ETA on new firmware with actual fixes

GavinA895

2 hours ago, GavinA895 said:

Is it a 10/10 hit rate for the DumaOS not loading issue ? I.e everyone having it or only some ? 

I thought this was very widespread so shouldn’t be too hard to reproduce. The Wifi one I can understand, especially since people who have both can’t assist with logs due to the above one making it harder to reproduce.

Not a 10/10 hit rate.

I have two R3's.

I'm not saying the problems people have highlighted aren't real. There are all types of internal network setups out there without even talking about all the different ISPs or connection types etc etc. 

I get the frustration if it's happening to you and some others, I'm in no way side lining peoples issues. 

Regarding my experience:

One R3 was bought on launch (10 minutes from go live), and another a received a couple of weeks later for a second site i'm at for some of the week. 

Keep inmind both sites have different ISPs and connections (FTTC and FTTP) but both PPPoE.

Never seen a Duma not loading screen on one (on any firmware), and on the other it's happened once after almost two weeks of running .41.

I like to add the R3 recovered from this, but I wanted to see what would happen if I didn't power down the unit. Took 35 minutes, but did allow me to get into the UI after. While this was happening I still had internet. On that front, I have never lost internet or LAN connectivity on either units.

(There was an issue on the initial launch firmware and setup wizard. However,  Netduma support jumped right on it, remoted in and got me passed that screen) - VLAN ID and boot loop issue after going through the setup screens, but that was on like .16 and I was off playing games 10 minutes later.

Never seen random disconnects on Wifi on either units. One is in a challenging area, with a lot of competing wifi including from multiple businesses, houses and flats next to a main road with cars and lorries going by all the time.

The range of the R3 is a different matter,playing nice with smart devices like a Ring doorbell and devices talking to each other. That needs sorting, but I know Netduma are working on it and am confident it will get resolved.

Point 4 regarding guest wifi i get.

Ping Optimizer, mine runs on both but mainly sets to 99% so I just adjust this manually to what I want.

Steady ping I have been using on both in BF2042 and works but can go a bit wonky after a week for me, so have disabled this for now for testing hit reg using other settings.

I don't bother with, or not really tried Geo-filter server restrictions too much  on the R3 (just set the circle to 1337, cause you know haha). Basically, pretty much all BF2042 servers are on AWS servers in Germany. However, I get it, It's a feature and other games have servers dotted around the world and it's feature so want it working. 

I have other gaming routers that I have tinkered with, like most people here who love to game and experiment (x4 routers just in the room I'm sitting in right now (e.g Asus GT-AX6000), without even talking about the ones packed away). Bottom line when all said in done, I find the best hit reg experience with the Netduma units.

-YODA

• Administrators
2 hours ago, GavinA895 said:

Is it a 10/10 hit rate for the DumaOS not loading issue ? I.e everyone having it or only some ? 

I thought this was very widespread so shouldn’t be too hard to reproduce. The Wifi one I can understand, especially since people who have both can’t assist with logs due to the above one making it harder to reproduce.

No definitely not everyone, I don't have the issue either. I have to remind myself as well sometimes but when looking at the support forum you're only going to see people with issues and that percentage of the customer base is very small compared to those that aren't posting/commenting.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Rizzo777 said:

Honestly don't know how much longer I can take this .23 firmware its horrendous please just give us some kind of time frame. 

There is .41 you can use. I don't have a time frame, I won't be giving out ETAs any longer, I'm sure it won't be long but the more we rush firmware the more likely it is to introduce new issues

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

There is .41 you can use. I don't have a time frame, I won't be giving out ETAs any longer, I'm sure it won't be long but the more we rush firmware the more likely it is to introduce new issues

I understand but iv tried the .41 and I lose wifi connection on most on the devices in my house its why iv had to downgrade.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Rizzo777 said:

I understand but iv tried the .41 and I lose wifi connection on most on the devices in my house its why iv had to downgrade.

Try giving them reserved IP addresses in DHCP and see if that prevents it

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, GavinA895 said:

So now that February is also nearly finished.... Any chance of the "new" firmware arriving in the next 2-3 days ? or we waiting for March 

Please refer to @Netduma Fraserpost above. The next firmware is being worked on but the release date is unknown. 

• Administrators
54 minutes ago, GavinA895 said:

So now that February is also nearly finished.... Any chance of the "new" firmware arriving in the next 2-3 days ? or we waiting for March 

Shouldn't be too much longer but we're not giving any ETAs/rushing anything out