• 1 month later...

I am also unable to use IPv6 on R3.

Function is enabled in Windows 11, I tried disabling IPv6 on the Lan and restarting the router, but it remains inoperative as you can see in the image below:

ipv6.thumb.jpg.15b00ae191d9cfdbe37fa20129b923de.jpg

My provider already has the IPv6 service active, I used it on my other router.

Any other tips on how to activate IPv6?

@Fuzy I do not care one way or the other. Mine has been disabled for months. I have no plans of enabling it in the near future. 

I usually am the odd guy out on this but I use IPV6 exclusively.. My gaming by far is better using IPV6.. But im also playing on the Xbox.. 

There are factors to get it to work correctly though. And one key factor is to have a hostname tied to your IPV6 account.. An ideally have a Native IPV6 connection..  Not to mention functioning DNS servers.. 

What many dont understand is if you have a good working IPV6 one will get an Open NAT on Xbox because IPV6 doesnt use NAT..  

If you have to enable UPNP or use port forwarding to get an Open NAT using IPV6 then your not using IPV6 or its not functioning properly.. You should get an Open NAT with out using any of those.. Ive tested this on Netgear and ASUS routers and always had good results.

The R3 will get there! 👍

Thanks!

Zippy.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Proud R3 Owner said:

Just wanted to share, I do have ipv6 available from my ISP. However, when I give the R3 an ipv6 address through dhcp6 or slaac, it only distributes link local addresses (fe, fd). 

Does the ISP router have other options for IPv6 that result in proper IPv6 through the R3?

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Does the ISP router have other options for IPv6 that result in proper IPv6 through the R3?

I'm not using an ISP router. I'm using a Motorola mb8611 > tp-link archer ax11000 > R3 (DMZ). TP-LINK router gets a good ip6 and can distribute via slaac wired and wireless I've checked that. When going into the R3 via DMZ however the R3 will only provide a fd/fe ip link local only. I've tried with slaac and dhcp6 on the tp-link. Imo slaac should work but it's not.

• Administrators
33 minutes ago, Proud R3 Owner said:

@Netduma Fraser

I was playing around with some settings last night. I was able to see the ip6 address as my public address in the R3 but alas the ip6 addresses the R3 was giving out were only link local again. 

If you're getting a public IPv6 address through the R3 then that's all you need, you are using IPv6

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you're getting a public IPv6 address through the R3 then that's all you need, you are using IPv6

No, I see the IPv6 on the R3 but it's only giving me link local addresses over the network. Only getting fe: and fd: address from the R3. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Proud R3 Owner said:

That's correct. 

I doubt it would make a difference but could you disable QoS completely from the SmartBOOST menu  and see if that helps please?