Psa Ps5 120hz finaly working correctly

kinel

The new patch has fixeed my issue with ps5 was only running at 60 hz

Its now running at 120hz correctly

And the first few games felt  amazing   so i thought i would quickly let people know

Most people wouldnt know ps5 wasnt running at 120hz correctly

I mentioned this in my previous post i thought it wasnt working correctly

Before  my ping was 8ms on my dumaros would show it as

But ingame my ping would be around 43 ms meaning it would add a delay of  33ms around

60hz = 32ms delay far as i know and read if it was running at 120 hz  120hz =8ms delay as far as i know

So  my ping on dumar  plus an  8ms delay  /120hz should be around 16ms delay  but this wasnt working that way 

It worked that way in vanguard but  not mw2 untill just now

Its now working correctly   my  dumaros ping is around 8ms  my ingame ping is now   14ms to 16ms around

I hope this helps users here 

I never had problem running the game at 120hz. 

Actually, I've been playing it with all bells and whistles PS5 can provide: 4k, 120hz, VRR, ALLM and HDR all together :)

When it comes to latency... before season one: in game ping was about 20ms higher than netduma's in geo-filter.

Today, it was showing 20ms in game and 15ms in the router, so only 5ms difference, which is the same to what I had in vanguard.

1 hour ago, Jackal235 said:

When it comes to latency... before season one: in game ping was about 20ms higher than netduma's in geo-filter.

Today, it was showing 20ms in game and 15ms in the router, so only 5ms difference, which is the same to what I had in vanguard.

That is exactly what im talking about  the latency in game is now 120hz   before it was 60hz on ps5

14 minutes ago, kinel said:

That is exactly what im talking about  the latency in game is now 120hz   before it was 60hz on ps5

Refresh rate is one thing and latency the other.

if you enable 120hz refresh rate on your PS5 and your TV/monitor as well as the game support it... then you should play it in 120 hz regardless the ping.

you can check it: when in game press PS button, then home, settings, screen and video, then video output information.

I was playing since the beta in 4k@120hz, Vrr was also working as how it supposed to be.

Everything was just working from the beta and 60hz doesnt add a delay of 32ms compared to 120hz 🙃

12 minutes ago, Mobel said:

I was playing since the beta in 4k@120hz, Vrr was also working as how it supposed to be.

Everything was just working from the beta and 60hz doesnt add a delay of 32ms compared to 120hz 🙃

60hz  did add a delay of 33ms   but that was before the last update  for me on ps5 / ps4

Im pretty sure  now ps4   or ps5  on 60hz will  add a delay of only  16ms to your ping now  

I will test this later on

Im certain every ps5 user  on 120hz   will see their lstency decrease ingame about 9ms around

I think not all servers were up around the beta, might have been only at a few locations thats maybe why u seen that consistent ping through the beta 

10 hours ago, Mobel said:

I think not all servers were up around the beta, might have been only at a few locations thats maybe why u seen that consistent ping through the beta 

Im actually telking about since the games full release  

The lower delay is only since ydstradys update alll ps users will see there in game ping lowered

15 hours ago, kinel said:

Im actually telking about since the games full release  

The lower delay is only since ydstradys update alll ps users will see there in game ping lowered

Oh no I have seen 15-20ms in game while playing a lot of times (on a daily basis) also during the beta and since launch of the game, just depends which server I was connected to.

Same experience here. Before the update my ping was 30-45ms on ps4 every match, after the update it has dropped down to what I was used to seeing in previous cods - 17-30ms max. Friends on PC say my ping is below 10ms on the scoreboard. They definitely optimised something.

On 11/18/2022 at 11:38 PM, johnnytran said:

Same experience here. Before the update my ping was 30-45ms on ps4 every match, after the update it has dropped down to what I was used to seeing in previous cods - 17-30ms max. Friends on PC say my ping is below 10ms on the scoreboard. They definitely optimised something.

This is exactly what im saying since the latest patch the games delay has decraesed  to 120hz =8ms delay on ps5  

before the patch the delay was 60hz  =16ms on ps5

And if you ran   at60hz on ps5 or ps4   the delay was 32ms thats a 30hz delay30hz=32ms around

This was since the beta untill  the dmz patch 

Im not sure about other pc delays  or xbox as i dont own xbox so i couldnt tell you

I just find this  strange how o ps5 and ps4  the delay ghe game addds to your  ping is the   amount of hz the console / ps5 or ps4  uses

This is the same on vanguard for me

So from what it shows me now is the game is running  the 120hz on ps5  now  but it wasnt before

It looks like this to me from the delay the game adds 

To me this makes sence