Why are my speeds 1/2 through my Netduma now?

cranium2001

The title says it all. I never get red bars or yellow. All night o was the only one in my party to have the problem. As soon as I unplugged my duma the speeds were back to normal.

I did a speedtest through my duma and through my Nighthawk with very similar results to the pics. I'm stumped.

post-881-0-61785600-1437362593_thumb.png

post-881-0-48187000-1437362618_thumb.png

The title says it all. I never get red bars or yellow. All night o was the only one in my party to have the problem. As soon as I unplugged my duma the speeds were back to normal.

I did a speedtest through my duma and through my Nighthawk with very similar results to the pics. I'm stumped.

I noticed this too that running my xbox through netduma my connection stats were lower than when just connected to the modem.

I will do more tests later and see if the issue is continuing.

cranium with you being a long time forum dweller I am sure you have do the normal checks from the why is my speed lower wiki.

But have you maybe left the congestion sliders down when doing the test?

And also the xbox test is not the best way to test.

cranium with you being a long time forum dweller I am sure you have do the normal checks from the why is my speed lower wiki.

But have you maybe left the congestion sliders down when doing the test?

And also the xbox test is not the best way to test.

Yes sir and no sir. The lag was atrocious and the red and yellow bar has never happened to me. Surprisingly I did okay from a kdr perspective, but there were several times where my bullets wouldn't kill. I also did some desktop speedtests from 2 different locations (both wired) with almost identical results.

http://xboxclips.com/cranium2001/2d72e7eb-b950-494d-a025-2bed95142ecb

This video shows me shooting with no hit markers. It was a "spike". This was the last game in played before I tried to resolve the problem. I don't know if you can see how choppy it felt but it was pretty bad. I tried to boost jump and it wouldn't. Weird.

• Administrators

http://xboxclips.com/cranium2001/2d72e7eb-b950-494d-a025-2bed95142ecb

This video shows me shooting with no hit markers. It was a "spike". This was the last game in played before I tried to resolve the problem. I don't know if you can see how choppy it felt but it was pretty bad. I tried to boost jump and it wouldn't. Weird.

What was the ping to that game? We can't really diagnose gameplay unfortunately. 

Not 100% sure. I have my ping set low but if I don't untick strict I can't get games. The up and down speeds were garbage. When I unplugged the duma they were above average a bit. And I mean speeds. My ping was very high when doing the speedtest through my pc hooked to the duma. They were "normal/ when I did the speedtest through my Nighthawk.

Can you make sure the ethernet cable is plugged in firmly at the back please, even if its slightly out it can cause issues

Already did that. I'm going to try some other things. I did the stuff abc said and it's still acting up. I'm at work so I'll have to try this evening.

Okay let us know and we'll see what we can do later :)

So far did all the stuff and still getting a low reading on my pc connected to the R1. I did a test on the xbox one and it seems normal. I did change the prioritization to 85% for the PC when I did the speed test and it still came in low.

I'll try the game tonight and see what happens. Thanks to all for the suggestions and concerns. As usual this community is tops.

One thing I do differently and i have not seen any speed issues so it might be worth trying.

I do not use Device Prioritisation, you could try reset distribution then update distributution.

And a duma reboot from the misc settings might come in handy if this does not work.

One thing I do differently and i have not seen any speed issues so it might be worth trying.

I do not use Device Prioritisation, you could try reset distribution then update distributution.

And a duma reboot from the misc settings might come in handy if this does not work.

I did all that (even changed and re-changed) the prioritization. I also rebooted from the miscellaneous (that's the only way I do it (remember that thread?)).

So far after checking everything, messing with all the settings and sacrificing two small chickens, it seems to be okay. I did do a speed test with my pc and the results were still crap but they were solid on the xbox. Above average actually. My games were spot on last night aside from a couple laggy ones. I was above average for sure. Thanks for all the suggestions. B)

Archived