely wrong here too as it's definitely not 4ms to me to New York lol (it's 75 ms in game)

P.s. let me know if I should make a new topic to troubleshoot

Did you do this? Then restart game or wait 10 minutes (in the lobby in the game). If that doesn't work, reboot PC/Console and it should work then. As that is important - you have to make sure the Geo-Filter is enabled before you launch the game/console.

1 hour ago, jorlanjorge said:

it get worst on my gameplay im elite player in FC 24 console ps5 after i update the firmware last night, i also reset to factory settings all my gameplay mode are LAG on upload and higher PING. i wanna go back to previous Firmware but it always gets error... pls help as my Weekend League is disaster now even my elite division is a disaster too

I've responded to your topic

Hi Netduma team

UPNP- is still an issue for xbox devices. The R3 is my main router so it is connected with PPPOE.

Nat type still shows either unavailable or getting details

20240601_225915.jpg

20240601_225904.jpg

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, ExcellentZERO said:

Hi Netduma team

UPNP- is still an issue for xbox devices. The R3 is my main router so it is connected with PPPOE.

Nat type still shows either unavailable or getting details

Disable IPv6 in LAN/WAN, does UPnP work then?

38 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Disable IPv6 in LAN/WAN, does UPnP work then?

Hi Fraser

sorry for the late reply was gaming and testing out things.

No it did not work, also I still connect to different servers outside my custom geo filter.

• Administrators
57 minutes ago, ExcellentZERO said:

Hi Fraser

sorry for the late reply was gaming and testing out things.

No it did not work, also I still connect to different servers outside my custom geo filter.

Do the above for Geo, for UPnP reboot the router, wait 2 minutes then reboot your gaming device, wait 2 minutes and see if it works then please. Also is the R3 in the DMZ on your main router?

7 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Do the above for Geo, for UPnP reboot the router, wait 2 minutes then reboot your gaming device, wait 2 minutes and see if it works then please. Also is the R3 in the DMZ on your main router?

Hi fraser 

I have done a reboot more than 4 times last night. still not working. the R3 is my main router now. it's not connected to another router. no DMZ is not enabled.