To UPNP or to not UPNP…that is the question.

K0NSPIRACY

I found the following comment on a Reddit thread of which the subject was high ping in game and generally a bad in game experience:

”If your using a Netduma router turn off the UPNP priority traffic options for console or pc games. This was throwing off my experience when using my Netduma router.”

Is there any truth in this claim that UPNP could cause issues? If so, what issues (if any) could it cause and would disabling UPNP have any adverse affects in itself?

621EA07E-A284-4B55-AD88-3BA447709A12.thumb.jpeg.5242a67105814075cc6835474658d96e.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I suspect the user is confused between UPnP and Traffic Prioritization and was referring to using Traffic Prioritization, give it a try without and let us know how you get on

Without TP or UPNP?

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Without TP, UPnP wouldn't slow you down in any way

Ok thanks Fraser. I’ve only been using the Call of Duty preset and also added a new rules for UDP 3073>29000-45000 as recommended by someone on here. Are these likely to cause any conflicts with each other, and does that UDP rule actually do anything?

• Administrators
54 minutes ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

Ok thanks Fraser. I’ve only been using the Call of Duty preset and also added a new rules for UDP 3073>29000-45000 as recommended by someone on here. Are these likely to cause any conflicts with each other, and does that UDP rule actually do anything?

They will overlap each other a little so there is no real need to add the additional rule. I'd suggest either going for Classifed Games, a preset or using ports but not a mix.

7 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

They will overlap each other a little so there is no real need to add the additional rule. I'd suggest either going for Classifed Games, a preset or using ports but not a mix.

Ok thanks Fraser. What’s the difference between Duma Classified and the COD preset?

16 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Is there a negative effect when over lapping? Ie leaving classified games on but also using my own 1-65535/30000-50000?