1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The fd72 is actually a LAN IPv6 address

@Netduma Fraser

fd and fe addresses are link local only Fraser. You wont be able to access anything outside of your local network using those (i.e. websites using ip6, online games using ip6). Hence why were not able to pass the ipv6 tests bud.

@Proud R3 Owner

That would make sense that those are link local.. What you are looking for are public IPV6 addresses.. Usually starting with a number.. Like 2606 ect ect.. I dont think one can get IPV6 to work when cascading one router to another router. That would break IPV6 if all devices are connected to the last router in the cascade..

What you would have to do in order to get IPV6 to work in your case would be to have your setup like this.. Cable Modem>R3>All Devices connected to the R3.. Then you would get a good working IPV6..

What I would do though is wait a bit for the next new firmware drop for the R3.. Then have your R3 as you main router and have it connected like I stated above..

Hope this helps with what im saying.. If you have any other questions feel free to ask. :) 

Thanks!

Zippy.

1 hour ago, Zippy said:

@Proud R3 Owner

That would make sense that those are link local.. What you are looking for are public IPV6 addresses.. Usually starting with a number.. Like 2606 ect ect.. I dont think one can get IPV6 to work when cascading one router to another router. That would break IPV6 if all devices are connected to the last router in the cascade..

What you would have to do in order to get IPV6 to work in your case would be to have your setup like this.. Cable Modem>R3>All Devices connected to the R3.. Then you would get a good working IPV6..

What I would do though is wait a bit for the next new firmware drop for the R3.. Then have your R3 as you main router and have it connected like I stated above..

Hope this helps with what im saying.. If you have any other questions feel free to ask. :) 

Thanks!

Zippy.

I get that and honestly I have had that setup and yes ip6 did work. I use another router as an IPS device and pass the R3 through DMZ. I can see the ip6 in the R3 (2600: public ip) but I'm not sure if the R3 is using slaac or just dhcp6 on LAN as I should be able to get a public ip6 using stateless DHCP/slaac on the LAN of the other router I would assume. Not that I really need ip6 and it does mess up some cc features right now but it was just some food for thought honestly.

2 hours ago, Proud R3 Owner said:

I get that and honestly I have had that setup and yes ip6 did work. I use another router as an IPS device and pass the R3 through DMZ. I can see the ip6 in the R3 (2600: public ip) but I'm not sure if the R3 is using slaac or just dhcp6 on LAN as I should be able to get a public ip6 using stateless DHCP/slaac on the LAN of the other router I would assume. Not that I really need ip6 and it does mess up some cc features right now but it was just some food for thought honestly.

What happens when you disable IPV6 on LAN only on the R3 and leave IPV6 enabled on the WAN only of the R3..  Do you then get IPV6 to work in that configuration? 

IPV6 does still need work as you mentioned though along with some other tweaks..

My setup is Cable Modem>R3 so I do get a good score with this on IPV6 tests.. 20/20 and 10/10 on those popular sites.. I use this because my Xbox responds well for me when using IPV6..  

Zippy.

14 hours ago, Zippy said:

What happens when you disable IPV6 on LAN only on the R3 and leave IPV6 enabled on the WAN only of the R3..  Do you then get IPV6 to work in that configuration? 

IPV6 does still need work as you mentioned though along with some other tweaks..

My setup is Cable Modem>R3 so I do get a good score with this on IPV6 tests.. 20/20 and 10/10 on those popular sites.. I use this because my Xbox responds well for me when using IPV6..  

Zippy.

Yes I too have had successful results when connecting the R3 directly to the modem. It's just trying to pass that ip6 through from my tp-link archer ax11000 to the R3 isn't working right for some reason. I've used dhcp6, slaac/stateless and slaac/rdnss. The one that works is dhcp6 but the R3 is only distributing link local addresses. 

Screenshot_20240317-154236.png

Screenshot_20240317-154352.png

• 2 weeks later...

I tried everything to activate my IPv6 and I couldn't.

My ISP supports it, I use it on my previous router, but it doesn't work on the R3.

I've already tried to turn on IPv6 only on the WAN, I've tried to turn on the WAN and LAN, I've tried to disable all the router's functions (smartboost, geofilter, steady ping) and IPv6 doesn't work at all.

Any tips?