Aim assist on Xbox series x with XR500

Rozay

This is gonna be a really dumb thing on my part to bring up so I'm gonna preface this. Over the last couple weeks since the new update on warzone. I seem to get practically no aim assist. I went into the settings and triple checked everything. Everything is the same. I had switched to using my old Linksys router and it was doing great until it wasn't. So I switched back to my XR500 and seem to have no aim assist in game. It's a noticeable difference. 

Now when I bypass the router and connect my Xbox straight to the modem my connection on top of hit registration and aim assist feels amazing. But when I have the XR500 connected in between. It seems to disappear. My Xr500 is running .34 firmware. I have the spectrum gigabyte service. Brand new CAT8 cables all around. Checked all settings and nothing changed. I know I'm not a bad player either just a bit frustrated. 

I just want to know how I can fix that. Or get the same gameplay feeling such as when I directly connect to the modem.

I added my stats from last season. Since this season the stats are bugged. Just to indicate I'm not a bad player or on a delivery because I play consistently. I just don't know what it could be. 

F3O-OvhW4AAIKPL.png

@Netduma Fraser couple of weeks ago you had given me the beta access file and I tried that but things had seems to get worse. So I had outed the XR500 for a bit and factory reset it to the .34 firmware which seems the most stable. Hit registration and everything else feels sluggish. Unless the R2 is the way to go.

That just placebo or the game being broken the way aim assist works for controller is when you move your character while aiming the stick it pulls you towards the player somewhat it not aimbot it an assist so if you are not precise with your aim then that your problem.Though knowing activision tactics it can just be the simple fact there manipulating your matches to an extent.

Yes, aim assist, in various games, has been prone to using the movement of YOUR character along with the movement of your opponent to kick in the aim assist. When you're moving and aiming, you get the assist, especially when your target is moving. Now, some games(not just COD) may give more or less, aim assist. But, one thing is certain, COD seem to be at the top when it comes to the amount of aim assist the player is giving. But, also as of recently, has been questionable from some patents that surface over the years. Another theory being that since the NEW WarZone is about to kick off, some things may be happening with the servers and getting them all ready for the next installment/release. But again, this is just a theory. So right now, I would say. Give factory reset another go around. Also, it doesn't hurt to disable IPv6, if you haven't already. I do know Xbox seems to be more keen to utilizing IPv6. Even if it's not directly correlated to the game. But, I do feel most of the issues may be ironed-out come November 10th.

7 hours ago, DARKNESS said:

That just placebo or the game being broken the way aim assist works for controller is when you move your character while aiming the stick it pulls you towards the player somewhat it not aimbot it an assist so if you are not precise with your aim then that your problem.Though knowing activision tactics it can just be the simple fact there manipulating your matches to an extent.

some help ? if you play on PC with a controller + DS4 Windows it's literally a legal aimbot, I don't want to start a debate but it's a damn ironic remark...

@TrayDayit seems that it happens on all the games now. I thought it was a placebo but earlier I had my friends over and they tried it out and felt the same as well. 

I don't know if it's SBMM but it differs from match to match in cod. Never consistent. It feel loose if that's a way to put it. 

I see alot of video where people are saying it's legal aimbot. I just don't get that type of effect. 

It's not just cod but all the other games too.

The more settings I mess with on the XR500 the more it becomes worse. Especially when traffic prio is on. 

36 minutes ago, Rozay said:

@TrayDayParece que ahora sucede en todos los juegos. Pensé que era un placebo, pero antes invité a mis amigos y lo probaron y sintieron lo mismo también. 

No sé si es SBMM pero difiere de un partido a otro en bacalao. Nunca consistente. Se siente flojo si esa es una forma de decirlo. 

Veo muchos videos en los que la gente dice que es un aimbot legal. Simplemente no consigo ese tipo de efecto. 

No se trata sólo del bacalao, sino también de todos los demás juegos.

Cuantas más configuraciones modifico en el XR500, peor empeora. Especialmente cuando el tráfico 

There are rumors that cod, if you are a good player, can modify your ping, sound and even your aim assist, your statistics are not bad.

What I suggest you try is to activate geolocation but on servers that are far away or have a higher ping than what you usually go to and also activate a VPN.

With this you can see if it is cod or the xr500

@LocosanoMouse and keyboard is superior by all means personally I rather have no aim assist since it pulls your aim to the wrong spot when targeting several players though there are certain users who prefer it so there that it all about preference and the type of game your playing cod is majority dominated by controller if am correct. Though the real cheesy part is that there are users who abuse the system by tricking the system to think there using a different device like a controller when in fact there using a mouse and keyboard. I personally consider that cheating I don't give a crap what anyone says when your not using the system the way it was designed only exceptions is if your disabled or it something doesn't work for your device and you need to modify it using external software.

I've just always been an Xbox player so naturally always had a controller. It's just weird with my network infrastructure. I get 7-8 ping and my speeds are around 970DL AND 41UL no packet loss or anything. So yeah I don't know what it could be. Used to happen on my Xbox one as well. I've always had this isp so I don't know if it's oversaturated.

• 1 month later...