Importance of upload speed? (Europe/PS4/CoD:AW)

Blochand

Hello there,

1#

Here's the deal. My provider is only able to give me a 24/1.7 connection (yes, I know, this is definitely not great, but hey I'll take what I can get).

I did the NetDuma tutorial for the gaming setup and while setting up the sliders under Congestion Control (suggested: 70% in down- and upload cap), It had me thinking. Does it matter, regarding to the settings, that my upload speed is so bad compared to my download?

2#

My actual reason for asking is that I have had some mixed results in using the NetDuma R1 and I am currently trying out different settings.

Are there anyone here having similar setup and issue as me, who might have found some settings that at least will make CoD:AW playable?

• Residence: Copenhagen, Denmark
  • Speed: 24/1.7
  • Ping: ~20ms
  • Console: PS4
  • Connection: Wired
  • Game: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

Currently trying this with mixed result:

• Distance: 1,000-1,500 km
  • Ping assist: 30-50 ms
  • CC: 70% down- and upload
  • Strict mode: On

/Blochand

I used to game on 1mb upload on adsl and this has no barring to how fast your packets are sent its the ping that is key yours is 20ms which is great.

If you do not want to cap so much you could try 80% upload.

Sounds great that upload isn't that big of a factor in gaming! Wasn't really sure of that. Thanks for clarifying.

My pings are normally around 40-60ms, but I do not ping every game since my PC and PS share the same screen #ExcusesExcusesExcuses :)

I've tried to lower the range a bit, but I would really like to play with people from part of the UK, Germany, Sweden and France since I get rather decent pings from those countries. Also trying to avoid Ireland, Spain and Turkey (for some reason I get high pings and a lot of jitter from them).

I will say that the R1 has definitely helped with the overall experience of the game, but once in a while I still get melted rather quickly. Though this could also be the works of some specific 'imbalanced' guns or just the netcoding of the game.

Any chance that a firmware update could fix the bad spawns in CoD:AW? :) Kappa

The servers are very flakey to say the least this will be why you see wtf moments in AW, have you tried the older cod titles nows thats smooth game play with the duma :)

Last night I hardly connected to a dedi all night, was on fire. Even then a couple of games were very iffy but I stuck them out and they kind of evened out by the end.

I am central UK an set my geo filter to around 1000 km then put my home so as to avoid Spain and Italy as they give horrible lobbies and always have. Strict and pa to 30 Ms

Oh and welcome aboard ,

Archived