R3 Stuck on bootlop first time booting

DARKNESS

@Netduma FraserI am not sure if you guys are already aware of this but when closing on tabs and going back to Geofilter the server does not appear on the map to clarify you can see that your connected to the server as it able to ping it just not visible within the map. To add this also occurs on the app you need have the app open to see it on the map live if not it won't appear.

• Administrators
7 hours ago, DARKNESS said:

@Netduma FraserI am not sure if you guys are already aware of this but when closing on tabs and going back to Geofilter the server does not appear on the map to clarify you can see that your connected to the server as it able to ping it just not visible within the map. To add this also occurs on the app you need have the app open to see it on the map live if not it won't appear.

0210.mov

Good catch thank you, I'll pass it onto the team

• Administrators

If your ISP modem/router has WiFi, set it up so that it is in bridge or modem mode, you can also use the DMZ. Copy the WAN IP from the R3 (found in Settings > WAN) and enter it into the DMZ function on the ISP modem/router. Disable IPv6 in LAN/WAN on the R3 and enable remote support in Settings > Troubleshooting. Then post back here from a device connected to the R3 when you've done that and we'll attempt to connect to enable remote logging I think, that may help us catch why it is rebooting itself.

@Netduma Fraser

• So I already had IPV6 disabled on both LAN & WAN from the beginning the router works it just randomly happened a couple times were the UI became inaccessible. To add I still have internet connection when this does occur however you lose access to QOS.
  • To note I have MB8611 so there wouldn't be any additional steps other than enabling remote access and giving you the wan IP correct?

The footage below is when it did occur I captured it just to showcase that was a few days ago though...you can also see the app just giving an internal server error.

@Netduma Fraser

• Alright so I just want to clarify that it is working as intended as of currently as this happens randomly like it can be working fine for a whole week and then it occurs etc and I can't provide log of course do to the inability to acess the UI at the time of the loop.
  • So what I'll do is update you when this crash occurs and leave the router on during that time as am still able to use the internet and you can guys can check whether your able to bypass it and get a log etc.
  • Check DM's give me an update whether your able to access it first though just in case.

• Administrators

We can try that, if it's inaccessible though it's likely DumaOS isn't running properly and so may not be able to access. Also the point of doing it before the issue is so that we get more information as they're enhanced logs, I'm not sure if this would work backwards

• Administrators

Sorry, I missed this, I'll pass the log onto the team and they can check if there is anything useful there, as you got it at the time it happened it may be enough then I can let you know if they need more with remote logging

• Administrators

Log is wiped after the reboot, that's why it'll be good to get remote logging so we get the information prior to the issue happening. If you're okay with that I'll get the team to enable it.

@Netduma Fraser

• So were they able to access it? Looking at my inbox wouldn't you need the wan IP to access, it hasn't been read so I would assume you don't have it or gave the incorrect one.
  • To add about the wan becoming disabled you can add the mtu causing the same issue after reverting to default.

• Administrators

I can see the WAN IP without going into the message, it's also the same as the IP on your post. I didn't hear back about them enabling it, I assume they didn't have the time. A new update will be coming soon though so hopefully it'll be more stable for you but I'll chase them to enable logging on Monday. 

• 1 month later...

@Netduma FraserHey Fraser quick question is Steady Ping supposed to be applying to all the devices on the network or is it specific to detected gaming devices or lastly the devices that you apply to the geofilter?

11 minutes ago, DARKNESS said:

@Netduma FraserHey Fraser quick question is Steady Ping supposed to be applying to all the devices on the network or is it specific to detected gaming devices or lastly the devices that you apply to the geofilter?

Steady ping when enabled only affects devices added to the Geo filter when filtering is enabled for said devices.

• Administrators
53 minutes ago, DARKNESS said:

I was under the impression it was the above, that makes sense right? However, no, apparently it does apply to all devices and I have no idea why that decision was made. I am trying to get that changed.

Honestly if they were going to implement steady ping as a network wide service, you'd think they'd make it's own menu item like Geo filter, smart boost or adblocker. Actually that's a pretty good idea to use the adblocker menu as a template as you could enable or disable it at the device level.