VPN on DUMAOS 4 Step Guide

Uhtred

I see alot of posts recently of people not being able to or not knowing how to connect to a VPN. This will work for PC and Console.

Step 1:

head over to your Hybrid VPN Tab and add device.

image.thumb.png.c5401675d33c97d9f30d120cb5e9c2c8.png

Step 2:

add service (if on console make sure to set device type to computer in the device manager tab) and enter these ports:

UDP source: start 1 end 65535 destination start 3074 end 3074

also add the TCP source: start 1 end 65535 destination start 443 end 443

image.png.913058cad64c4d03dbfb9ff306da5bcb.pngimage.png.c0736d35c79e90e4c317e3a0322c7c0d.pngimage.png.ab5767e05328c3788121d25bc5761b46.png

Step 3:

Enable VPN setup, click on VPN setup and guide to Advanced. Enter your VPN details such as Username, Pasword and the text inside your config file.

image.png.ae6ca5b8d0dcdfc54cf68753b8c0e365.png

Step 4: 

Head over to your game (in this case Cod MW2) and head over to net work info to check if the VPN works. I live in Europe not India as the game states, we can conclude it works.

1098937593_WhatsAppImage2022-11-11at2_41_48PM.thumb.jpg.f0a4837890a9a4866221bca7a583c074.jpg

I have done this and not noticed ANY difference  unless I use the VPN for the whole connection.

Sure it spoofs your location but I don't think that matters anymore, as in I believe it's either broken or patched

27 minutes ago, oRaGaMi said:

I have done this and not noticed ANY difference  unless I use the VPN for the whole connection.

Sure it spoofs your location but I don't think that matters anymore, as in I believe it's either broken or patched

I still get decent lobbies using this method its not patched.

11 hours ago, Chaiyoabc said:

Oh just realized it is india. 
mine work best in South Africa. I live in Thailand connecting to Singapore servers. And I am telling you SG is a sweat fest. 

I don't India isn't the place I VPN towards, I tend to use low populated areas.

16 hours ago, oRaGaMi said:

Also if you have issues you can upload your VPN config file to codvpn works for Nord and other like Surfshark.

I tried this, my location changed in-game but my ping remained the same. I'd say it ran a lot worse than normal and I feel like it was connecting me to foreign players on my country's servers (speaking Asian, weird names etc.), so they were lagging. Probably using a vpn themselves.

11 hours ago, Uhtred said:

Also if you have issues you can upload your VPN config file to codvpn works for Nord and other like Surfshark.

What’s the benefit for uploading? I mean if you’ve already vpn the correct ports. 

On 11/12/2022 at 8:03 PM, Old J said:

What’s the benefit for uploading? I mean if you’ve already vpn the correct ports. 

This tool makes sure your matchmaking traffic gets forwarded through the vpn

On 11/12/2022 at 12:32 PM, johnnytran said:

I tried this, my location changed in-game but my ping remained the same. I'd say it ran a lot worse than normal and I feel like it was connecting me to foreign players on my country's servers (speaking Asian, weird names etc.), so they were lagging. Probably using a vpn themselves.

If they are lagging and not you this is even more beneficial. What do you mean by it ran alot worse?

15 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

This tool makes sure your matchmaking traffic gets forwarded through the vpn

Ye, I noticed 😊 but what I don’t get is why I should use udp port 3074? The location change ingame only by using tcp 443

4 minutes ago, Old J said:

Ye, I noticed 😊 but what I don’t get is why I should use udp port 3074? The location change ingame only by using tcp 443

These are ports used through out all devices on call of duty servers. MW19 and Warzone port forwarding seems to work on MW2

image.thumb.png.23fcc9482204af179a7c8a71e0123e84.png

10 hours ago, Uhtred said:

These are the matchmaking ports and Geo Ports these are split into different ports split in UDP and TCP

TCP 443 is not on the list. I don’t understand. If I use tcp 433 on ps5 I get the location I want ingame. Only that port?

17 hours ago, Uhtred said:

If they are lagging and not you this is even more beneficial. What do you mean by it ran alot worse?

A lot worse as in bullet reg was bad & people were melting me as soon as they appeared on my screen

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can anybody find a game using this method on pc? It works for me if I’m playing on ps5 but if I’m on my pc it just sits searching for a game. I’ve tried resetting firewall and network settings but it’s still the same. 

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
2 hours ago, Paulo_81 said:

I didn't understand part 3, do I have to register outside of R2? Because I'm not registered in any VPN!

You need to have a subscription to a VPN provider to use the HybridVPN feature on the router.