DUMAOS 4.0 on the NETGEAR XR1000 router?

Hi I have a question. Will the DUMAOS 4.0 supported for the NETGEAR XR1000 router in the future. A lot of people are waiting more than 3 years for the hybridvpn function on the router.

I heard also something that netgear will not be supported anymore.  Is this true?

Met Foxit

@hell12309Partnership disagreements and lack of support by netgear summarizes the discontinuation of the OS from my understanding though am sure they could port dumaos 4 however it really just slowing down updates on the R models and innovation. If netgear wanted they could make a statement but clearly there nowhere to be found....

You should stop commenting with lame assumptions... Apart from the management of netduma and netgear. Nobody knows the ins and outs...

It was announced upon release of R3 that DumaOS 4.0 will not be ported to the XR series.

@FuzySo if I assume that there isn't support for the netgear products when they clearly stated it themselves what does that exactly mean buddy? You could say it an assumption but when it a statement you can't necessarily say it an assumption not saying they will not have further partnerships if there are changes but from the sound of things it seems that way.

Statement

However, for Nighthawk Pro Gaming routers, we have some more unfortunate news: as things stand, DumaOS 4 will not be coming to these units. As you can probably tell, it has been a challenge getting these models onto DumaOS 3.3, for reasons outside of our control.

On 12/27/2023 at 4:17 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

No it won't be coming to the XR series unfortunately. You will receive 3.3 soon which should include HybridVPN and from there probably bug fixes but I don't think there will be any further feature updates

Soon I'm hoping before the 11th of this month because the 11th I go get surgery and will be down and out for awhile so hoping to put it on the router before I go in!

• Administrators
On 12/31/2023 at 5:59 AM, hell12309 said:

Are you serious right now Fraser that's really frustrating I'm going to have to get the r series then the XR series should receive this update though because the xr1000 is the newest router that receives all the specs except RGB do you know the reason why the dumaOS 4.0 won't go to XR series

I don't know the specifics no but to get 3.3 on it was a challenge and we were waiting for things to be done that weren't necessarily in our control

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, hell12309 said:

Okay I guess whenever I get time I'll get the r3 router I just really don't like the aesthetics of the design where the antennas are

am i right in saying it is not even WIFI6e or WIFI7. seem like old tech before it even came out to the market. 
even seem to have low RAM and flash. i know XR1000 seem to have some RAM issues but i am guessing it is running netgear and dumaos but u would think they would give it 512mb of each to future proof it a bit more. 

also 1Gb Lan ports in this day and age when IPS are giving over 1GB connects.

6 hours ago, Caution said:

am i right in saying it is not even WIFI6e or WIFI7. seem like old tech before it even came out to the market. 
even seem to have low RAM and flash. i know XR1000 seem to have some RAM issues but i am guessing it is running netgear and dumaos but u would think they would give it 512mb of each to future proof it a bit more. 

also 1Gb Lan ports in this day and age when IPS are giving over 1GB connects.

WiFi 7 is still in its early stages. Early adopters always end up with first gen chipsets so it’s best to wait for it to mature plus until you have clients to support this in any numbers it’s not really a rush.

6E while it does offer better throughput and latency is range dependant. WiFi 7 will improve this by the nature of how it utilises the channels and bands.

1Gb is still plenty, if you require more then there are plenty of other routers or home network equipment that can be deployed along side the R3. The question is does a normal household require more than a gig for daily use and if it’s for more business centred then you would be wise to have a more secure network and equipment to suit. 

Ram is subjective. Yes greater number of clients and throughput may well require more but Duma is not collecting historical logs from every aspect of the routers connectivity. It’s not designed to handle 200 plus clients, or running services more applicable to enterprise level networking. It’s running a basic home network with concentration on gaming and normal house hold activities.  True more ram would give a buffer but in reality any ram not used is wasted.