how many times do i need to deny a server to make it not appear in match making?

ownal0t

i been trying to block my home server cause while its the games i have the lowest ping for,  its also the most BS filled game this year.  and every day the  match making still puts me in the lobbies.

i denied the servers like  50 times already.

you dont just have 1 game server in your home location. you prob have 100's you do however use a data center that connects you to these servers. Launch the game with your geo enabled in your location,  once it blocks the data center then you will not connect to those servers that it uses.

When you launch your cod game you will see all these data centers, if you block these then you wont get any servers from that data center this will avoid you denying every one.

In my second image i have only allowed the uk data center. (I did this by enabling geo 2 mins before i lauched call of duty game) In multiplayer when you search for game you will see that it works becasue the lobby ping when searching will not change.  

wz.jpg

wzdatacenterblocks.jpg

14 hours ago, ownal0t said:

i been trying to block my home server cause while its the games i have the lowest ping for,  its also the most BS filled game this year.  and every day the  match making still puts me in the lobbies.

i denied the servers like  50 times already.

Good advice above. Can you also send over a screenshot of your Geo-filter settings currently?

• 1 month later...
On 11/23/2022 at 10:34 PM, RedBull2k said:

When you launch your cod game you will see all these data centers, if you block these then you wont get any servers from that data center this will avoid you denying every one.

In my second image i have only allowed the uk data center. (I did this by enabling geo 2 mins before i lauched call of duty game) In multiplayer when you search for game you will see that it works becasue the lobby ping when searching will not change.  

Could you describe how to only allow one server?

31 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Just have the radius cover the one server you want to connect to

I live in Ireland, I set it up as in the picture. The nearest server is in London. I play on Xbox, I have cross-platform play turned off. For me it increases to ping 90ms and after that it finds a game between 30-50ms. It's definitely not a London server. The London server for my connection is around 20ms.

net.jpg

22 minutes ago, Pentol said:

I live in Ireland, I set it up as in the picture. The nearest server is in London. I play on Xbox, I have cross-platform play turned off. For me it increases to ping 90ms and after that it finds a game between 30-50ms. It's definitely not a London server. The London server for my connection is around 20ms.

net.jpg

When searching for games it will increase its ping but it would say something like <90ms which means it can still find any server below 90ms.

What is the ip address or id when you connect to this server?

and where are you taking the PING for that said server(ingame or geofilter).

or has anything changed on your end? like a new isp, hardware etc..

4 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Can you provide the ID of the server you're seeing in London? Are you referring to ping on the Geo or in game?

I can't because Ping Heatmap doesn't work for me.

Just now, Pentol said:

I can't because Ping Heatmap doesn't work for me.

lol. you misunderstand the nature of pingheat map.  its just a grapical indication of what might you get if it was using that particular ip address as a server. and truth be told you will probably never play on those ip addresses.

What ping do you get when in game on geofilter?

9 minutes ago, RedBull2k said:

What is the ip address or id when you connect to this server?

Now I can't give the server ip because Ping Heatmap doesn't work for me in MW2

11 minutes ago, RedBull2k said:

and where are you taking the PING for that said server(ingame or geofilter).

or has anything changed on your end? like a new isp, hardware etc..

I always get my ping from the game. The lowest ping I had was 20-25ms, it was the server from London.

I didn't change anything, same internet provider etc.

then just enable you geofilter 2 minutes before you launch the game. that is all you can do. if you getting ping of 30-50ms check the geofilter for ip address or id and post here.

forget about PINGHEATMAP its not usefull 

15 minutes ago, RedBull2k said:

What ping do you get when in game on geofilter?

30-50ms, this is on game.

10 minutes ago, RedBull2k said:

then just enable you geofilter 2 minutes before you launch the game. that is all you can do. if you getting ping of 30-50ms check the geofilter for ip address or id and post here.

forget about PINGHEATMAP its not usefull 

I always have the geofilter turned on.

I added a London server to Geofilter, and it shows me 13-16ms. How to make it not connect to other servers as you wrote in previous posts

16 minutes ago, RedBull2k said:

your mixing up data center and game server im specifically taking about datacenter

Now it works as I wanted, I search only on ping 22ms it does not go higher.

In game it's between 20-30ms.

Do you think that's how it should be?

How do I add a friend from out of region to play with me?

net.jpg

15 minutes ago, Pentol said:

Now it works as I wanted, I search only on ping 22ms it does not go higher.

In game it's between 20-30ms.

Do you think that's how it should be?

How do I add a friend from out of region to play with me?

net.jpg

you dont need to add to your allow list they are already inside your radius. you only need to add here if they are outside like a friend.

5 minutes ago, RedBull2k said:

you dont need to add to your allow list they are already inside your radius. you only need to add here if they are outside like a friend.

He is outside radius,  How is working Auto Ping Host ?

On 12/26/2022 at 6:12 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

You can see how to add a friend by following the section at the bottom of this guide https://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000077072-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-geo-filter

I added friends to Geofilter and now I have another problem. I can't connect to xbox party with these people.

It shows me that it is connecting and after a while it rejects the connection.

The only option is to turn off Xbox in Geofilter, make an xbox party. Turn on xbox again in Geofilter and restart COD MW 2. Any idea how to solve this?

On 12/28/2022 at 12:14 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Have a look at the map when you invite them, do so zoomed out, there will be an icon appearing as blocked, ping that and add it to your allow list, then you should be able to connect to them.

I tested and it still doesn't work, I have friends on the list (geofilter) but every time a friend is online I have to turn off Xbox (geofilter) so the friend can join me.

I guess it's some kind of error. When I have a user on the list (Geofilter) it still shows me as a user not "allowed user"

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Pentol said:

I tested and it still doesn't work, I have friends on the list (geofilter) but every time a friend is online I have to turn off Xbox (geofilter) so the friend can join me.

I guess it's some kind of error. When I have a user on the list (Geofilter) it still shows me as a user not "allowed user"

Are they using a PC or an Xbox? You may need to do it a few times as their IP can change