Call of duty Mw weird lag

Not sure why I’m lagging could be my provider or something no one else in game lags but me it happens like once a game going from 14-20 ping to like 400-500 for like 2-3 seconds no one is on the internet besides me not downloading anything etc 1G/1G fiber  Here is logs not sure if it would show up in there or not 

Not sure if anything can be done .txt

Hi !

If this happens often, and on different game servers, it may in fact be caused upstream by your ISP!

41 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Are you seeing the ping spike in game or on the Geo-Filter or both?

I’m not sure it just happens randomly I spent like a couple hours messing with ping optimizer and sometimes this comes 

IMG_3556.png

@TearingLooking at the graph it seems to be your upstream that being affected try decreasing your upload on congestion control and saturate your connection and see if the same thing happens. To add I don't recommend using ping optimizer as it not 100% accurate in my line it ways off by a large margin as when congestion happens it causes packet loss by 1% which might infer as high ping spike if not set properly.

@TearingAnother thing Set CC to always and disable speed test bypass you can check out https://www.waveform.com/tools/bufferbloat as it more reliable when testing connections though of course it not the professional way it just easier to do. If you want to diagnose your ISP and or optimize professionally use https://www.pingplotter.com/

3 hours ago, Tearing said:

I’m not sure it just happens randomly I spent like a couple hours messing with ping optimizer and sometimes this comes 

IMG_3556.png

I have the same problem, but I'm not spiking like that. I noticed that since December, my MW3 ping has stayed at 20+ all the time, and before I upgraded to the R3, I always played in 11-13. Another thing is that the servers show Philadelphia, but MW3 does not have servers in Philly; they are in Long Branch, NJ, which does not make sense to me.

My speed is 2k down and 200 up. If I test with an Asus Rauter, my ping is 13, but if I test or optimize it with the R3, it is consistently above 20. Another thing that does not make sense to me .

• Administrators

Check the ping on the Geo-Filter and in game when it happens, that'll give us a better idea of what is happening. 

4 hours ago, humer101 said:

I have the same problem, but I'm not spiking like that. I noticed that since December, my MW3 ping has stayed at 20+ all the time, and before I upgraded to the R3, I always played in 11-13. Another thing is that the servers show Philadelphia, but MW3 does not have servers in Philly; they are in Long Branch, NJ, which does not make sense to me.

My speed is 2k down and 200 up. If I test with an Asus Rauter, my ping is 13, but if I test or optimize it with the R3, it is consistently above 20. Another thing that does not make sense to me .

You'll likely need to upgrade to the latest and that will help: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/53938-new-r3-firmware-4041/

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Check the ping on the Geo-Filter and in game when it happens, that'll give us a better idea of what is happening. 

You'll likely need to upgrade to the latest and that will help: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/53938-new-r3-firmware-4041/

I upgraded to V 4.0.41 some time ago, and it's still the same. The servers are in the wrong State or place, and the ping is the same.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Tearing said:

Yes shows up geo filter

That looks very similar to that Ping Optimizer graph so I think you'll need to adjust the percentages manually in Ping Optimizer > Advanced, start with 70% for both download/upload and see if you notice it again.

1 hour ago, humer101 said:

I upgraded to V 4.0.41 some time ago, and it's still the same. The servers are in the wrong State or place, and the ping is the same.

Best to make a new topic and we can help you better there but if you provide the IDs of those servers we can correct them. 

What is the model of the modem/router the R3 is connected to and how have you set that to ensure all traffic flows to the R3? E.g. R3 in its DMZ, modem/bridge mode

If you use an RX100, you see the servers are in Long Branch, NJ; I know they are there because I do service in that building. Anyway, there are so many that I know even if I provide each ID, you guys will not do anything. I don't know who got the idea to put the servers in Phily to begin. The slides were downloaded 58% and uploaded 78%. I have an A+ 9 of the ten times in bufferbload.

• Administrators
54 minutes ago, humer101 said:

If you use an RX100, you see the servers are in Long Branch, NJ; I know they are there because I do service in that building. Anyway, there are so many that I know even if I provide each ID, you guys will not do anything. I don't know who got the idea to put the servers in Phily to begin. The slides were downloaded 58% and uploaded 78%. I have an A+ 9 of the ten times in bufferbload.

We'll definitely get them corrected if provided. That part was for the OP, what's the setup you're using?

To Fraser,

ID  UGLTZM-UGLU62-UGLUU1U-IGIY15-U16JSJ-U16KBK-UGLU2K-UGLU60-UGLU2S-UGLTZC-UGLU51-U16KC1-UGLU0A-17FXXTZ-UGLU5K-UGLU0U- 

I play on those servers today, and i believe that is much more.

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, humer101 said:

To Fraser,

ID  UGLTZM-UGLU62-UGLUU1U-IGIY15-U16JSJ-U16KBK-UGLU2K-UGLU60-UGLU2S-UGLTZC-UGLU51-U16KC1-UGLU0A-17FXXTZ-UGLU5K-UGLU0U- 

I play on those servers today, and i believe that is much more.

That's great thank you

On 4/13/2024 at 6:03 AM, DARKNESS said:

@TearingAnother thing Set CC to always and disable speed test bypass you can check out https://www.waveform.com/tools/bufferbloat as it more reliable when testing connections though of course it not the professional way it just easier to do. If you want to diagnose your ISP and or optimize professionally use https://www.pingplotter.com/

I dont know why but my speed test bypass isnt showing...if i scroll down...my screen stops at the options to set CC to auto or always...not sure why speed test bypass disappeared..its strange

• Administrators
1 hour ago, David824 said:

I dont know why but my speed test bypass isnt showing...if i scroll down...my screen stops at the options to set CC to auto or always...not sure why speed test bypass disappeared..its strange

Right click the page, then go to Inspect (Element), on the window that appears click on the Network tab. Then click the checkbox to disable cache. Then click and hold the browser refresh button, and click Empty Cache and Hard Reload. Then see if it loads correctly please.

36 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Right click the page, then go to Inspect (Element), on the window that appears click on the Network tab. Then click the checkbox to disable cache. Then click and hold the browser refresh button, and click Empty Cache and Hard Reload. Then see if it loads correctly please.

Thanks Fraser!...that fixed it....should I unclick the disable cache though?

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, David824 said:

Thanks Fraser!...that fixed it....should I unclick the disable cache though?

You can just close that window, you don't need to uncheck it but you can if you wish - it'll only apply when that window is open