R3 Stuck on bootlop first time booting

DARKNESS

@Netduma FraserThought this would've been a smooth experience clearly it wasn't had to do a hard reset and now it up and running however I noticed there are more issues than expected such as the following

• Congestion control your not allowed to go below 50%
  • Ping optimizer not doing anything and saying ping is optimal/failing to do ping test
  • SSID having to be longer than one letter
  • In addition did you guys remove the log section? So then how would replicate the issues found by users doesn't make any sense at all

• Administrators

CC yes that's expected - I don't know whether that'll be allowed in future or not, in theory it shouldn't be needed now with Smart Boost.

Are you using PPPoE/did you enter PPPoE in the Setup Wizard? Is the issue just in the Setup Wizard or main interface?

Is SSID being 1 character an important use case for you? I'm sure we can resolve that quickly if it is.

Logs are in Settings > Troubleshooting > Advanced > System Logs

@Netduma Fraser

1. No it DHCP and it was stuck on main interference
  2. As for cc there should be the option for advanced users
  3. I like simplicity and I had the my network named X and now it can't because your forced to have 3 letters
  4. There no option called troubleshooting in settings all you see is the following

Screenshot 2023-12-14 at 5.08.57 PM.png

• Administrators

The infinite loading on the Setup Wizard will be fixed for the next version going out tomorrow. I'll pass along the thoughts about CC and see if we can get WiFi SSID shorter.

Scroll down on the left on the settings box there are more settings - disable your Adblocker for the interface, may have blocked the scroll bar which shows that it can be done - may also be blocking Ping Optimizer 

@Netduma FraserSo pros about R3 as of currently that I've found

1. Speeds match the XR1000 about 600mbs+
  2. Best feature Steady Ping seems to do it best to stabilize ping however I recommend just using expert and forcing the ping as it more stable even though it might not fully stabilize
  3. Geo filter 2.0 now works with ping assist for most games
  4. UI is responsive as long as it works as intended

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, DARKNESS said:

@Netduma FraserSo pros about R3 as of currently that I've found

1. Speeds match the XR1000 about 600mbs+
  2. Best feature Steady Ping seems to do it best to stabilize ping however I recommend just using expert and forcing the ping as it more stable even though it might not fully stabilize
  3. Geo filter 2.0 now works with ping assist for most games
  4. UI is responsive as long as it works as intended

Great feedback thanks! Yes that's why we included that expert mode so people can experiment and find the value that works best for them

@Netduma FraserPing optimizer definitely seems to be having issues on both the app/browser it says encountered issues after running and on the browser version it doesn't do anything here the log that using the expert and simple

R3_2023-12-14T23 55 52.856Z_logs.txt

Edited by DARKNESS

• Administrators

There are a few things:

1. Improved Ping Assist, not only can you now specify a range but its quicker and more reliable in getting you a game within that range and stopping you getting games outside of it such as on the R2.
  2. Steady Ping, gives you a steady ping by using a buffer, for example you have a 25ms ping to the game but it's jittery/spiky, steady ping gives you 30ms and uses that difference in ping (buffer) to absorb the unsteadiness so you never notice it. 
  3. Geo-Latency, allows you to filter games that were previously unfilterable such as Fortnite, Halo Infinite, Destiny 2 etc by utilizing a latency based filtering method

I see you're trying creative there, do you get the same before it you search for a normal game?

@FuzyIt interesting since if the cc is maxed it won't do anything but if you change the cc to like 50% it starts working however this doesn't occur all the time I think it might be just making one ping when it say's it optimizing and if it thinks it optimal it just says it optimal and doesn't do the testing etc

Edited by DARKNESS

@FuzyIf you think about it that might be why it failing since it basing it off a first ping in order for it to function instead of doing the benchmark and figuring out the optimal cc even if it just repeating itself though I might be wrong just something I think is occurring.

It’s great to hear it’s working for you!

Rapidly repeated testing may simply cause the error.

I don't know your bandwidth speeds but 70/70% is the best compromise to avoid a bottleneck as a general rule.

• Administrators
8 hours ago, DARKNESS said:

@Netduma FraserHere a screenshot of the ping optimizer failing encountered issues I was able to get the prompt on the browser/app I already know it being worked upon just a note this is on v4.0.19

R3_2023-12-17T02 27 23.504Z_logs.txt 112.84 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks for the extra information, I will pass it onto the team!

• Administrators
3 hours ago, DARKNESS said:

@Netduma FraserI know this is minor complaint but can you guys add back the filter size manual adjustment referring were you can type the number instead of adjusting it based on the slider to be more specific on the miles/kilometers like it is on the original geofilter

Thanks for the suggestion, I will add it to the list!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
31 minutes ago, DARKNESS said:

@Netduma FraserFound another bug so if you change your cc and it not applied and then you retry applying it consecutively it will crash the UI were it doesn't respond and requires a refresh or it refreshes itself after few minutes.

R2 CC CRASH + DELAYED WHEN CHANGING.txt 110.86 kB · 0 downloads

How is it not applying exactly?