NEW R2 FIRMWARE: 3.3.502 - SmartQoS Version 4 ???

Syns

I seen TODDzillaInLA posted a new video https://youtu.be/deFxoDvqTYs and he says there's a new firmware but i cant fine it in the forums and does anyone know his SmartQoS settings?

1 hour ago, Syns said:

I seen TODDzillaInLA posted a new video https://youtu.be/deFxoDvqTYs and he says there's a new firmware but i cant fine it in the forums and does anyone know his SmartQoS settings?

Lmao that a bot lobbie no cap but I don't think he's using the vpn to get that it the fact activision is known for being scummy and giving players who pay for content bot lobbies and so the more you pay the easier the lobbies get as a scheme they'll deny it but no ones that dumb same way there organization lies about there non harassment environment

7 minutes ago, DARKNESS said:

Lmao that a bot lobbie no cap but I don't think he's using the vpn to get that it the fact activision is known for being scummy and giving players who pay for content bot lobbies and so the more you pay the easier the lobbies get as a scheme they'll deny it but no ones that dumb same way there organization lies about there non harassment environment

Someone mentioned paying for their microtransaction and getting an easier time as well.

Also, @East provided a source of someone doing some testing on such a thing, where the channel provides some rather interesting information. 

https://forum.netduma.com/topic/39076-a-claim-is-made-that-reverse-boosting-fixes-hit-rego-lag-comp-etc-in-cod/?do=findComment&comment=344105

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/9/2023 at 2:17 PM, DARKNESS said:

Hes 100% using a VPN.

@HoodedMenaceHe said he does it nothing new kiddo and not every vpn does the same thing they're special vpns which are the ones used for exploiting scummy systems I don't use one neither do I condone one but I understand users that would use it to negate the headaches of losing 50 matches straight and winning 1 do to predatory schemes and even then they don't work 100% except maybe some expensive ones that are milking you dry for cash 😂

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Jakerod12 said:

Ive got it downloaded but when i test for bufferbloat my download goes crazy.
So i went back to older firmware and its a lot smoother for me

Did you go to the latest Early Access version? Did you change your Congestion Control settings on the SmartQoS page?

20 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Did you go to the latest Early Access version? Did you change your Congestion Control settings on the SmartQoS page?

Yes, all setup correctly to my knowledge.
My ping underload goes high on Download though also bullet/hit reg feels really off

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, Jakerod12 said:

Yes, all setup correctly to my knowledge.
My ping underload goes high on Download though also bullet/hit reg feels really off

You may need to fine tune in more or less as it's a big change in firmware but overall I wouldn't worry too much about it, bufferbloat only occurs when your connection is saturated and with Congestion Control active that can't happen.

What favorites did you have enabled when playing?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2023 at 7:23 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

You may need to fine tune in more or less as it's a big change in firmware but overall I wouldn't worry too much about it, bufferbloat only occurs when your connection is saturated and with Congestion Control active that can't happen.

What favorites did you have enabled when playing?

just call of duty series.
It feels really choppy for me and when i do a bufferbloat test im getting 1.5ms jitter on D/L speeds. Even when i change the sliders, the bufferbloat doesnt change and neither does the ping under load.

• Administrators
14 hours ago, Jakerod12 said:

just call of duty series.
It feels really choppy for me and when i do a bufferbloat test im getting 1.5ms jitter on D/L speeds. Even when i change the sliders, the bufferbloat doesnt change and neither does the ping under load.

That amount of jitter is really imperceptible so that's fine. Try Gaming instead as a favorite and see if that improves your performance at all. How much have you changed the sliders by?

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That amount of jitter is really imperceptible so that's fine. Try Gaming instead as a favorite and see if that improves your performance at all. How much have you changed the sliders by?

Just to 70%

• Administrators
46 minutes ago, Jakerod12 said:

Just to 70%

That's our recommended starting point but it won't necessarily work for everyone. It's best to start with a high value for Congestion Control (set to Always), say 95% then do a test, decrease by 10%, test, decrease by 10% etc, until you get to a value that is pretty good and then try 5% either side of that value to see if it can be improved. It's important to note that Download & Upload on Congestion Control don't have to be the same value and that you may have a better experience with differing values.